Time To Get More In Depth On Thomas Dimitroff

RYNE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so youre telling me the saints and packers won superbowls because of 'opportunistic defense' and 'solid running game' and not because of their top 3 record setting offenses???? LOL you are completely brain dead. its time to retire

The Packers were ranked higher in points the three years before and the three years after they won their title. Their defense was ranked 2nd the year they won the Bowl, the highest it's ranked in the last 17 years.

The Aints have had an explosive offense for eight straight years but only won one Bowl. They were explosive in 2012 but only went 7-9. What happened? The year they won the Bowl they were ranked 6th in rushing and their defense was taking the ball away at a high rate. That's what put them over the top. Not that explosive bush it. They were explosive this year. What happened?

Turrible.

You said. It's why I also think he crushes it this offseason. He can and has a clear path to over $40 million in cap space. So if he doesn't crush it with ideal FA signings and the draft (fully expect us to move up to #2 for Clowney unless the Bucs offer 5 1st round draft picks) then he truly needs to GTFO.

Urgency spurs actions -- so may actually luck into TD crushing this offseason because of our poor 2013. He knows Blank brought in Pioli so that we would have a top executive who was familiar with the organization and the personnel to take over for 2015 if the ship isn't righted in 2014.

When Holmgren was up against the wall he used a future 2nd round pick to outbid the field for Josh Gordon which now looks like a steal. With Dimitroff up against a wall, he should use a future 1st to move up to take Jadaveon Clowney which I have a feeling when all is said and done will look like a steal too. He's a better prospect than Aldon Smith, Jason Pierre-Paul, Robert Quinn, and even Mario Williams --- and right now he is really just an insane athlete with natural moves terrorizing OTs and QBs. When a good DL coach teaches him flawless technique, you're basically going to get a 4-3 DE version of JJ Watt who is unstoppable and makes an impact on every snap. I've never wanted a single player more.

I think the pecking order at the Top is 1. TD 2. MS 3. AB 4. LV. But even though TD has to give the green light I feel our Scouting Department has not done a good job and deserves to be put pressure on. I don't really like to bash and make people lose jobs but I just want the whole FO to do better. I feel this is the most crucial off season in Falcon history. They really can't afford to wait on under performing or just okay guys. There are a lot of teams just 3-4 player away. We wil succeed if the FO does what they talked about=LEAVE NO STONE UNTUNRED

Okay, so you analyzed TD. Now analyze the draft performances of 10 other GMs and then let's compare. A single case study builds little evidence without a population of data to compare against.

Do it then. Pick out a team and look at what they have done since 2008. Follow my format. Someone else pick a different team.

Do it then. Pick out a team and look at what they have done since 2008. Follow my format. Someone else pick a different team.

Ill try tomorrow I'm off for 3 days.

Also I believe an explosive team is defined by hitherto climactic plays resulting in pts such as busting off a run whether up the gut or outside toss or a long, deep pass set up from some real hard running via play action. Explosions don't occur all the time or you are just looking at the lights turned on; you want each play to trick your opponent into a lull before pouncing and expending yourself into scoring a touchdown and they say, shocked and agape, What Just Happened to Me?

You just can't build teams through the draft as long as you continue to give up 1- 4 picks moving up or trades. No one is good enough to hit on all his picks. You need volume to increase your chances. And trader Tom has to hit more often than a team with all their picks.

Actually you may find that the teams that build through the draft

1.trade their players early for picks before losing them for nothing ie.. NE, Bal.(which we don't DO! Hang on too long)

2.Trade back for more picks (not a chance)

3.Hardly ever trade up!

I don't have the time to go team by team. If you have so much time on your hands I suggest you go right ahead. I'd start with the Seahawks and 49ers. Take a look at how their teams were put together the past few years through both free agency and the draft

RYNE, the point is that every GM looks mediocre to bad, when compared to nothing. Dimitroff, with the exception of the '08 draft, has drafted from the latter half of every round. Of course his choices look lousy. But, if you compare him to every other GM that has drafted in the second half of each round, you will see that he does a reasonably good job.

Players like Maponga, Massaquoi, Antone Smith, D Johnson, Spoon, Tufant and Alford stand a very good chance of producing at a very high level.......if the lines are improved. My guess is that we will finally see TD address those needs.

The GMs better than Thomas Dimitroff

Ozzie Newsome

Ted Thompson

Mickey Loomis

Jerry Reese

John Schneider

Bill Bellichick & company

Trent Baalke

Mike Brown - as of late been really solid in draft

Kevin Colbert

This will be probably TD last season as a a general manager and I am not sure he will find another GM job around the NFL.

You named 9 GMs better than TD, proving my point that there aren't many GMs this place would take over TD. That makes TD a top 10 GM in your eyes. To say you aren't sure he will find a GM job again if he were fired is hilarious. I'm willing to bet the Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Dolphins, etc would love a GM like TD, even with his misses.