Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC Falcon

Should Wilson Holdout Next Year?

49 posts in this topic

So someone with more CBA knowledge or google skills than me explain why this couldn't happen.

Wilson is making peanuts next 2 years. If he blows up a knee or shoulder or something he never makes it to his huge post-rookie contract. So why doesn't his agent recommend he holdout? Rookie deals can be renegotiated after 3 years.

He's now won 1 Super Bowl, and he'll have plenty more chances in the years ahead. He sits out the next year to get out from under his unfair rookie deal and then returns to get his deserved payday.

I'm not suggesting Wilson is greedy or would not play just for love of the game, I'm just asking why this couldn't happen.

But if I'm his agent, am I not doing my job if I don't suggest this, or suggest he get an IR hangnail injury in training camp for the next year?

Hawks Brass would be smart to offer him a decent deal now,

in all likelihood he would accept Cutler Type Money just to avoid looking like a selfish guy holding out with a nice contract on the table.....

Everyone Including Wilson Knows that D is the Reason for their Ring......

So why doesn't his agent recommend he holdout?

Some players actually still do have a bit of character. Wilson strikes me as one of those guys.

Some players actually still do have a bit of character. Wilson strikes me as one of those guys.

**** character when you **** well know the TEAM will eventually screw you.

Nope.

Whenever he becomes avg or whatever, the team will cut his ***.

Who? Wilson? C'mon. I'm not on the "Wilson is l33t!!sooperbowl!!!" bandwagon but regardless, I think his job is pretty secure.

Now San Fran cutting Kapernick is conceivable... but something tells me they'll resign him too.

Wilson deserves a new contract. He smoked a very good Bronco defense in the SB. He hasn't been on a stage he doesn't perform on. Can you say the same about the lock Hall of Famer Peyton Manning? I know some of you continue to say differently, but the NFL players and GM's know better.

so he's endanger of being cut this year?

What's your problem with Wilson? You be in every Seattle thread making snarky comments towards him. laugh.png

What's your problem with Wilson? You be in every Seattle thread making snarky comments towards him. laugh.png

i have no problem with the man on a personal level.....just as a qb i think he has had a silver spoon in his mouth since his career began......he is already a top 5 qb in alot of ppls minds and his abilities dont match up well with the legacy.....there are better qb's that would kill for his situatio....who had to earn every accolade they recieved......i can think of 3 of them in the south alone. who have faced more adversity and is more battle tested yet sadly may not ever rank ahead of wilson because of the teams they play for.

i have no problem with the man on a personal level.....just as a qb i think he has had a silver spoon in his mouth since his career began......he is already a top 5 qb in alot of ppls minds and his abilities dont match up well with the legacy.....there are better qb's that would kill for his situatio....who had to earn every accolade they recieved......i can think of 3 of them in the south alone. who have faced more adversity and is more battle tested yet sadly may not ever rank ahead of wilson because of the teams they play for.

I know you don't like him as much as I do, but consider this:

He has only throw 19 picks since throwing his first NFL pass, but has 52 TD's. His completion rate is respectable at nearly 64%. It's not like he hasn't been sacked either, suffering 77 sacks in just 32 games. In regular season games, his QB Rating is just over 100%.

He's played well individually in the playoffs, actually upping his game. In those 6 games, he's increased his QB rating, yards per pass and has thrown for 6 TD's and only 1 pick. In playoff games, his QB Rating is 102%.

He's added nearly another 1,200 yards of rushing yards, plus 6 more TD's himself.

No matter how good the team is, and it's a great defensive team, Wilson has performed extremely well on the offensive side of the ball. His ability to convert consistantly on 3rd downs is on him and his ability to read defenses, then make the right decisions is on him. The Seahawk defense has nothing to do with that ability.

Wilson may fall apart next year, but there's no reason to minimize his individual or team accomplishments at this point in his career. His resume is that of excellence. Many other great QB's have played on great teams and performed less admirably.

Translation - "I don't want people thinking he's better than Matthew"

This is not a knock on Wilson but it is quite different having to perform when your team is down 3 scores as opposed to performing when you're defense is pitching a shut-out.

That defense, aided by the refs allowing the secondary to consistently maul receivers was BEASTLY all season long. It allowed Wilson to play safe and patient ball until the opposing defense made a mistake or two, then things blew up.

It sorta reminded me of the Ravens' D when they won their first Super Bowl, just stifling. And their offense wasn't nearly as exciting but the D did enough and just out-waited you until you made a mistake.

The Seahawks have a slightly better or slightly more exciting O than that Ravens team but not by much. Jamal Lewis for the Ravens, Marshawn Lynch for the Seahawks. Wilson is clearly more exciting than Dilfer was and he makes clutch 3rd down conversions but again, his D backing him had helped tremendously.

not that at all....just dont understand why ppl are putting the great qb label on him when really he isnt there yet

This is not a knock on Wilson but it is quite different having to perform when your team is down 3 scores as opposed to performing when you're defense is pitching a shut-out.

That defense, aided by the refs allowing the secondary to consistently maul receivers was BEASTLY all season long. It allowed Wilson to play safe and patient ball until the opposing defense made a mistake or two, then things blew up.

It sorta reminded me of the Ravens' D when they won their first Super Bowl, just stifling. And their offense wasn't nearly as exciting but the D did enough and just out-waited you until you made a mistake.

The Seahawks have a slightly better or slightly more exciting O than that Ravens team but not by much. Jamal Lewis for the Ravens, Marshawn Lynch for the Seahawks. Wilson is clearly more exciting than Dilfer was and he makes clutch 3rd down conversions but again, his D backing him had helped tremendously.

exactly....i dont hate the man ....he just isnt great yet

**** character when you **** well know the TEAM will eventually screw you.

Obviously you don't possess any yourself.

but you are the 3rd rival to bring up ryan when im addressing wilsons game manager status