Dimitroff On Tony G

xSICKxWITHxITx

Yep........this is my thing, I read the entire article and what I fail to understand is this - in his speech to the team he gets teary and says " some of you guys do not know how to work ". But the last example he set for them was skipping camp for personal reasons and then starting the season slow. Mr. Gonzo speak with forked tongue.

Here is the thing with that..... He has earned a place to where TC is not important to him.

I wish he was with the team if he was not working but but he is not the only super star to get preferential treatment. I know we would all like to think no guy is treated different and everyone is the same but lets be honest its not the case. when you have guys who are sure fire first ballot hall of famers and guys who are widely regarded as the best to ever play their position.....they are going to get a few more breaks then the typical even high round first round pick gets.

But it is not fair to question his work ethic...tony's work ethic is legendary. by every single account he has been the role model for young guys as far as working hard.

It is lame he was not in camp but like I said to question his leadership and work ethic is not fair IMO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the thing with that..... He has earned a place to where TC is not important to him.

I wish he was with the team if he was not working but but he is not the only super star to get preferential treatment. I know we would all like to think no guy is treated different and everyone is the same but lets be honest its not the case. when you have guys who are sure fire first ballot hall of famers and guys who are widely regarded as the best to ever play their position.....they are going to get a few more breaks then the typical even high round first round pick gets.

But it is not fair to question his work ethic...tony's work ethic is legendary. by every single account he has been the role model for young guys as far as working hard.

It is lame he was not in camp but like I said to question his leadership and work ethic is not fair IMO.

Tony wasn't Tony the first quarter of the season. That was clear to everyone.

After the NFC Championship game

"I was open, but Matt missed me"..

Game was over.. We lost. Get over it..

Then he skips training camp and comes back looking like he's running with ankle weights on.

And his subpar blocking only added to the problems we had with the running game and pass protection...

Then its this Matt is not "elite" crap....Whether you believe he is, or he isn't, who makes that statement about their QB?

Comes back with "Matt is the best QB ive ever played with". Well considering he played with Elvis Grbac and Damon Huard, is that really a compliment?

GTFOH

Edited by zekeyboy1

Surprises me a little that Tony has gone from --- as long as he wants to come back we will love him and cheer for him and welcome him back with open arms to:

GTFO you me-first prima donna who helped ruin our season and has diminishing skills.

I guess that happens when your HOF ability starts to fade, you can't separate from LBs or Ss in coverage anymore, you are a liability blocking so we can't run outside effectively if you are in the game ---- but worst of all you put yourself before the team, admit that you acted like a spoiled SOB to show the team that they would really miss you when you were gone because you're the best, and skip all offseason team sessions, AND you want to be paid $7 million a year just to keep coming back!

TG has slowly revealed more of a TO selfish personality and if he had retired a year ago it never would have come to light.

I would only take him back if he took the veteran minimum AND signed a contract that stipulated he couldn't skip any team workouts in the off seasons. A rusty, over the hill Tony Gonzalez does not help the Falcons win their first title. He hurts that pursuit, and in a damaging long-term way if he takes up a meaningful amount of cap space that prevents us from signing a great free agent this offseason.

I would 1000% rather spend $7 mil on at least 25 free agents: Branden Albert, Jared Veldheer, Michael Oher, Alex Mack, Jermicael Finley, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Hakeem Nicks to name a few guys we could give $7 mil or parts of it to on offense.

I would also personally rather have Zach Miller at this point than Tony Gonzalez. Miller will be released by Seattle in the coming weeks, and although it seems like he's been around forever at this point as he will be in his 3rd diff team after this free agency -- he just turned 28 which is almost 10 years younger than Tony.

---> Miller is one of the 3 best blocking TEs who also classify as receivers (Vernon Davis, Marcedes Lewis, Zach Miller) and while Carroll used him exclusively as a blocker for Marshawn (that worked very well) and red zone threat (5 TDs in regular season) he is only a few years removed from impressive caliber seasons in Oakland like his 2010 campaign: 60 catches, 685 yards, 5 TDs. Factor in his QB and that it's Oakland and it's a very impressive season for an oft-underutilized player.

Miller has Jason Witten ability -- he just had the misfortune of being drafted by Oakland and then going to an ultra conservative running team despite being promised a large role in the passing attack after getting a 5 year $34 million deal (very good TE money for an underused baker).

At 6'5 255 lbs and 4.72 40 speed and a 34" vertical -- Miller can still present s good mismatch in the seam and in the red zone for certain. And as he proved in Oakland for McFadden's one great year and Marshawn emergence as the NFL's #2 RB since he arrived in Seattle to open up holes for him --- he will definitely significantly boost his new teams running game.

When i heard that or what he said--I thought --he's coming back.

I really think we need to pay ghram to steal him from the saints--we can't cover him--period.

Then we could fine out about their plans and game plans an stuff.Try to trade Harry douglas and some picks to get the rams draft 2# and draft clowny.Let these other recievers-our rookies show us who is the best--cone,davis,ect...We don't have time for this Tony thing--he's good but --I'd rather have Ghram.

When i heard that or what he said--I thought --he's coming back.

I really think we need to pay ghram to steal him from the saints--we can't cover him--period.

Then we could fine out about their plans and game plans an stuff.Try to trade Harry douglas and some picks to get the rams draft 2# and draft clowny.Let these other recievers-our rookies show us who is the best--cone,davis,ect...We don't have time for this Tony thing--he's good but --I'd rather have Ghram.

If we get to the rams# pick and clowny is gone--take Manzeil--and trade ryan.I think we are trusting ryan --too much.Manziel would rock the ga dome--every game!!

Go back to playing Madden. This is the real world.

How ******* pathetic. Seriously guys, how ******* PATHETIC. Falcons in 2014 go 10-0 and pretty much have a spot in the playoffs with out Gonzalez, and all of the sudden we would NEED Gonzalez to win games? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS FRANCHISE!!!!!!!