Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Lol Sherman

459 posts in this topic

I will say this about Sherman, he talks the talk. But he also walks the walk. I'd like him more if he just walked the walked. If his story about Crabtree is true I really can't blame him for rubbing it in Crabtree's face. He shows emotion, fire, heart, and dedication. Falcons players could use these attributes.

lol well he was just responding to Crabtree runnin his mouth. this happens in football games all the time, players talking like that. i love that he had the balls to do it on live tv.

So I guess it's ok to act like a complete jackass as long as you're good at what you do. Yeah, it'd be cool if he were on the falcons because of his skill, I'd still think he's a jackass.

capologist likes this

I was listening to 790 radio earlier this morning and caught just the end of an interview with him where he said that he remembered that play from the Atlanta game and he was going to be ready (or something to that effect)

The interviewer marveled that he still thought about that game

Did anybody else hear him reference the Falcons?

I heard him mention Atlanta, but I didn't hear if he referenced any play in particular. I thought he was talking about not wanting to feel like they felt last season losing to us, but like I said I didn't really catch all of it. It was when they had him and Wilson on set after the trophy presentation.

But Sherman backs up his talk, that his personality, what's the issue? Again Crabtree made a comment about him earlier in the week, You don't know what the exchange was on the last play like another poster said maybe Sherman was saying good game and Crabtree pushed him in his face. So Sherman went off on him

See the problem with Sherman is this. He may very well be the best CB in the league but his mouth will ruin his legacy. Bill Romanowski used to be the best LB in the NFL but you see where his attitude got him.

I've always felt that you should act like you've been there before. When you make a nice play, act like it is no big deal and when interviewed, let it be known that you expect it of yourself every single time. Yelling incoherently at a female reporter doesn't make you the man. You never saw Jerry Rice or Tony Gonzales ranting like that, but then they had something Sherman lacks, class.

Diesel_Bird likes this

I heard him mention Atlanta, but I didn't hear if he referenced any play in particular. I thought he was talking about not wanting to feel like they felt last season losing to us, but like I said I didn't really catch all of it. It was when they had him and Wilson on set after the trophy presentation.

In the post game interview with Steve Wyche from NFL Network he made reference to losing focus due to no activity on his side of the field.

I got the feeling he was talking about the play Roddy roasted him on without him giving specifics. He couldn't really name the Roddy White play specifically cause he tried to clean that comment up by saying he'd give up a catch here and there after mental lapsing due to not being challenged at all for 3 quarter's. But the catch he would give up "was nothing big."

Surely the Roddy White scorching of Richard Sherman in the playoffs falls way outside the scope of "nothing big."

I saw the clip again, and frankly I was like "WTH is he talking about?" So was Erin. It was a shortest post game onfield interview I have ever seen.

Sherman did appear a bit angry after that game, but I understand that Crabtree was talking a bit that game and they have a combative history. Usually Sherman's talking is pretty good natured type trash talk.

He is in fact the best CB playing today and any team would love to have the guy. Plus all the fans of those teams would suddenly be in love with him then too.

I don't think he really thought Trent would do that. But again Sherman and Crabtree got into it in Arizona last year in the offseason. This is personal.

Yeah, I didn't know about that. According to Sherman's brother, Sherman tried to shake Crabtree's hand and Crabtree tried to fight him (for whatever reason). Sherman said he was genuine in trying to congratulate him on a good game and what set him off was the shove in the face he received from Crabtree. To give him the benefit of he doubt, during the game he was patting guys on the butt and tapping 49'ers on the helmet when they made good plays

Wow, it's amazing how we can go back and forth on another team's player on how much of a beast he is but can't do this for our own players...

That Lamar Holmes is a Be.......

Julio was a Monst......

Steven Jackson was a bulldoz......

Spoon is the next big thi......

Should I continue??

So I guess it's ok to act like a complete jackass as long as you're good at what you do. Yeah, it'd be cool if he were on the falcons because of his skill, I'd still think he's a jackass.

I actually prefer to hear how a player REALLY feels as opposed to the cliche answers we're used to hearing on TV

toadfishtom likes this

I think it's funny how people are so upset by Sherman. We probably have A lot of Falcon fans in here ( The same ones that probably got hype when Matt Ryan CURSED and told the Panthers to get off the field after they scraped by in a regualr Season game) And they talk down on Sherman who just said Crabtree was a " Sorry" and " Mediocre" reciever after they been going at after a while and while Sherman just made a huge play to put his team into the SUPERBOWL! And he's the one that made the play, Matt Bryant kicked the field goal

I think it's funny how people are so upset by Sherman. We probably have A lot of Falcon fans in here ( The same ones that probably got hype when Matt Ryan CURSED and told the Panthers to get off the field after they scraped by in a regualr Season game) And they talk down on Sherman who just said Crabtree was a " Sorry" and " Mediocre" reciever after they been going at after a while and while Sherman just made a huge play to put his team into the SUPERBOWL! And he's the one that made the play, Matt Bryant kicked the field goal

the Sherman hate here is stupid. It seems that some People hate on him because he doesn't carry himself the same way they do.