Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vel

4-3 Under, The Leo And The Falcons Multiple Defense

What if Tuitt and Donald are both there in the second? That would be a hard decision.

Agree. I'd go Tuitt simply because he's perfect for all downs and helps both our run defense and pass rush and adds size to am undersized DL. Guess it depends on first pick too. You get a Mack, Clowney or Barr (I know some folks hate him but he's a possibility) you want a big fellow tying up blockers. You fool everybody and grab a nix..,well a might mite like Donald makes more sense as you're trying to create pressure next to that big NT

An odd thought crossed my mind of grabbing nix if healthy first round and double dipping if he's there in the second for Tuitt. If Tuitt not there grab Hageman

Good 5 techs are easier to find than good 3 techs.

the flaw of this thread is two fold. For one in no shape fashion has Nolan ever run strictly a 43 under. He incorporates elements for sure. But he's also loved the 34 and 5-2 in Miami, Denver and San Fran. Second his 3 techs, with exception of here where we had players he inherited were always of bigger, long armed and rugged sort. Read all his past players on DL in my thread.

He just seems to like longer players and stout NTs. Will he deviate and grab a Donald? Who knows.

Btw this is still a great thread I'm not FFs 1970. I find joy in great write ups regardless

That's what Goodman was for. DE on run downs and DT on passing downs.

Not saying he's better than Tuitt, but we have similar type players.

We have no good 3 techs signed right now.

We have one. Check his past rosters please. Miami had 4 5 tech body types and 2 NTs

The versatility of Tuitt is invaluable though.

Agree. To underrate his athletic ability and versatility is nuts. I'd be ok we "reached" fir him in first if he blew up combine and checked out medically

the flaw of this thread is two fold. For one in no shape fashion has Nolan ever run strictly a 43 under. He incorporates elements for sure. But he's also loved the 34 and 5-2 in Miami, Denver and San Fran. Second his 3 techs, with exception of here where we had players he inherited were always of bigger, long armed and rugged sort. Read all his past players on DL in my thread.

He just seems to like longer players and stout NTs. Will he deviate and grab a Donald? Who knows.

Btw this is still a great thread I'm not FFs 1970. I find joy in great write ups regardless

Lol trust me I know all about Nolan, what he likes and does. Followed him for a long time. Nolan runs all types of schemes. We are still a 4-3 base for the most part and need a 3 tech still.

Starks was a very underrated player who could play NT or UT.

That's what Goodman was for. DE on run downs and DT on passing downs.

Not saying he's better than Tuitt, but we have similar type players.

We have no good 3 techs signed right now.

Randy Starks 6’3” 312

Jared Odrick 6’5” 301

Paul Soliai 6’4” 344

Kendal Langford 6’5” 285

Tony McDaniel 6’7” 295

Miami roster

Agree. I'd go Tuitt simply because he's perfect for all downs and helps both our run defense and pass rush and adds size to am undersized DL. Guess it depends on first pick too. You get a Mack, Clowney or Barr (I know some folks hate him but he's a possibility) you want a big fellow tying up blockers. You fool everybody and grab a nix..,well a might mite like Donald makes more sense as you're trying to create pressure next to that big NT

An odd thought crossed my mind of grabbing nix if healthy first round and double dipping if he's there in the second for Tuitt. If Tuitt not there grab Hageman

I think what its going to boil down to is if we get that big NT in FA like joseph or starks which should give us a pretty good idea of what Nolan may be doing with personnel.

Lol trust me I know all about Nolan, what he likes and does. Followed him for a long time. Nolan runs all types of schemes. We are still a 4-3 base for the most part and need a 3 tech still.

Starks was a very underrated player who could play NT or UT.

Then you know the height weight and physical traits he prefers. None fit Donald whatsoever

I think what its going to boil down to is if we get that big NT in FA like joseph or starks which should give us a pretty good idea of what Nolan may be doing with personnel.

Can't argue this.

We have one. Check his past rosters please. Miami had 4 5 tech body types and 2 NTs

Miami for the most part was a 3-4 which requires to DEs and 1 NT. Those DEs are 5 techs. So 2 starters and they had backups.

Starks played DT and DE in that scheme.

Our base is not a 3-4.

I want us to sign a Joseph/Solali in FA and then draft Daquan Jones in the 3rd. If you want big bodies, go get big bodies

My dream off season.

Joseph or Randy Starks

Michael Johnson

Sims, Soliai or Cody

Draft:

Nix or Tuitt

D. jones

Josh Ellis or carrethers

Brent Urban

Miami for the most part was a 3-4 which requires to DEs and 1 NT. Those DEs are 5 techs. So 2 starters and they had backups.

Our base is not a 3-4.

Frisco:

Abrayo Franklin 6’1” 320

Ray McDonald 6’4” 276

Isaac Sapoaga 6’2” 321

Kentwan Balmer 6’5” 298

Justin Smith 6’4” 285

With all the expiring contracts what makes you so sure we aren't moving towards that? You think it's an accident that all 3 DTs from BVG time expired?

So two examples of the same type body and styles of play of players from our DC and you argue were sticking a base 43 with types of players we had under BVG? Don't please :)

My dream off season.

Joseph or Randy Starks

Michael Johnson

Sims, Soliai or Cody

Draft:

Nix or Tuitt

D. jones

Josh Ellis or carrethers

Brent Urban

I could live with this as well. Nix would be very interesting and he reminds me of vince wilfork!

Our base is not a 3-4.

Nolan at Denver

Denver Broncos (DC)

Ronald Fields 6’2” 310

Vonnie Holliday 6’5” 290

Darrell Reid 6’2” 288

Ryan McBean 6’5” 277

LeKevin Smith 6’1” 310

Marcus Thomas 6’3” 314

Reid is a LB and de btw and only listed at 270 in other sites

Frisco:

Abrayo Franklin 6’1” 320

Ray McDonald 6’4” 276

Isaac Sapoaga 6’2” 321

Kentwan Balmer 6’5” 298

Justin Smith 6’4” 285

With all the expiring contracts what makes you so sure we aren't moving towards that? You think it's an accident that all 3 DTs from BVG time expired?

So two examples of the same type body and styles of play of players from our DC and you argue were sticking a base 43 with types of players we had under BVG? Don't please :)

BVG was a Tampa 2 BBDB 4-3.

Nolan runs multiple formations. 3-4, 4-3 under, over, 5-2. Plus for the most part Nolan likes 4-2-5 D. Just depends on the opponent.

So unless we stay in a 3-4 100% which we won't, we still need a good DT who can add a pass rush and the other to occupy blocks.

Nolan runs multiple formations. 3-4, 4-3 under, over, 5-2. Plus for the most part Nolan likes 4-2-5 D. Just depends on the opponent.

So unless we stay in a 3-4 100% which we won't, we still need a good DT who can add a pass rush and the other to occupy blocks.

We need several and we have only 2 under contract. Repogle and robertson...I think it's safe to say well get a few. And I doubt they'll look anything or be like Babs, peters and Jerry ...look for overhaul

I'm quite familiar with BVG's scheme. Donald would have fit perfectly, as was Jerry supposed to

My dream off season.

Joseph or Randy Starks

Michael Johnson

Sims, Soliai or Cody

Draft:

Nix or Tuitt

D. jones

Josh Ellis or carrethers

Brent Urban

FA

One of these DE's: Michael Bennett, Lamarr Houston, Michael Johnson

One of these DT's: Linval Joseph, Paul Solali, Randy Starks

DE-DT Tyson Jackson

Draft

1 - Mack

2 - Tuitt/Hageman/Van Noy

3 - Jones/Van Noy/Joyner

In order of preference.

His past 3 teams the broncos, niners and dolphins were not primarily 43. They ran 43 looks , amoeba and a lot of 34 and 52 base. Most of his personnel were 5 tech types in size. I'm not reporting it. Read the sizes and look up skill sets. And a couple of true NTs

FA

One of these DE's: Michael Bennett, Lamarr Houston, Michael Johnson

One of these DT's: Linval Joseph, Paul Solali, Randy Starks

DE-DT Tyson Jackson

Draft

1 - Mack

2 - Tuitt/Hageman/Van Noy

3 - Jones/Van Noy/Joyner

In order of preference.

I'd be happy lol

We need several and we have only 2 under contract. Repogle and robertson...I think it's safe to say well get a few. And I doubt they'll look anything or be like Babs, peters and Jerry ...look for overhaul

I'm quite familiar with BVG's scheme. Donald would have fit perfectly, as was Jerry supposed to

Look at the Cards front 3 in a 3-4. I just went blank on his name, but he plays DE. He's more suited for DT in a 4-3.

Jay Ratliff played NT in Dallas for years well and is 305.

His past 3 teams the broncos, niners and dolphins were not primarily 43. They ran 43 looks , amoeba and a lot of 34 and 52 base. Most of his personnel were 5 tech types in size. I'm not reporting it. Read the sizes and look up skill sets. And a couple of true NTs

49ers, Phins and Broncos were 3-3 base with Nolan.

Phins though played a lot of Nickel 4-2-5.

49ers, Phins and Broncos were 3-3 base with Nolan.

Phins though played a lot of Nickel 4-2-5.

3 down linemen regardless. They plaued 5-2 as well..point is his personnel size and specialties differed greatly on those rosters than what we had. Read it, study it. Don't care. Fact is he likes length and size on DL. Will he change? Most don't. Expect size here next year