New Stadium Or Not, A Superbowl Unitl The City Figures Out How To Handle An Inch

atlGM

Gets a little tiring hearing all the complaining and jokes about the weather and road situations around here with most of it coming from transplants. Think everyone knows why we have the problems. Can't shut down thousands of businesses, offices, schools etc. at once put them all on roads at once. Add 18 wheelers that block roads and should have been parked and it is mass chaos. It would also be a waste of tax funds to spend millions dollars worth of taxpayer funds for equipment that would only get used occasionally. And lastly, think we all have seen network newscasts of people up north and elsewhere slipping, sliding, crashing and abandoning vehicles. Give it a rest.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the northern transplants that get into accidents. I've seen a handful that think they know how to drive in snow. The only problem is that it's not snow, it's an inch of ice. No matter how much experience you have, it's not safe to go up and down hilly Atlanta roads that are unsalted and frozen.

But anyways, to address the topic, Atlanta needs to step the F up. Do they not remember the last Superbowl down here?

It's the northern transplants that get into accidents. I've seen a handful that think they know how to drive in snow. The only problem is that it's not snow, it's an inch of ice. No matter how much experience you have, it's not safe to go up and down hilly Atlanta roads that are unsalted and frozen.

But anyways, to address the topic, Atlanta needs to step the F up. Do they not remember the last Superbowl down here?

exactly they think they can drive in this but they can't

Gets a little tiring hearing all the complaining and jokes about the weather and road situations around here with most of it coming from transplants. Think everyone knows why we have the problems. Can't shut down thousands of businesses, offices, schools etc. at once put them all on roads at once. Add 18 wheelers that block roads and should have been parked and it is mass chaos. It would also be a waste of tax funds to spend millions dollars worth of taxpayer funds for equipment that would only get used occasionally. And lastly, think we all have seen network newscasts of people up north and elsewhere slipping, sliding, crashing and abandoning vehicles. Give it a rest.

The ironic part of this is most of these ignorant Yankee transplants who make fun of us Southerners not being able to handle the snow left the north and came south because they couldn't handle the snow.

And they're always the first ones to cry about the heat and the humidity in the summer.

The ironic part of this is most of these ignorant Yankee transplants who make fun of us Southerners not being able to handle the snow left the north and came south because they couldn't handle the snow.

And they're always the first ones to cry about the heat and the humidity in the summer.

Yea,we need to tighten the borders......lots more guards needed on the Mason-Dixon line.

Agreed. I'm disgusted that kids are stuck at school though. I would have lost my mind if my son was stuck.

I feel ya guys. In Jersey were used to this **** so it don't phase me, but last week we got hit with a nice 10 inches and my luck..3 minutes into my drive home my wiper motor seized.

Let me tell ya, it sure isn't fun driving in a blizzard with absolutely NO wipers or vision. 5 hour ride of pure unadulterated ****

IT WAS AN INCH. When I lived in Indiana, school wasn't DELAYED until they had 4+ inches. And the plows didn't leave the garage until well after it had stopped snowing.

I understand that you guys aren't used to it, it rarely happens, yadda yadda yadda, but 90% of driving on snow and ice is common sense. The inability to handle an inch of snow says more about the people driving on it and less about the cities preparation.

IT WAS AN INCH. When I lived in Indiana, school wasn't DELAYED until they had 4+ inches. And the plows didn't leave the garage until well after it had stopped snowing.

I understand that you guys aren't used to it, it rarely happens, yadda yadda yadda, but 90% of driving on snow and ice is common sense. The inability to handle an inch of snow says more about the people driving on it and less about the cities preparation.

When roads ice over and you have two wheel drive cars without snow tires and every business and schools lets out at once, you're gonna have problems. No matter what part of the 'tough guy cold' part of the country you're from

Let me step in and explain something. If you are from up north, and it's a common thing for you. Take your *** back up there to do it. We don't mess around down here. Before someone defend you, let me ask. What in the **** does this have to do with a stadium or a Super Bowl? Maybe more of you will live longer, if you did like us Southerners. Also, do like the people that will try to survive a flood, and a hurricane.

When roads ice over and you have two wheel drive cars without snow tires and every business and schools lets out at once, you're gonna have problems. No matter what part of the 'tough guy cold' part of the country you're from

No, you won't. When you have knuckleheads who freak out over an inch of snow, you'll have problems. Half the country functions with snow on a regular basis, with 2 wheel drive, and schools, and no snow tires. The other half freaks out when mother nature does her thing...

Let me step in and explain something. If you are from up north, and it's a common thing for you. Take your *** back up there to do it. We don't mess around down here. Before someone defend you, let me ask. What in the **** does this have to do with a stadium or a Super Bowl? Maybe more of you will live longer, if you did like us Southerners. Also, do like the people that will try to survive a flood, and a hurricane.

I'm from the north, I don't live there...

WTF DID MY THREAD HAVE TO DO BEING FROM THE NORTH OR SOUTH. GET THE HATE OUT YOUR BLOOD.

THE FACT THST INCH OF SNOW CAN SHUT DOWN A CITY OF THIS SIZE WAS THE ONLY THING I WAS BRINGING ATTENTION TO.

WE EXPERIENCE SUB FREEZING TEMPERATURES EVERY YEAR IN ATLANTA. THE CONDITIONS THE CITY IS IN RIGHT NOW ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE

First, it wasn't an INCH. Many locations to the west and northwest (where i happen to live and work) already had an inch on the side streets by 1:30pm yesterday. That precipitation was already turned to ICE in most locations in those areas.

The situation in Indiana and our situation in Georgia/Atlanta/the South is different. In a MULTITUDE of ways. If you can't... or won't... see & accept that reality, then please, take me up on my heartfelt invitation to move back to Indiana and continue your unrealistic, moronic, biased beetching and demeaning stereotyping of Southerners from there.

have a nice day smile.png .

No, you won't. When you have knuckleheads who freak out over an inch of snow, you'll have problems. Half the country functions with snow on a regular basis, with 2 wheel drive, and schools, and no snow tires. The other half freaks out when mother nature does her thing...

I deal with people from all over this nation on a daily basis in my job; most days I speak with from 40 to 60 of them a day; predictably, a large percentage of them are "Northerners" living in the North, or transplants brought south by jobs or retirement to warmer climate in Florida. I've lived in the north, and the west, and the mid-south, and now in Georgia for 15 years, so between my time in those locations and via my work, I have dealt with a lot of "Northerners." YOU fit right into the behavior & persona profile of, unfortunately, too many of those people "from the North." Thank goodness, not everyone from the North is like you though...

First, it wasn't an INCH. Many locations to the west and northwest (where i happen to live and work) already had an inch on the side streets by 1:30pm yesterday. That precipitation was already turned to ICE in most locations in those areas.

The situation in Indiana and our situation in Georgia/Atlanta/the South is different. In a MULTITUDE of ways. If you can't... or won't... see & accept that reality, then please, take me up on my heartfelt invitation to move back to Indiana and continue your unrealistic, moronic, biased beetching and demeaning stereotyping of Southerners from there.

have a nice day smile.png .

I'm not complaining about Southerners at all. Never once.

Also, I don't live in ATL, so I'm not complaining about you guys playing bumper cars on the highway yesterday. I'm in Phoenix, where it's sunny and 70 in the winter.

Also, the situation isn't much different. If you drive like a knucklehead, whether on snow, or ice, or rain, or dry pavement, you'll have major issues. They do the same thing out here when it rains. People freak out and drive like morons.

the majority of people were driving 5 mph on the interstate because their cars were drifting and swerving that is what caused the wrecks. my wife was stuck on 75 for 14 hours. she finally got out her car and walked 7 miles to her friends house. smh.

people aren't used to this type of weather and there's nothing "moronic" about that. sure you have a few ppl who were going extremely fast but for the most part people were drifting and didn't know how or what to do.

I deal with people from all over this nation on a daily basis in my job; most days I speak with from 40 to 60 of them a day; predictably, a large percentage of them are "Northerners" living in the North, or transplants brought south by jobs or retirement to warmer climate in Florida. I've lived in the north, and the west, and the mid-south, and now in Georgia for 15 years, so between my time in those locations and via my work, I have dealt with a lot of "Northerners." YOU fit right into the behavior & persona profile of, unfortunately, too many of those people "from the North." Thank goodness, not everyone from the North is like you though...

That's an aweful lot of assumptions.