The Power Run And Why We Need It Back

Sure, it's a passing league. We hear it every game. Passing has the potential to turn into huge gains, and fans love a team that can make these long throws with highlight reel catches.

That's all good and well, but doesn't it lose some appeal when the defense knows you're going to air it out all game? I know I'm tired of seeing the run game executed horribly, then abandoned early each game (with our run game, there seemed to be little choice)

I believe we would have a much stronger offense if we dedicated more game time and more draft picks to the run game. Wouldn't you love to see the Falcons moving the chains on the ground with ease like when we had Turner in his prime?

This aggressive, hard nosed running kept defenses trying to stack the box to slow our run game down. This opened up the window for huge pass plays with play action. Even non play action passes would have a better chance as long as we kept a rb in the backfield.

Defenses would be much harder pressed to contain our offense. We wouldn't lose our aerial attack by devoting the game to runs. Sure, there would be less passes, but the ones we do throw would be much more effective due to defenses having to guess instead of already knowing we're going to pass.

I think this offense could make a huge step forward this year with the draft and FA toward rebuilding our run game. This year, fix the lines. Draft and sign players who can pass block and push defenders back for runs. Draft and sign some DEFENSE as well, so we don't have to constantly play from behind and abandon the run game.

Next year, draft a FRANCHISE rb. Not a project. Not a smurf in the 6th round hoping to get lucky. Spend big on a college star. Use the remaining picks and cap to further bolster the lines and defense.

Two years. Two years to fix this offense to where we need to be. That doesn't mean we can't still kick some Saint *** in 2014 and get us a Lombardi, though. :)

GO FALCONS!

We don't need a power running game just one that's effective enough to balance the offense. This offense will still live and die on the arm of MR. We are not gonna be the niners or seahawks people should give up that fantasy. It's really funny because when we used to constantly grind games out with Turner people were screaming we need to air it out more lol. If anything we will try and be a better version of the broncos

Sure, it's a passing league. We hear it every game. Passing has the potential to turn into huge gains, and fans love a team that can make these long throws with highlight reel catches.

That's all good and well, but doesn't it lose some appeal when the defense knows you're going to air it out all game? I know I'm tired of seeing the run game executed horribly, then abandoned early each game (with our run game, there seemed to be little choice)

I believe we would have a much stronger offense if we dedicated more game time and more draft picks to the run game. Wouldn't you love to see the Falcons moving the chains on the ground with ease like when we had Turner in his prime?

This aggressive, hard nosed running kept defenses trying to stack the box to slow our run game down. This opened up the window for huge pass plays with play action. Even non play action passes would have a better chance as long as we kept a rb in the backfield.

Defenses would be much harder pressed to contain our offense. We wouldn't lose our aerial attack by devoting the game to runs. Sure, there would be less passes, but the ones we do throw would be much more effective due to defenses having to guess instead of already knowing we're going to pass.

I think this offense could make a huge step forward this year with the draft and FA toward rebuilding our run game. This year, fix the lines. Draft and sign players who can pass block and push defenders back for runs. Draft and sign some DEFENSE as well, so we don't have to constantly play from behind and abandon the run game.

Next year, draft a FRANCHISE rb. Not a project. Not a smurf in the 6th round hoping to get lucky. Spend big on a college star. Use the remaining picks and cap to further bolster the lines and defense.

Two years. Two years to fix this offense to where we need to be. That doesn't mean we can't still kick some Saint *** in 2014 and get us a Lombardi, though. :)

GO FALCONS!

Didn't read all that

But in short we need the run game to keep the defense off the field so much and run the clock out to close games

Jackson is still a top 10 back "when healthy" he needs a solid line not the worse one in the nfl