Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC Falcon

Should Wilson Holdout Next Year?

49 posts in this topic

but you are the 3rd rival to bring up ryan when im addressing wilsons game manager status

It seemed to me that your jabs at Wilson were veiled attempts to put off any comparisons between the two, so I put it out there. Personally, I don't really think the two are comparable in their skill sets but you know how some (maybe you're not included) need affirmation of Matthew's ability...and usually that's done by knocking other QBs.

Plus, I don't see anything wrong with being a game manager, as long as you're good at it.

NYG4 likes this

It seemed to me that your jabs at Wilson were veiled attempts to put off any comparisons between the two, so I put it out there. Personally, I don't really think the two are comparable in their skill sets but you know how some (maybe you're not included) need affirmation of Matthew's ability...and usually that's done by knocking other QBs.

Plus, I don't see anything wrong with being a game manager, as long as you're good at it.

i can see where it would come off that way ....i do love my qb....however threads askin if he should get a contract extension after 2 years because his team won the sb is just the tip of the ice burg.......i admitt ive probably been reading too many troll threads in tatf this week

This is not a knock on Wilson but it is quite different having to perform when your team is down 3 scores

Kind of like the way he brought the Seahawks back from way behind last year against the Falcons?

Kind of like the way he brought the Seahawks back from way behind last year against the Falcons?

I'm not taking anything away from what Wilson did; recovering from a 20 point deficit in the fourth quarter (in the postseason nonetheless) is a heck of a feat. But it does seem much less impressive in retrospect when you consider that just about every QB has done that to the Falcons since then, including Kapernick the week following Wilson's almost-comeback.

I'm not taking anything away from what Wilson did; recovering from a 20 point deficit in the fourth quarter (in the postseason nonetheless) is a heck of a feat. But it does seem much less impressive in retrospect when you consider that just about every QB has done that to the Falcons at this point, including Kapernick the week following Wilson's almost-comeback.

And pretty much every backup qb we've played

I'm not taking anything away from what Wilson did; recovering from a 20 point deficit in the fourth quarter (in the postseason nonetheless) is a heck of a feat. But it does seem much less impressive in retrospect when you consider that just about every QB has done that to the Falcons since then, including Kapernick the week following Wilson's almost-comeback.

Maybe he exposed a weakness previously unseen?

Maybe he exposed a weakness previously unseen?

Lol we let soooo many teams back into games. I highly doubt it was a weakness previously unseen. Smfh

Lol we let soooo many teams back into games. I highly doubt it was a weakness previously unseen. Smfh

The falcons didn't let many back into the game that season.

great game.remember when sherman talked all that **** then got owned?

c9riU.gif

The falcons didn't let many back into the game that season.

Can't remember but I recall most of our games being decided by 6 or less

great game.remember when sherman talked all that **** then got owned?

c9riU.gif

I'm not sure what "owned" means but I found a video of more than one play. Sherman seemed to hold his own against Roddy and JJ. He did get beat on that one play which, personally, seemed more like Chancellor's fault (although Sherman appeared to fall down/bail out to save face).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VcLVsxriUM

Can't remember but I recall most of our games being decided by 6 or less

I think you are incorrect. Some games were close and others were not. The Falcons won several by 10 or more.

I'm not sure what "owned" means but I found a video of more than one play. Sherman seemed to hold his own against Roddy and JJ. He did get beat on that one play which, personally, seemed more like Chancellor's fault (although Sherman appeared to fall down/bail out to save face).

Good video, I would agree but some of those were bad throws by Ryan.

this goes deeper then falcons/seahawks.

i'm

Fishing_1.jpg

If you think about it JJ should hold out.

Look what this team was without him

And if you extrapolate his numbers out to 16 games the dude would be league the world in everything.

Homeboy needs to be paid for what he can do if he stays out there for the whole season.

Stfu

So someone with more CBA knowledge or google skills than me explain why this couldn't happen.

According to the current CBA, Seattle can't do anything with him until the end of next season.

Hawks Brass would be smart to offer him a decent deal now,

By rule, they can't. And without him, they would have never made it to the Super Bowl to begin with.

Ugh, I hope he doesn't. Agents are among the people the game would be better without, as well as big contracts. It's ridiculous how much some of these guys make while still complaining. It's even worse how so many fans side with the players, talking about how they 'shouldn't risk injury for "only" 500,000 a year'...what a ******* joke. If you don't want to take the risk don't play the game. Players seldom even have career ending injuries anyway, they come back and play in a few weeks or the next year.

Big contracts are bad for teams anyway, they so often bite teams in the ***. JeMarcus Russell got paid big by Oakland before playing a down, he was out of the league in 3 years and was just as bad as any QB they'd had since Gannon retired. Chris Johnson held out to be paid by the Titans, and he hasn't played well since he got paid. Revis asked for a new contract every year, only for the Jets to find out their pass defense didn't suffer without him. The Ravens had to cut so many players just to pay Flacco better than any QB in history, and missed the playoffs.

If Seattle has to cut alot of key defensive players to pay Wilson big they will fall off the map. Wilson is a very good QB, but there's no need to break biggest contract ever records every year like teams do nowadays.

Ugh, I hope he doesn't. Agents are among the people the game would be better without, as well as big contracts. It's ridiculous how much some of these guys make while still complaining. It's even worse how so many fans side with the players, talking about how they 'shouldn't risk injury for "only" 500,000 a year'...what a ******* joke. If you don't want to take the risk don't play the game. Players seldom even have career ending injuries anyway, they come back and play in a few weeks or the next year.

Big contracts are bad for teams anyway, they so often bite teams in the ***. JeMarcus Russell got paid big by Oakland before playing a down, he was out of the league in 3 years and was just as bad as any QB they'd had since Gannon retired. Chris Johnson held out to be paid by the Titans, and he hasn't played well since he got paid. Revis asked for a new contract every year, only for the Jets to find out their pass defense didn't suffer without him. The Ravens had to cut so many players just to pay Flacco better than any QB in history, and missed the playoffs.

If Seattle has to cut alot of key defensive players to pay Wilson big they will fall off the map. Wilson is a very good QB, but there's no need to break biggest contract ever records every year like teams do nowadays.

Players demand so much cause they are the ones that put the fans in the stands.

I agree that they make way too much but I also believe ticket prices are WAY too high

Players demand so much cause they are the ones that put the fans in the stands.

I agree that they make way too much but I also believe ticket prices are WAY too high

I agree that they put the fans in the stands, and their greed doesn't even rival the owners. Tickets should also be priced lower, I agree. It's not so much that I think they make too much, more so that I wish they would put the game above money. Maybe some of them deserve a bigger share of the profit, but holding out over it seems a bit much if you still make very good money.......I play semi pro ball, along with several other guys across the country. We all get no money, and no medical coverage for injuries suffered and still play. It makes it a bit hard to sympathize with someone complaining over 'only' getting half a million a year and coverage for the best medical care one could ask for.