Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethos

Russell Wilson

154 posts in this topic

He's a superbowl champion now. Nothing else really matters.

Well, if you don't care about your own personal play then perhaps.

The End !

What I'm waiting for, is the end of the ridiculous idea that a championship validates a QB.

I think you missed the point. SB rings do not make QBs great, or any other players is what I'm assuming he was getting at. This was not some attempt to talk up to Ryan, it was more of saying that a lot of QBs could have gotten a ring on that team, thus the whole "he has a ring" thing isn't really that special, just luck of a good team...........

With a lot of other QB's running that team, they would not have made it to the Super Bowl.

With a lot of other QB's running that team, they would not have made it to the Super Bowl.

Their offense is centered largely around Wilson, and he was a big part of their success. However, with that defense I'm willing to bet they could have still made it with Trent Dilfer like QB play, and a different offense. In the SB, it was for the most part the defense and STs..........Wilson is good, but him having a ring is perhaps the worst reason one could give as evidence of that.

Their offense is centered largely around Wilson, and he was a big part of their success. However, with that defense I'm willing to bet they could have still made it with Trent Dilfer like QB play, and a different offense. In the SB, it was for the most part the defense and STs..........Wilson is good, but him having a ring is perhaps the worst reason one could give as evidence of that.

I never said winning the Super Bowl was evidence of anything. What I did say was that if he wasn't their QB during the regular season they probably would not have even gotten to the Super Bowl.

He bailed them out in several games last season. Even in some games where the defense was playing very well.