Favorite Falcon Game

SavvyFalcon89

I wanted to switch it up a little bit from all the mock drafts and such. I want to know what was your favorite Falcon game you have ever been to? What made it special or memorable........positive or not.

For me it had to be November 22, 1998 Falcons vs. Bears. It was the first ever Falcons game that my dad took me too. I was about 9 at the time, and always wanted to go see the Falcons play.......well there was a bit of a problem with that. The day before the game, I broke my glasses and I couldn't get them repaired in time. So I went to the game, but everything was a muddled mess. But in the end what made it special was that I was with my Dad and it was also the first time I ever went to the dome.....they still had those weird colored seats at the time. But I will never forget that game for as long as I live. Now what is your story???

Maybe 1998 playoff game against SF. There are several other pssobilities though:

1970 - PIT game made me a fan

2010 - Thursday night game against BAL

1995 - Xmas eve Hebert to Mathis game

1990 - NO eleven hats on the ball game

2004 - run STL outta the gym playoff game

2004 - Vick levitation game against the Panties

1978 - first playoff win (weather sucked though)

2006 - take them yellow towels and put em where the sun don't shine game against PIT

2012 - Elizabeth I'm comin to join you playoff game against SEA

2005 - beat PHI as in the warm ups

1990 - back in black game against HOU

2008 - Matt to Jenkins comeback against CHI

There are many more.

Of the games that I've been to in person (not very many!), it would have to be the away game in Tampa in '09. Was great to be there for the Falcons' first back-to-back winning seasons. Met a ton of the players at the bus afterwards too.

Of all games I've watched, of course the Seattle play-off game comes to mind. But honestly, any time we beat the Saints is a "favorite Falcons game." Walking away from their house with an overtime win a few years back and Brees' five-pick-extravaganza were things of beauty.

Of the games that I've been to in person (not very many!), it would have to be the away game in Tampa in '09. Was great to be there for the Falcons' first back-to-back winning seasons. Met a ton of the players at the bus afterwards too.

Of all games I've watched, of course the Seattle play-off game comes to mind. But honestly, any time we beat the Saints is a "favorite Falcons game." Walking away from their house with an overtime win a few years back and Brees' five-pick-extravaganza were things of beauty.

Jeremiah%20Johnson%20nod.gif

It may not make the list of "greatest games," but one Falcons game I will always remember was the Buccaneers-Falcons match, played in the Georgia Dome on Sunday, November 29, 2009.

QB Matt Ryan was injured early in the first quarter, so backup QB Chris Redman took over the offense. Both the Bucs and the Falcons were having their problems that season. The Bucs, perhaps smelling blood, played one of their better games that season. Redman wasn't exactly a pro-bowler, but he nevertheless kept the Falcons in the game.

Trailing 13-17 in the final possession, with a little more than two minutes remaining and no time outs left, the Falcons drove down the field to the 5-yard line. After three incompletions it was fourth and goal with less than 30 seconds remaining; a field goal would do no good.

What made this moment so memorable for me was the almost total silence as Redman and company was preparing for the final do-or-die play. That silence was the most eerie phenomena I have ever witnessed in the Georgia Dome; it seemed all of the thousands of spectators, including the handful of Bucs fans in the stadium, were holding their breaths waiting for the final snap. Redman fired a pass to Roddy White who caught the ball in the end zone, and the stadium absolutely erupted. The Bucs received the following kick-off, but with no timeouts left themselves were unable to advance the ball; the game ended with a 20-17 Falcons victory.

It may not make the list of "greatest games," but one Falcons game I will always remember was the Buccaneers-Falcons match, played in the Georgia Dome on Sunday, November 29, 2009.

QB Matt Ryan was injured early in the first quarter, so backup QB Chris Redman took over the offense. Both the Bucs and the Falcons were having their problems that season. The Bucs, perhaps smelling blood, played one of their better games that season. Redman wasn't exactly a pro-bowler, but he nevertheless kept the Falcons in the game.

Trailing 13-17 in the final possession, with a little more than two minutes remaining and no time outs left, the Falcons drove down the field to the 5-yard line. After three incompletions it was fourth and goal with less than 30 seconds remaining; a field goal would do no good.

What made this moment so memorable for me was the almost total silence as Redman and company was preparing for the final do-or-die play. That silence was the most eerie phenomena I have ever witnessed in the Georgia Dome; it seemed all of the thousands of spectators, including the handful of Bucs fans in the stadium, were holding their breaths waiting for the final snap. Redman fired a pass to Roddy White who caught the ball in the end zone, and the stadium absolutely erupted. The Bucs received the following kick-off, but with no timeouts left themselves were unable to advance the ball; the game ended with a 20-17 Falcons victory.

Definitely remember Redman pulling out the SackMaker Turf Toe Win. Was there.

Falcons E-Gurls last season our 4 mill $$$ man burns there 10 mill $$$ shut down man CB lol......

Also our 4 mill $$$ man draws 3 guys in and Davis strolls in with a nice toe tapper in the end zone.

Any game where we beat the E-Gurls and hasn't happend enough in the last decade.

Edited by kiwifalcon