Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Wall

Saints Are Cleaning House

Yep. We finish 4-12 but it's the Saints that are cleaning house.

Which franchise means business folks!

Not understanding how this statement makes us bad. We have cut guys too and will cut more. Cutting our 2 guys gets us to 19 mil under the cap and the Saints cutting 4 guys gets them to break even. So far, we are winning the FA game.

If you're implying they're going to be better by doing it, you're wrong. I really don't understand handing out such massive contracts to a tight end and sacrificing the rest of the team to do it. Only quarterbacks should get that luxury. Tony Gonzalez is the greatest tight end ever, look at his playoff record. Same idea for wide receivers. Randy Moss and TO don't have a ring despite being two of the best to ever play. It takes a total team to win, not just a couple superstars.

yeah you remember what happened when we cleaned house of the vets last year, well they wont even be able to replace those vets with better players.

Will Smith was a given. I was interested in seeing how they got enough space to even sign anybody let alone their draft class. They need around $19MM if Graham gets the WR Tag.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Greer for vet depth. He's a good vet corner. But it would have to be very cheap as he's been hurt and he's old. But it would help us get some intel on the Saints, more important than we believe.

Another team we can all point and laugh at is Dallas. They are $24MM over the cap.

Given the nature of that plug and play offense, the players they are cutting will be replaced by a cheaper player. They may not be as productive as those they replace, but I don't think this is as much of a benefit as having Graham leave would be...

Brees, Graham, and that OL are the cogs, everyone else is fodder...

As far as the D is concerned, Harper was one of the players their fans had hoped would be suspended, if that gives an indication as to what he's worth. I still remember the play where he got ran down by Sam Bradford after Sam threw him an interception...

They will miss Greer, though...

The Cowboys cap situation is insane. Jerry Jones just gives out contracts like crazy. I think Vilma is done. He's had a great career. Roman may get on somewhere else. he's not that good in coverage but he can hit and is a good back up.

im shocked that they released Jabari Greer, maybe they'll bring him back at vet min depending upon his recovery but they dont have corners. P Rob was a bust. Corey White is decent but needs more time to develop

Why are y'all saying we're going to be hurt by cutting these players? Greer is the only player that was a surprise. Harper got replaced by Vaccaro, Smith got replaced by Jordan, and Vilma got replaced by Lofton. We still had the 4th ranked defense with Smith, Harper, and Vilma. Our team is young and only getting better. We have great leadership with Lofton and Lewis. So our team is fine.

yeah you remember what happened when we cleaned house of the vets last year, well they wont even be able to replace those vets with better players.

They were already replaced by Jordan, Lofton, and Vaccaro. Greer's replacement will come via FA.

I will take all those guys they cut. Those guys could help the falcons. Roman Harper, say what you want about the guy, but he is always kicking our *** every time we play them.

Why are y'all saying we're going to be hurt by cutting these players? Greer is the only player that was a surprise. Harper got replaced by Vaccaro, Smith got replaced by Jordan, and Vilma got replaced by Lofton. We still had the 4th ranked defense with Smith, Harper, and Vilma. Our team is young and only getting better. We have great leadership with Lofton and Lewis. So our team is fine.

Hey look. It's one of the four people from Louisiana that knows how to use punctuation. Everyone take a look. It is a mythical creature in the bayou.

Who's going to be the other safety? Bush is only ok.

Plus, your LT, RT and C are all going to be gone. Yall have no money. These cuts got yall to $3MM basically. Jimmy Graham is going to be tagged as a WR. That's $11M. Full rookie class is $8MM. That's $19MM you gotta find.

Who's going to be the other safety? Bush is only ok.

Plus, your LT, RT and C are all going to be gone. Yall have no money. These cuts got yall to $3MM basically. Jimmy Graham is going to be tagged as a WR. That's $11M. Full rookie class is $8MM. That's $19MM you gotta find.

Sadly I don't think that's true. All the talking heads " in the know" are predicting he'll get the TE tag. Granted that's still another 4 mil in cuts on the way. lance Moore should be worth 2.5. I imagine the Brees restructure will take care if the rest.

And the rookie class allotment, you have to keep in mind that you have to substitute their salaries for the bottom values of the top 51 contracts---- cap charge will probably be more in the 3-4 mil range.

Will be interesting to see then have to rebuild that O-line..... As we know, one weak link is all it takes to break the chain. And Strief and De La Puente are quality labor that presumably will be loss.....

Point being, the biggest pain they are gonna feel is not gonna from who they cut, it will come from who they can't resign.