Need To Add Kr/pr And Wr Depth

xSICKxWITHxITx

This guy if he's decent price would be a nice 3 or 4. Plus adds a lot to the return game.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Live Monday that free agent Golden Tate is "probably gonna be expendable" for the Seahawks.

Tate didn't quite make the leap the Seahawks anticipated in 2013, finishing with a 64-898-5 stat line while generally looking stretched as a No. 1 receiver. He'd be much better suited in a playmaking No. 2 role, ideally on a more wideout-friendly team with more passing volume. Tate is only 25 years old. His fantasy stock would rise in a location like Detroit, which needs a No. 2 wide receiver.

Free agent Golden Tate told Sports Radio 950 KJR in Seattle that he's "very willing" to take a hometown discount with the Seahawks.

"I probably shouldn’t even say this right now but I’m going to say it anyway just because I love Seattle, honestly," said Tate. "I would rather take a little less to be happy and win ballgames than to take way more and go to a crappy city where the fans don’t give a crap about the team." Tate would need to take a hometown discount for the Seahawks to afford him. Just how much of a discount he's willing to take will determine whether he stays put.

Source: Sports Radio 950 KJR Feb 4 - 11:42 PM

Guest King Jigsaw

Whenever I see a thread title like this I'm always quick to judge it like "No sh*t, that's been discussed as a minor need over the last two months in the Draft & Free Agency Forum."

I try not to come to TATF much anymore, it's nothing but trolls and bickering, who can make the next 20 page post without ever proving a point.

In the vein of the topic, though, I'll direct you to another recent Super Bowl winner: Jacoby Jones. He'll probably come cheaper, makes for a better 3/4, and is a better returner. He has experience as a number 2 so even if Roddy/Julio/HD go down, he can fill in any spot while still being our full time returner. It also means we won't have to rely on putting Alford back there and risk getting our number two corner hurt.

Edited by King Jigsaw

Whenever I see a thread title like this I'm always quick to judge it like "No sh*t, that's been discussed as a minor need over the last two months in the Draft & Free Agency Forum."

I try not to come to TATF much anymore, it's nothing but trolls and bickering, who can make the next 20 page post without ever proving a point.

Speaking of bickering!

Guest King Jigsaw

Speaking of bickering!

Not downing your post man. That's what I was saying, actually, was that I was quick to judge because of the thread title. It seemed like a generalized statement rather than a proposal as to who could fill the hole. I've just been trying to steer clear of this forum because the quality of TATF has seriously gone down hill so I'm rarely viewing topics here in a positive light.

Check my edited response though for my actual reply to this thread.

In the vein of the topic, though, I'll direct you to another recent Super Bowl winner: Jacoby Jones. He'll probably come cheaper, makes for a better 3/4, and is a better returner. He has experience as a number 2 so even if Roddy/Julio/HD go down, he can fill in any spot while still being our full time returner. It also means we won't have to rely on putting Alford back there and risk getting our number two corner hurt.

I'd be down for Jacoby Jones, but I bet he gets resigned by the Ravens. I think Tate would be solid, just don't want to spend to much for him. I'd take D Hester or anyone like him if available.

He claims he will 'take a little less money'....you guys want to know why? No state income tax in Washington. Very few, if any, NFL players would pass up significantly more lucrative contracts elsewhere to 'win games'.

Im not saying he wouldnt take 10% less, but surely if someone ponies up 50% more money he would bail.

Too expensive for a 3 or 4

We have plenty of receivers, but no time for Ryan to throw to them

Everybody hates HD, and everybody else are undrafted free agents that couldn't beat a consistent press all year...our receiver depth is terrible, and we lost another receiver in Gonzo.