Uh Oh..another One Of Bedwetters "drama In The Front Office" Articles.

Posted: 9:17 am Monday, January 27th, 2014

Atlanta Falcons blog

Falcons’ front office drama in Flowery Branch

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

There is some drama brewing in the Branch!

The hiring of Scott Pioli as the new assistant general manager was a sound football move by the Falcons.

But when he arrives after working the Super Bowl for NBC Sports and Sirius Radio, he comes with a checkered past that doesn’t fit the culture that’s been cultivated by owner Arthur Blank and executed by president Rich McKay, general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Mike Smith.

To Pioli’s credit he knows that and has said he plans to be more open minded in his return to the league. For the details, google Kent Babb’s Kansas City Star article.

His integration into the personnel meeting room will start immediately.

When asked what the changes meant to the operation, Dimitroff and Pioli weren’t forthcoming at the Senior Bowl.

It will be interesting to see how the triumvirate of Dimitroff, Pioli and Lionel Vital blend together.

It was thought that the Falcons would hire Pioli if Vital landed the Tampa Bay general manager’s job. When Vital, who was considered the front runner at one point didn’t t get the job, Pioli was hired, apparently at a level above Vital, who was second in command.

All three have worked together before and like many co-workers have had their differences.

But it appears they’ll try to smooth those old differences out and work together to get the Falcons turned around.

- See more at: http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/27/falcons-front-office-drama-in-flowery-branch/#sthash.nKt8upHt.dpuf

As much as I like the Pioli signing. There may be a point to be made in this article. Too many chefs in the kitchen on the same dish, may result in some ****** food. Lets say you got soup to make. You hire TD, he puts his ingredients in. You hire Pioli, he puts his ingredients in, now you still have Vital and he puts his ingredients in, the soup starts tasting like **** because of all the ingredients.

Has anyone ever heard this turd doing a radio interview? You here him hitting phone keys *BEEP* *BEEP* 10 or 15 times in a 2 minute interview. He also sounds like a grown up version of Steve Erkle There is something not mentally right with that guy.

The first time I heard his voice I thought it was somebody joking around until I realized it was a "serious" interview

No power struggle for Dimitroff, Pioli

by Vaugh McClure

Now that the Atlanta Falcons have hired Scott Pioli as assistant general manager, it’s only natural to wonder if there will be any sort of power struggle in the front office between Pioli and his close friend, general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

Besides, Dimitroff once worked under Pioli in New England when Pioli was the vice president of player personnel and Dimitroff was the director of college scouting. Plus Pioli developed a reputation for being controlling in his role as the Kansas City Chiefs general manager from 2009-12, although Pioli vowed to be more open-minded now.

Dimitroff quickly dismissed any notion of any sort of butting of heads.

"There’s no issue at all,’’ Dimitroff told ESPN.com. "Scott and I have an incredible working relationship. We always have. We he was in charge in New England, we were very mindful of each other's roles and we could still close the door and have some very candid conversations. Rarely did it get heated.

"We were passionate about what we talked about. That will not change with the role reversal. I’m incredibly confident with our maturity in this business. I’m even that much more confident with our ability to have very insightful, interactive, and collaborative conversations. … I’m not at all concerned about any of the insinuation that there might be a struggle with personalities.’’

Pioli said his role in terms of input will evolve over time, but he is sure to have strong opinions. The Falcons obviously want him to have a hand in dissecting offensive and defensive linemen, which is considered one of his strengths.

"When you play a position, which I was a defensive lineman in college, and I coached offensive line for four years before I got into personnel … I have a little different perspective on things,’’ Pioli said. "So hopefully, I can add value.’’

Dimitroff views the whole management structure with himself, Pioli, and director of player personnel Lionel Vital as a positive step for the organization moving forward. Vital also worked under Pioli in New England.

"I believe truly that there’s probably one place that Scott would consider an assistant general manager role, and the reason I think he considered it here is because he wanted to work with me and the staff that we have in place,’’ Dimitroff said.

"Lionel Vital is a top-notch personnel man. They have a great working relationship. Lionel is the director of player personnel. His role is not changing at all. And Scott’s been very outspoken about, once again, coming into an organization where he feels like he’s working with a top-notch owner (Arthur Blank) with a lot of great things to offer us and provide us. I know that’s one of the things that put the Falcons over the top.’’

Pioli, currently an analyst for NBC Sports Network and SiriusXM Radio, officially starts his new role on Feb. 3. We’ll see if he’s able to help the Falcons get back to the top.

It looks like the Falcons have a bonafide journalist at ESPN, Follow the guy on twitter or check out his blog. The articles are well written and honestly I actually care about alot of the things he writes about.

As much as I like the Pioli signing. There may be a point to be made in this article. Too many chefs in the kitchen on the same dish, may result in some ****** food. Lets say you got soup to make. You hire TD, he puts his ingredients in. You hire Pioli, he puts his ingredients in, now you still have Vital and he puts his ingredients in, the soup starts tasting like **** because of all the ingredients.

I like that example..but in the same sense, you can say, you got 3 experts collectively putting in on the same dish like emeril, bobby flay and Rachel ray, and BAM, you got one h#ll of a dish..

Vaughn McClure has written some really good articles. I think the Pioli hire is a very good hire and I'm excited about it.

A couple of days ago I heard DLed in a radio interview say that TD and Pioli are such good friends that when TD's father was sick and dying Pioli used to pick TD up and drive him to the hospital. This article posted is just DLed trying to stir the pot so more people will read his stuff.

Pioli and TD worked together for years and are pretty much best friends so they both know exactly what they are getting into.

No power struggle for Dimitroff, Pioli

by Vaugh McClure

Now that the Atlanta Falcons have hired Scott Pioli as assistant general manager, it’s only natural to wonder if there will be any sort of power struggle in the front office between Pioli and his close friend, general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

Besides, Dimitroff once worked under Pioli in New England when Pioli was the vice president of player personnel and Dimitroff was the director of college scouting. Plus Pioli developed a reputation for being controlling in his role as the Kansas City Chiefs general manager from 2009-12, although Pioli vowed to be more open-minded now.

Dimitroff quickly dismissed any notion of any sort of butting of heads.

"There’s no issue at all,’’ Dimitroff told ESPN.com. "Scott and I have an incredible working relationship. We always have. We he was in charge in New England, we were very mindful of each other's roles and we could still close the door and have some very candid conversations. Rarely did it get heated.

"We were passionate about what we talked about. That will not change with the role reversal. I’m incredibly confident with our maturity in this business. I’m even that much more confident with our ability to have very insightful, interactive, and collaborative conversations. … I’m not at all concerned about any of the insinuation that there might be a struggle with personalities.’’

Pioli said his role in terms of input will evolve over time, but he is sure to have strong opinions. The Falcons obviously want him to have a hand in dissecting offensive and defensive linemen, which is considered one of his strengths.

"When you play a position, which I was a defensive lineman in college, and I coached offensive line for four years before I got into personnel … I have a little different perspective on things,’’ Pioli said. "So hopefully, I can add value.’’

Dimitroff views the whole management structure with himself, Pioli, and director of player personnel Lionel Vital as a positive step for the organization moving forward. Vital also worked under Pioli in New England.

"I believe truly that there’s probably one place that Scott would consider an assistant general manager role, and the reason I think he considered it here is because he wanted to work with me and the staff that we have in place,’’ Dimitroff said.

"Lionel Vital is a top-notch personnel man. They have a great working relationship. Lionel is the director of player personnel. His role is not changing at all. And Scott’s been very outspoken about, once again, coming into an organization where he feels like he’s working with a top-notch owner (Arthur Blank) with a lot of great things to offer us and provide us. I know that’s one of the things that put the Falcons over the top.’’

Pioli, currently an analyst for NBC Sports Network and SiriusXM Radio, officially starts his new role on Feb. 3. We’ll see if he’s able to help the Falcons get back to the top.

It looks like the Falcons have a bonafide journalist at ESPN, Follow the guy on twitter or check out his blog. The articles are well written and honestly I actually care about alot of the things he writes about.

Haha, compare this article to what DLed wrote.

McClure actually asked ... Questions?!...to TD and Pioli about tension working together and got quotes from them. Now, they can be lying but at least it is their own words.

DLed says they weren't forthcoming at the Senior bowl. I guess they didn't chase him down and hand him article talking points.

WTF Scott and TD are pretty much best Friends and came up through the ranks together and have known each other for 20+ years. He came up through Cleveland and New Enlgand just like TD, WTF is he talking about? As far as getting an assistant GM Scott makes more sense than anyone given our current front office.

Edited by MAD597

Look the only thing that matters between these guys is money. They want to be employed and they want to win. TD might have the final say so but both Pioli and Vital know if they start winning other teams will start calling, and that's what they want. To use the Falcons as a spring board for their own GM jobs.

And Atlanta already has the hardest piece to find, a QB. If you have a top 6-7 QB then its MUCH easier to build a winning team. I also don't think any of these guys are going to step on each other's feet. Why would TD care if Pioli pushes his draft agenda? If Pioli makes all the right picks and TD says "yea I like it" and we start winning again TD will by default come out as a winning GM again. The record is what we remember not the credit.