Trashmetalx Mock Offseason 1.0

trashmetalx

This is my first mock offseason ever so please go easy on me. I'm taking a very REALISTIC approach to this mock. It's not necessarily what I WANT to happen but what I think the TEAM will do. My approach is to fix the OLine primarily with FA and build a solid Defense through the draft.

Cuts:

G. Reynolds, M. Johnson, P. DiMarco, J. Snelling, C. Matthews, O. Gaither, J. Vaughn

Let Walk:

J. Babineaux, P. Jerry, C. Coffman, J. Trueblood

Re-sign:

J. Hawley, R. McClain, C. Peters,

Extend:

R. White

Free Agency:

Branden Albert, RT

Willie Colon, RG

Linval Joseph, DT

Jeff Cumberland, TE

Draft (not projecting trades or comp picks):

1. Khalil Mack (OLB/DE), Buffalo

2. David Yankey (OG), Stanford

3. Daquan Jones (DT), Penn State

4. Andre Williams (RB), Boston College

5. Jacob Pederson (TE), Wisconsin

6. Chris Davis (CB), Auburn

7. Aaron Murray (QB), Georgia

Roster:

QB: Ryan/Davis/Murray

RB: Jackson/Rodgers/Williams/Smith

FB: Ewing

WR: Jones, White, Douglas, Johnson, Davis, Cone

TE: Toilolo/Cumberland/Pederson

LT: Baker/Holmes

LG: Blalock/Gunn

C: Hawley/Konz

RG: Colon/Yankey (camp battle)

RT: Albert/Schraeder

RE: Umenyiora/Goodman/Maponga

LE: Mack/Biermann/Massaquoi

DT: Joseph/Peters/Jones/Robertson

WLB: Weatherspoon/Thomas

MLB: Worrilow/Dent

SLB: Bartu

CB: Trufant/Alford/McClain/Franks/Davis

SS: Moore/Motta

FS: DeCoud/Ishmael

K: Bryant

P: Bosher

LS: Harris

KR/PR: C. Davis

Criticism is welcome!

Edited by trashmetalx

I think we could do better than Colon at LG. I think we will have the cash to get someone like an Asamoa, not someone old like Colon.

Isn't Mack a LBer? or is he kind of like a Biermann who can play that hybrid role?

Well I went with Colon because I drafted Yankey. I figured they could fight it out for the spot. I would like Yankey to win so Colon could be depth but if he's not ready yet then we have a vet to hold down the spot for a year.

And Mack is a much better version of Biermann. He can be Nolan's chess piece and he can actually *gasp* rush the passer!

Pretty good, but Decoud is as good as gone. TD himself said we'll be looking for a safety in FA.

I would be thrilled if we let him go but I'm just not sure. We like to give guys every possible chance and I feel the backend will benefit greatly from an improved front 7.

And I would hate to invest a ton of money in a FS (Byrd).

Also not a fan of using another 7th on a QB. Just bring in a UDFA to fight it out with Renfree.

I just feel that Murray will be a bargain. When healthy, I would trust him over Davis and Renfree to step in and hold down the fort. And he could potentially become a Matt Flynn/Kevin Kolb type trade-bait.

I would be thrilled if we let him go but I'm just not sure. We like to give guys every possible chance and I feel the backend will benefit greatly from an improved front 7.

And I would hate to invest a ton of money in a FS (Byrd).

Only until you're reminded of what a good FS can do for your defense. That and a defensive improvement of adding L. Joseph and K. Mack to our core and there would be no complaints here.

Only until you're reminded of what a good FS can do for your defense. That and a defensive improvement of adding L. Joseph and K. Mack to our core and there would be no complaints here.

Boy, those 3 defensive players really have me drooling... But let's say we invest in Byrd and Joseph in FA and take Mack at 6. Where are we going to fix this travesty of an OL? We need at least two new OL starters that are significant upgrades over Konz/Holmes. I'm also not crazy about rolling with Hawley at C. I could deal with it depending on our other moves though. I'm just not sure we have the cash even if we cut guys like Osi and Decouldn't.

Boy, those 3 defensive players really have me drooling... But let's say we invest in Byrd and Joseph in FA and take Mack at 6. Where are we going to fix this travesty of an OL? We need at least two new OL starters that are significant upgrades over Konz/Holmes. I'm also not crazy about rolling with Hawley at C. I could deal with it depending on our other moves though. I'm just not sure we have the cash even if we cut guys like Osi and Decouldn't.

Yeah fixing the oline will get us farther than getting a dominant FS. Doesn't mean we can't upgrade at FS (**** I would be an upgrade) but O Line is top priority for us. If we had even a mediocre oline last year, we would have been a playoff team.

No issues with it. Albert may be too expensive but it is definitely a position that needs to be addressed. I like the Demarco kid, but he has to win a spot on the roster... Not too bad.

I myself am torn between Mack and Robinson in the first.

I really like Robinson too but then we would have to add a pass rusher in FA. And to get a guy that's going to make a difference (Hardy or maybe Johnson) we'll have to pay 8-12 mil/yr. I don't think Albert will command that much.

And I could see Nolan getting all giddy when he sees Khalil Mack on tape. He's an elite "chess piece" that can do everything in this defense.