Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vel

4-3 Under, The Leo And The Falcons Multiple Defense

287 posts in this topic

Haven't read the whole thread but I heard that they are training Mass n Maponga to stand up.

Makes sense if they are. Btw on move towards more 34...the saints just did it quite well after years in 43

Regardless of the scheme, Tuitt is beginning to look like the smarter pick. The Combine will help confirm his health. If he checks out, I see us going Tuitt in the first.

I would hope for Tuitt in the 2nd. Grab our LEO in Mack in the 1st, Tuitt in the 2nd and our defense is starting to transform.

vel likes this

I would hope for Tuitt in the 2nd. Grab our LEO in Mack in the 1st, Tuitt in the 2nd and our defense is starting to transform.

My thoughts as well. Tuitt isn't good value in the first for us. But there is a possibility he's there in the 2nd.

I have it on good report that the Falcons can actually fix the lines on both sides and still get other things done as well...in this one off season if played right.

I think even TD knows that which is why he brought in Pioli. The man knows lines, RB's, and LB's. TD is more secondary, receivers, and such. Between the two we could literally fix everything this off season.

Very possible. That's what I'm thinking. We don't have a skill player need on offense truly and don't have much of a skill player need on defense. I'd say TE and FS are the only possible ones. Neither worth spending on in FA. We have enough to add a RG, DTs and a 5T.

We could lay a strong foundation this season and attack next offseason with a pretty complete roster. We didn't have many holes until injuries hit. In those places, we had talent develop.

falconidae and Knight of God like this

I have it on good report that the Falcons can actually fix the lines on both sides and still get other things done as well...in this one off season if played right.

I think even TD knows that which is why he brought in Pioli. The man knows lines, RB's, and LB's. TD is more secondary, receivers, and such. Between the two we could literally fix everything this off season.

Hey I told you this as well.

Knight of God likes this

Good post. What about Robertson?

Robertson played the 0/1T late in the year. I think that's his spot or the 5T. Nothing else. He's gotta get better at anchoring.

Good post. So losing Kroy had to be bigger than we thought. I could see Mack or Barr being the pick at no 6 if Nolan wants to get himself a more talented LEO.

We can easily fix this defense with the draft and a few select FA signings. Here is what I'd do.

In free agency:

Do whatever it takes to acquire DE Michael Bennett. We already know what he can do in the defense we would be running, not to mention he's a perfect fit.

Bring in a fat hog @ DT. Joseph, Solali, ect. We have a few options. I'd prefer Joseph just because of age, but Solali has played under Nolan before.

Possibly address the FS situation if there is enough cap space.

We head into the draft with two new starters on the DL. It's time to fill out this defense.

Round 1 - OLB Khalil Mack. Nolan has his new LEO. Another perfect fit.

Round 2 - DE-DT Stephon Tuitt. Massive, scheme diverse, basically the Lamarr Houston of the draft.

Round 3 - DT Daquan Jones. If we bring in one NT, we have to bring in two. No point in integrating a big NT into the scheme if all it would take is one injury to throw everything out the window. We'll have two massive hogs for goal line and obvious running situations as well.

These 5 moves alone completely transforms this defense

DE - Bennett

DT - Joseph/Jones

DT - Tuitt

LEO - Mack

Tuitt could also move outside and allow Mack to line up as a traditional LB as well. He would give us the versatility to move Mack and a few others all over the field.

OLB - Spoon

MLB - Worrilow

OLB - ??? (This position could possibly be addressed in FA as well. I would really like Wesley Woodyard here. Could also be a draft pick. Bartu is another possibility.) <-------Now that I think about it, Kroy will probably man this spot. It would allow Nolan to create a lot of confusion as to who is actually the 'LEO' and who will drop into coverage.)

FS - Decoud (ugh, maybe?)

SS - Moore

CB - Tru

CB - Alford

This defense would make me pretty excited.

Many have mistaken this as a 3-4. Also in Miami and SAn Fran when in many formations it was just this way.

The thing I don't like about this formation is our play down the seam against receiving TE's.

For some reason our SAM doesn't want to redirect or engage the TE in 3rd and long or passing situations.

Bartu lets these guys run free instead of jamming the guy at the LOS instead disrupting the timing of the route and more times than not its a catch and throw hate watching it if I'm honest.

Knight of God likes this

The thing I don't like about this formation is our play down the seam against receiving TE's.

For some reason our SAM doesn't want to redirect or engage the TE in 3rd and long or passing situations.

Bartu lets these guys run free instead of jamming the guy at the LOS instead disrupting the timing of the route and more times than not its a catch and throw hate watching it if I'm honest.

I agree but it's not the formation. That's on the LB coaching teaching them to get physical at the line. I think Bartu was a little too light in the pants though. Kroy did it. Bartu was barely 230 lbs.

Robertson played the 0/1T late in the year. I think that's his spot or the 5T. Nothing else. He's gotta get better at anchoring.

Yeah when we first brought him in I thought he was a 5 tech, but he's added weight. Just depth I think.

Yeah when we first brought him in I thought he was a 5 tech, but he's added weight. Just depth I think.

I like him but nothing more than depth.

8dY1YZZ.png

4-3_Under.png

Both of these look like a basic 4-3 to me. The 4-3 under usually doesn't have four down linemen as shown here. The LEO is usually in a two point stance like the OPs quoted Google article states. Jelly aint even in a 5T here. He is in a 4T.

Many have mistaken this as a 3-4. Also in Miami and SAn Fran when in many formations it was just this way.

Many clueless mofos. A 3-4 features four LBs. There are only three in those pics.

Both of these look like a basic 4-3 to me. The 4-3 under usually doesn't have four down linemen as shown here. The 5 tech DE is usually in a two point stance like the OPs quoted Google article states.

They aren't.

vel likes this

Both of these look like a basic 4-3 to me. The 4-3 under usually doesn't have four down linemen as shown here. The 5 tech DE is usually in a two point stance like the OPs quoted Google article states.

Well therein lies the problem.

Definition of Techniques

"0" Tech - Instructs defender to align "head up" on the center.

"1" Tech - Instructs defender to align his outside shoulder with the inside shoulder of the guard.

"2" Tech - Instructs defender to align "head up" on the guard.

"3" Tech - Instructs defender to align his inside shoulder with the outside shoulder of the guard.

"4" Tech - Instructs defender to align outside shoulder with the inside shoulder of the tackle.

"5" Tech - Instructs defender to align inside shoulder with the outside shoulder of the tackle.

"7" Tech - Instructs defender to align outside shoulder with the inside shoulder of the tight end. If no tight end, defender aligns on the imaginary tight end.

"6" Tech - Instructs defender to align "head up" on tight end.

"9" Tech - Instructs defender to align inside shoulder on the outside shoulder of the tight end.

blkbigdog35 likes this