Ryan Can Be Our Russell Wilson We Just Need An Elite D

IDK....it's close. Clearly, they're two different types of guys. But Wilson is very very good. He's got a good arm, he's accurate, has really great touch and scrambles in an efficient way. I really think he looks like a young Steve Young.

I think Ryan is a bit better with diagnosis, before the snap and after the snap. And I think he's probably more refined in terms of manipulating defenses with his eyes and the higher functioning QB skills. But what Wilson "lacks" in that regard, he makes up for in his ability to keep plays alive. If he hadn't had such a rough streak for the last month, I'd strongly consider putting him above Ryan. But he really played pretty poorly for most of December and January.

Russell is clearly the superior playoff qb. Ryan has disappeared in the second half of every playoff game he's played. Every single one. That's disturbing. Matty "ice" is anything but ice in the biggest games of his career. You can blame the line the defense the run game whoever you want but that's a fact.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, a pure wimp is someone who gets banned repeatedly on a messageboard for spamming the board with diatribes against a particular player. A pure wimp is someone who uses the anonymity of the internet to say things about a player he would never say to his face.

Ryan, on the other, took as many hits as anybody last year and played the entire season. He also played the last 5 minutes of his last playoff game with a severely sprained shoulder. Wimps can't do those things.

HE still is a pure WIMP!!! rolleyes.gif

Is your keyboard broken?

Here, I found some replacement options so you don't have to look far: http://www.amazon.co...rnid=2941120011

Dang I am glad I got my keyboard at Wal Mart. I saved 20 bones by purchasing it there and saved time rather than buying through Amazon. That is a shocker though considering Amazon usually has good deals. Oh well.

Russell is clearly the superior playoff qb. Ryan has disappeared in the second half of every playoff game he's played. Every single one. That's disturbing. Matty "ice" is anything but ice in the biggest games of his career. You can blame the line the defense the run game whoever you want but that's a fact.

Wilson didn't do **** in the playoff except turn the ball over against both the Aints & the 9ers. Luckily his defense & Beast Mode bailed him out as usual

Wilson = Dilfer= Brad Johnson

Matt Ryan had more tackles than Abe did in that game. Let that soak in. Ryan had more tackles.

Why? There's no statistical evidence that Abe played in either playoff game that year. No tackles, no sacks, no assists, no TFL, nothing.

Better question- why do you act as if Abe playing those games meant anything? He had a high ankle sprain from the last regular season game, he was worthless- not his fault- worst decision Smith has made- but when you're the top pass rusher for your team and your stat lines for both playoff games are blank-real good argument to be made that his presence in the game didn't matter.

Healthy Falcons team still gives them a run for their money this year.

We can thank Smittiot for Abe's lack of any kind of stats. Smittiot might as well personally injured Abe himself. Good ol Smittiot!

He is a heck of a lot better in accuracy an in clutch situations than Wilson an has a better pocket presence too!AN yet again Matt Ryan is 1-0 on WIlson in the playoffs

I will give your first point, but Ryan doesn't have a better pocket presence. In head to head matchups they are tied. If you want to go playoffs then i will take Wilsons 4-1 record, superbowl ring and 101. average QB rating over matt ryans 1-5, ringless and 80 QB rating any day of the week. I know we are supposed to be homers, but i dont think anyone outside of Falcons fans would want Ryan over Wilson

I will give your first point, but Ryan doesn't have a better pocket presence. In head to head matchups they are tied. If you want to go playoffs then i will take Wilsons 4-1 record, superbowl ring and 101. average QB rating over matt ryans 1-5, ringless and 80 QB rating any day of the week. I know we are supposed to be homers, but i dont think anyone outside of Falcons fans would want Ryan over Wilson

Could you imagine how bad Peyton Manning would have played behind our O-Line? Matty played admirably behind that garbage.

You seem to think you're not on a falcons messageboard. And there's more people out there who understand that Wilson's team was much better this year than you seem to think. When your D allows 8 points and scores 9, you aren't getting a whole lot of pressure to win games.

There's a reason why power rankings and preseason super bowl odds have the Falcon as the 6-7 th team- Ryan.

You are not right - in my opinion. Yours, yes. So be it!!!

You hardly qualify as an objective opinion about Ryan. Here's a small sample of your posts on Ryan, plenty more where these came from:

"WOW!!! Which one of these chumps are actually carrying Matty Lice's Jock strap around their neck as necklace?

Such HOMERS!!! TOO MUCH MAN LOVE!!! FOR A BACK UP QB! AT BEST!!!

Ryan in sentence with the words "built for a post season run." Got more jokes about Matty Lice: Mr. Noodle Arm. AKA, voted by the "players as not in the top 100 players." I was not surprised.

Still renewed my tickets, with that CRAP at QB!!!

Matty Lice is a piece of CRAP QB! I still renewed my season tickets. Section 123! GO FALCONS!!!!

Hello all, Matty Lice is a piece of CRAP for an NFL QB! Weak arm chump!

Next topic?

Yeah, IN Matty Lice's WEAK (ARM) CAREER!

CUT matty lice!!! yep, MY CALL. NOT YOURS. MY Opinion. NOT YOURS. I already (paid for) my two season tickets. As in many consecutive previous years. I am a DIE HARD FALCONS FAN - to the END!!! Don't have to like the WEAK ARM CHUMP! Weak arm Chump!!!! = Matty Lice!!!

I read this article & almost threw up! Gagging now! Why? Cause Matty Lice is still MY FALCONS QB. YUCK....

Weak arm, scared boy...

Matty Lice is piece of CRAP QB.

Better O-line my axx! Better QB with an arm and a heart!

Heck NO! Ryan is a weak arm, scared, timid 2nd string QB.

But piece of CRAP Ryan is a piece is just that,a piece of CRAP! Weak arm chump/scared QB!!!

I will never be a Matty Lice Fan

Matty Lice is a "gutless big game WIMP." Troll I am NOT. I am just not a WIMPY arm QB fan.

Matty Lice is better...

I totally agree. I and many like me have been discussing the "weakness" of Matty Lice's NOODLE arm for many years. The boy is just average.

Matty Lice sucks as a deep arm threat - that's why teams stack the line and dare us to throw deep. Meaning NO running game.

He is a good 2nd string QB (I guess).

WIMPY arm Matty Lice! I 111% have been saying the same and totally agree with Roddy and MANY MANY others that feel the same about our wimp arm QB (if you can call him that).

Noodle arm....

Matty Lice is a Wimp. Period!

Man Dont bad mouth "Matty Lice" on this Board, just because he is WIMP!

Matty Lice is a WIMP Period!

LIke I said, Matty Lice is WIMP. Period!

Matty Lice is a wimp. PERIOD!

Wimp arm!

Matty Lice is the MAIN PROBLEM!

Yes, I will be there as usual, section 123, row 11. I have lost faith in Matty Lice.

WAIT!!!

I NEVER had faith in Matty Lice!

I really don't want to go...

Well I must be a realist, as I have been calling Matty Lice out since day one and have been flamed every since. So what? Cause, I stood by my perception as Matty Lice as a NOODLE ARM QB.

I iwould trade Ryan (Matty Lice) for a Steriod Era baseball card.

To Hades with Matty Lice. If you ever seen me talk about the CHUMP QB he is, I have been persistant since day one! His arm is too weak. Period. And he is not accurate on the move.

Once again,,,I am NOT a Matty Lice fan. The boy is a wimp. Period.

Screw Matty Lice

Matty Lice is a NOODLE ARM CHUMP!!!

Not today, not tomorrow, nor yesterday....

Never a Matty Lice fan....

We will not be in the playoffs...

Matty Lice is an average QB at BEST!

Matt Lice can Kiss My...

But I am NOT a Matty Lice fan. Never have been. Never will be. Nothing to do with Vick. The boy will not lead us to Greatness...Ever.

Screw Matt Ryan. He can Kiss my Azz.

Screw Matty Lice.

Screw Matt Ryan and the Horse he Road in on! Punk!"

Is that why Matt Ryan is 1-5 in the playoffs? You would think a guy with the greatest offensive supporting cast in the NFL would have more than one playoff win(and he barely won that game).

Yeah, and Seattle had the No. 1 defense the last two seasons in a row (and that's a fact), so what's your point?

Edited by JerseyNo12