Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vel

4-3 Under, The Leo And The Falcons Multiple Defense

287 posts in this topic

As I mentioned earlier, I watched half the games in person, all of the games at least twice on DVR and all of the games in coach's mode. I can 100% without a doubt say that we rarely run a 4-3 under. We primarily run a 4-3 cover 2 and 4-2 nickel. I still don't know where this notion that we are moving to a 4-3 under base and will be drafting to prepare for it is coming from. Maybe I missed the announcement but we are moving to a 4-3 under about as much as we are moving to a 3-4, which I prefer anyway.

Did you ever get answer on 43 under? Who said (link ) we started it?

I prefer the 34 as well. I love the frisco defense and those great steeler and patriot defenses

Well said. He seems to stock different player sizes amd skill sets from both 34 and 43 and adjusts on fly. I like that btw ...that said all the BVG Tampa 2 guys were prohibiting a lot of creativity. My favorite Nolan defense is the one he built at frisco. W/o a doubt a fantastic collection of players

But it took him a good 5 years to build that defense I don't no if alot of our fans could bear that lol..

It seems to be the 5 minute rule round here as you can see for the putrid hate of Konz Reynolds Holmes & alike.

What is not taken into account is guys development rates hence why i hate all that cross training BS in most cases guys are going to struggle with the speed at the next level let alone the information overload.For me with all rookies it should be kept very simple this should speed up the development rate.

vel likes this

I can agree with that. But I also believe great players can succeed in any schemes

I don't simply because you can't say Donald is a great player in any scheme. He's only,per his words, played in a 43. That's it. Geno also played in 43 at college and in one as bengals.

Nice thing for geno is bengals drafted him and used him like he was used in college and he only got better. IMO the best place for Donald would be to get similar fate. Get drafted by a team like Dallas, Tampa or Chicago which will be like his college scheme and let him flourish.

I just can't see Nolan after 2 year extension being satisfied running a cover 2 43 which has never been his trademark. Ever. Even his 43 teams in past weren't like our scheme and players he inherited

But it took him a good 5 years to build that defense I don't no if alot of our fans could bear that lol..

It seems to be the 5 minute rule round here as you can see for the putrid hate of Konz Reynolds Holmes & alike.

What is not taken into account is guys development rates hence why i hate all that cross training BS in most cases guys are going to struggle with the speed at the next level let alone the information overload.For me with all rookies it should be kept very simple this should speed up the development rate.

True. But one thing about expiring contracts.mis you gotta sign sign someone right? Imagine a randy Starks or Soliai guys from his type system coming here? Learning curve is minimal then. Even Raji and Cody are players used to what Nolan uses.

Did you ever get answer on 43 under? Who said (link ) we started it?

I prefer the 34 as well. I love the frisco defense and those great steeler and patriot defenses

I've given up on being reasonable with him. It's unfortunate but he's probably gone senile because of this last season.

I don't simply because you can't say Donald is a great player in any scheme. He's only,per his words, played in a 43. That's it. Geno also played in 43 at college and in one as bengals.

Nice thing for geno is bengals drafted him and used him like he was used in college and he only got better. IMO the best place for Donald would be to get similar fate. Get drafted by a team like Dallas, Tampa or Chicago which will be like his college scheme and let him flourish.

I just can't see Nolan after 2 year extension being satisfied running a cover 2 43 which has never been his trademark. Ever. Even his 43 teams in past weren't like our scheme and players he inherited

I never said Donald was a great player in the NFL. I said Geno Atkins is a great player. Certain players can only thrive in one system. They are very good but not great to me. JJ Watt would be a beast in a 4-3 or 3-4. Roddy White beasts as a flanker slot receiver and spilt end. Those are two great players to me. Just two examples.

I never said Donald was a great player in the NFL. I said Geno Atkins is a great player. Certain players can only thrive in one system. They are very good but not great to me. JJ Watt would be a beast in a 4-3 or 3-4. Roddy White beasts as a flanker slot receiver and spilt end. Those are two great players to me. Just two examples.

You misinterpreted me. The paradigm for geno and Donald have similarities. You can't say geno is a great player outside a system not similar to the bengals that suits him to a tee. He might suck in a traditional 34. You just don't know until he tries it. Many a "great" player left a system, signed into a new one and faded into obscurity.

You misinterpreted me. The paradigm for geno and Donald have similarities. You can't say geno is a great player outside a system not similar to the bengals that suits him to a tee. He might suck in a traditional 34. You just don't know until he tries it. Many a "great" player left a system, signed into a new one and faded into obscurity.

and to me they weren't great. Just very good. Geno could suck. You cant say he would suck either. Atlanta doesn't run a true 3-4 anyway. Geno and Donald compare greatly. Aaron Donald is a more accomplished college player than Geno was. He might fail. He might be great. Nobody truly knows

youngbloodz isn't saying that players can make it in any scheme. He is saying that any player can make it, based on the scheme. Its hard to explain in some ways, but very true. :)

Source: I use schemes that make ballers out of bench boys.

vel likes this

youngbloodz isn't saying that players can make it in any scheme. He is saying that any player can make it, based on the scheme. Its hard to explain in some ways, but very true. :)

Source: I use schemes that make ballers out of bench boys.

Yeah but youngbloodz is ignoring fact, Nolan. Our DC. Has never built his team around players like Geno or Donald, could he? Sure.

I like your idea of schemes. Make it where a 5th rounder is a rock star lol

and to me they weren't great. Just very good. Geno could suck. You cant say he would suck either. Atlanta doesn't run a true 3-4 anyway. Geno and Donald compare greatly. Aaron Donald is a more accomplished college player than Geno was. He might fail. He might be great. Nobody truly knows

I agree on that. I'll say this. I like Donald. Don't think he's our target--my opinion only. But I think if the kid goes to kiffen in Dallas or lovie in Tampa he'll be pro bowl year one

Yeah but youngbloodz is ignoring fact, Nolan. Our DC. Has never built his team around players like Geno or Donald, could he? Sure.

But that's not to say he can't or won't. Cox and Donald bonded at the Senior Bowl. It wouldn't be crazy to keep that pair together. Nolan is capable of making it work. You always need a 3T. I don't think he's far from what Babs is.
MSalmon likes this

He actually tries to build around a MLB to be very honest.

I get what you are saying. I just think if Nolan had the opportunity to get an All Pro DT like Atkins he would. Put him next to a 345lb NT he would be a beast
MSalmon likes this

But that's not to say he can't or won't. Cox and Donald bonded at the Senior Bowl. It wouldn't be crazy to keep that pair together. Nolan is capable of making it work. You always need a 3T. I don't think he's far from what Babs is.

It's possible. Hey I like Donald lol

I get what you are saying. I just think if Nolan had the opportunity to get an All Pro DT like Atkins he would. Put him next to a 345lb NT he would be a beast

Tough to say bro. I guess it depends on FA too. I mean we end up with Starks or Joseph and say a Tyson Jackson that'sd give us 3 5 techs. Add a NT either in FA like Raji or Cody and draft one it's conceivable that we draft Donald to add a wrinkle and pass rush.

I will say he may fall in luxury category when looking at our inevitable rebuild of DL.

He actually tries to build around a MLB to be very honest.

He did in frisco and in baltimore. Should we start discussing CJ Moseley as target?

He did in frisco and in baltimore. Should we start discussing CJ Moseley as target?

No. Worrilow will do. He has had some nasty MLB's that he has surrounded with talent over the years, playing to their strengths and using these other players to mask the weakness of the MLB.

No. Worrilow will do. He has had some nasty MLB's that he has surrounded with talent over the years, playing to their strengths and using these other players to mask the weakness of the MLB.

Lol figured you'd say that. Mosley isn't ray Lewis or Willis fir sure.

One dark horse in draft could be Nix. I could see a healthy nix or Tuitt being that centerpiece. Nix if cleared medically is a big daddy Wilkerson type player

Lol figured you'd say that. Mosley isn't ray Lewis or Willis fir sure.

One dark horse in draft could be Nix. I could see a healthy nix or Tuitt being that centerpiece. Nix if cleared medically is a big daddy Wilkerson type player

I have it on good report that the Falcons can actually fix the lines on both sides and still get other things done as well...in this one off season if played right.

I think even TD knows that which is why he brought in Pioli. The man knows lines, RB's, and LB's. TD is more secondary, receivers, and such. Between the two we could literally fix everything this off season.

falconidae and vel like this

I have it on good report that the Falcons can actually fix the lines on both sides and still get other things done as well...in this one off season if played right.

I think even TD knows that which is why he brought in Pioli. The man knows lines, RB's, and LB's. TD is more secondary, receivers, and such. Between the two we could literally fix everything this off season.

Agree 100% I'm enjoying this good football banter instead of usual bickering and negativity lol

blkbigdog35, vel, kiwifalcon and 1 other like this

Agree 100% I'm enjoying this good football banter instead of usual bickering and negativity lol

absolutely! SOme of the guys and myself talked about trying to get the boards more calm. No need for 98% of the arguments here. like recently I explained my thoughts on Ryan rather than to just say, he's not my QB. It made all the difference. I think we should all get our attitudes in tact in come together.

Tuggle'2 and MSalmon like this

As I mentioned earlier, I watched half the games in person, all of the games at least twice on DVR and all of the games in coach's mode. I can 100% without a doubt say that we rarely run a 4-3 under. We primarily run a 4-3 cover 2 and 4-2 nickel. I still don't know where this notion that we are moving to a 4-3 under base and will be drafting to prepare for it is coming from. Maybe I missed the announcement but we are moving to a 4-3 under about as much as we are moving to a 3-4, which I prefer anyway.

8dY1YZZ.png

4-3_Under.png

MSalmon, Knight of God and vel like this