I wouldn't be mad if we did end up with Incognito if he learned to shut up a lil bit and act half sane. LOL. I mean how many other guys have done worse and been welcomed into teams' locker rooms? I still feel if we need 5 guys. A safety, 2 OL, 2 DL. The rest of the guys I can live with. There is no way we have the injury bug as bad as last year. I mean we could stand a TE, a RB, another CB, etc But if the lines and the black hole at S were fixed last year we would have won 7 to 9 game with the injuries.

Incognito is not good enough to warrant his stupidity. He is on the decline and his past two seasons have been mediocre. If anyone signs him, it will be a desperation move.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the big splash being Alex Mack at center. Then, would like to see smaller moves like Geoff Schwartz at RG and maybe Linval Joseph....

This is what I pray for mid tier money outside of Macks 7-8 mill if it went that far 4-5 for Scwhartz 5 for Joseph then all of a sudden the murky picture that is FA becomes alot clearer.

Scariest scenario 8-9 for Byrd 12 for Hardy moves like that for me look like the panic button has been pushed.

I would like to see the big splash being Alex Mack at center. Then, would like to see smaller moves like Geoff Schwartz at RG and maybe Linval Joseph....

I'd rather Mack not be the big splash. Center wasn't an issue once Hawley stepped in and paying top money for a soon to be 29 yo center isn't smart money, no matter how much you pay your QB.

Average centers are made better between good guards. Look at the teams that were in the championship games. SF, SEA, DEN and NE. Only Seattle had an above average center in Unger. The rest had stronger guard play. Because centers' value is in their intelligence. They rarely have to block alone. The mostly help block.

I'd rather Mack not be the big splash. Center wasn't an issue once Hawley stepped in and paying top money for a soon to be 29 yo center isn't smart money, no matter how much you pay your QB.

Average centers are made better between good guards. Look at the teams that were in the championship games. SF, SEA, DEN and NE. Only Seattle had an above average center in Unger. The rest had stronger guard play. Because centers' value is in their intelligence. They rarely have to block alone. The mostly help block.

No,No huddle or hurry up with Hawley at C Bro the o-line still struggled mightily despite what went on at that position.He may have played well in the limited games he did get last year but I'd bank on inconsistency with Hawley there for me I just want that key spot locked and loaded for the long haul.

I'll say it Hawley's had 4 years to push his case and I'm yet to see him grab it with both hands and make it his own if I'm honest I'm not bothered if they even let the guy test the market..

No,No huddle or hurry up with Hawley at C Bro the o-line still struggled mightily despite what went on at that position.He may have played well in the limited games he did get last year but I'd bank on inconsistency with Hawley there for me I just want that key spot locked and loaded for the long haul.

I'll say it Hawley's had 4 years to push his case and I'm yet to see him grab it with both hands and make it his own if I'm honest I'm not bothered if they even let the guy test the market..

He did not have 4 years. His rookie year he was being groomed behind McClure. Then we drafted Konz in 2012. McClure was still here. We all know draft position dictates playing time and Konz being a 2nd trumped Hawley being a 5th. So that argument is false.

But it's obvious you haven't sat and watched Hawley. The OLine struggles persisted because Holmes isn't a LT, Konz isn't a RG and we had no viable RT. We could have had Mack last year and still sucked. I understand wanting the position solidified, but we have that in Hawley if yall would just watch the man and not blame him for break downs around him.

Don't see why TD wouldn't go nuts in FA. He's broken every other cardinal sin of successful team building- squandered draft picks, built from the outside, ignored the lines, pissed off the veterans, franchised the $%ing punter…need I continue? He's terrible.

Seattle

Squandered draft picks for Harvin

Built their secondary before their lines

Went nuts in FA to then fix those lines

What were you saying?

There is no rumor that we're interested in Delmas. There is only one person's suggestion that we might be, in the future.

ESPN.com's Ben Goessling believes the Vikings could show interest in free agent Louis Delmas.

Delmas would need to convert to strong safety, but could be a fit for the Vikings if they decide to upgrade on Jamarca Sanford. In addition to Minnesota, Delmas has been linked to the Falcons and could return to Detroit after testing the open market.

Related: Vikings

Source: ESPN.com Feb 15 - 2:42 PM

Seattle

Squandered draft picks for Harvin

Built their secondary before their lines

Went nuts in FA to then fix those lines

What were you saying?

Oh you think Seattle is the model now? Seattle is a fluke. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

You know what Seattle is the model for? The #$%&ing Raiders. Seattle is the Raiders with a ring.

Let's see how Seattle does when its time to pay Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman and Red Bryant and Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril…etc etc.

#$%&ing Seattle. GTFO.

We should spend more than usual because if we repeat this latest 4-12 season then Dimitroff and Smith are both gone. Blank thinks that our nucleus in place is a good if bit great one and this last season was an aberration. If we suck again, then it would seem more like the new norm.

And with the Panthers defense trending toward to elite & Cam getting more weapons this offseason, the Saints back in the saddle with Payton back as HC, Rob Ryan getting the defense to top 10 status and Bree's also getting more weapons, and the Bucs getting Lovie Smith to turn their top 5 on paper D to a real top 5 D and Mike Glennon improving and also getting more weapons --- we will need to improve A LOT to even get out of our division over .500.

When other front offices have been in similar situations they usually go all out spending current and (important to note) future resources to improve right now to save their own jobs ---- if they suck they won't be around to not have the future picks anyway. A lucky good example of this is Holmgren using a future 2nd round pick to take Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. A bad example of this is the same Holmgren trading picks to take Brandon Weeden in the 1st round because he needed an upgrade at QB and his age just meant maybe he would be pro ready from Day 1 which is what he needed.

Pro definitely think we are going to trade our 2015 pick during this draft --- most likely to move from #6 to #2 to get Jadaveon Clowney. Judging by how horrendous our moves at DE have been over the last 5 years during Dimitroff's reign --- drafting Lawrence Sidbury ('09), Cliff Matthews ('11), Jonathan Massaquoi ('12), Malliciah Goodman ('13), Stansly Maponga ('13), while signing Ray Edwards ('11 to '12) and Osi Umenyiora ('13) [bust and bad], and cutting our lone impact pass rusher in John Abraham ('13) --- it is time that Dimitroff stopped shopping in the bargain bin hoping to strike gold with a raw DE and takes a top flight stud. He knows it and I do believe it is why we will be moving up to #2 if the Texans take a QB.

I mean really, look at that DE set that Dimitroff has brought in --- it's easily the worst 5 year position group in the NFL, and DT is literally right behind it; if Dimitroff didn't inherit Jon Babineaux the DT group would be even worse than the DE group. He took Biermann (a LB/ DE hustle player lacking in athleticism) in the 6th round of his first draft as GM and because how bad the rest of our DEs and OLBs have been Biermann has started at both positions. On a good defense, Biermann wouldn't see the field (Seattle, San Fran, Tampa, Carolina, Kansas City, etc.)

If we stand pat and Clowney falls, or we take Mack, I still expect us to trade our 2015 1st to team who wants to stockpile assets in the 2015 draft for a QB (Jameis or Mariota or Hundley) --- a team like the Rams who haves a Ton of young talent and would rather give them a chance to see the field then add more 2nd and 3rd rounders at this time (if they are getting a 2015 1st in the process). We could give our 2015 1st for the 13th pick in the 2nd round and take a stud DT like Stephon Tuitt or OT like Antonio Richardson --- or use our 2015 1st to pair it with our 2nd to move up to the 20s (Indy's pick that the Browns have make a lot of sense) to take a stud DT like Timmy Jernigan, Louis Nix III, Aaron Donald, Ra'Shede Hageman, or even Stephon Tuitt. The 20s of the 1st round will be the sweet spot for DTs IMO -- all of those guys won't make it to our pick in the 2nd round except for maybe Tuitt. If we love a guy (like Jernigan) it makes a lot of sense to go up and get him.

He did not have 4 years. His rookie year he was being groomed behind McClure. Then we drafted Konz in 2012. McClure was still here. We all know draft position dictates playing time and Konz being a 2nd trumped Hawley being a 5th. So that argument is false.

But it's obvious you haven't sat and watched Hawley. The OLine struggles persisted because Holmes isn't a LT, Konz isn't a RG and we had no viable RT. We could have had Mack last year and still sucked. I understand wanting the position solidified, but we have that in Hawley if yall would just watch the man and not blame him for break downs around him.

But he's had 4 years to take the position and through one thing or another the FO hasn't had faith in this guy being the answer.

He has had plenty of oppourtunity to stake his case.I even remember as far back as 2011 reading an article on here the FO were hoping Hawley would take Mclures job during TC but it just didn't happen.For me he has basically gifted the C position through the bad play of Konz and the retirement of Mclure.

Throw in things like drug suspension he hardly has my faith that he's a long term solution.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Oh you think Seattle is the model now? Seattle is a fluke. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

You know what Seattle is the model for? The #$%&ing Raiders. Seattle is the Raiders with a ring.

Let's see how Seattle does when its time to pay Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman and Red Bryant and Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril…etc etc.

#$%&ing Seattle. GTFO.

somebody mad cause proven wrong.

the correct answer is that there is no 'model' because teams

constructed very different ways have all won the super bowl.

there is no one way to win. let that sink in

Edited by JulioisCoolio

But he's had 4 years to take the position and through one thing or another the FO hasn't had faith in this guy being the answer.

He has had plenty of oppourtunity to stake his case.I even remember as far back as 2011 reading an article on here the FO were hoping Hawley would take Mclures job during TC but it just didn't happen.For me he has basically gifted the C position through the bad play of Konz and the retirement of Mclure.

Throw in things like drug suspension he hardly has my faith that he's a long term solution.

You don't believe that. When Konz was drafted, it relegated Hawley to backup status and you know it. We always give preference to higher drafted players. That's why Dent started even though we all saw Worrilow was better. If not for injury, Worrilow never plays. Same with Antone Smith. Don't blindly overlook that because it fits your argument. Hawley got one shot in 2011, played decently around a bunch of trash and then played RG and then Konz was picked.

You already have your mind made up, but don't fit things into boxes just to fit your stance. I also encourage you to go back and look solely at Hawley's play last season vs just remembering the line was bad and making him guilty by association. Bet your stance would sway.