Falcons Ready To Pay Julio Jones 15M+ A Year?

Mr. Right

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the logic amongst the trolls. In their minds, Thomas Dimitroff is utterly incompetent, so let's trade the best player on the team for a bunch of picks that he will draft a bunch of busts with. Right,

Because in addition to entertaining the idea of trading Julio, I have strongly advocated firing Dimitroff. Those two scenarios are very compatible to each other. Never have I said - let's trade Julio and keep Dimitroff.

Because in addition to entertaining the idea of trading Julio, I have strongly advocated firing Dimitroff. Those two scenarios are very compatible to each other. Never have I said - let's trade Julio and keep Dimitroff.

Not happening. Neither.

I'm as down on Dimitroff as anyone, but despite the tragedy that is our situation in the trenches, he's a young GM, well respected, and has fielded some good to great teams. He will learn. I would be stunned if the lines aren't madeover this season. If we go 4-12 again, you may get your wish, but i don't see TD going anywhere anytime soon.

you have a point about Manny. He is one of the best pure hitters of all time. After he was traded from Boston it was a rather quick decline. With Gronk I don't think he will. Not only did he have back surgery, but he gets injured every year. He misses multiple games every year it seems. I even read an article about the Patriots getting rid of him in 2015

And yet over his career, Rob has missed 14 of 64 potential games, an average of 3.5 per season, down from Julio's 4.7 average and has banked two full seasons to Julio's one.

Is the reason we view Julio's circumstance as different, solely because of the prohibitive cost spent acquiring him and is that a logical reason to pay more than Jones' apparent worth?

Homers are incapable of arguing against what is actually being said. They have to attack imaginary arguments, or arguments said by other people, to create a strawman in order to make you look ridiculous. The irony is when they do that, they make themselves look silly.

And yet over his career, Rob has missed 14 of 64 potential games, an average of 3.5 per season, down from Julio's 4.7 average and has banked two full seasons to Julio's one.

Is the reason we view Julio's circumstance as different, solely because of the prohibitive cost spent acquiring him and is that a logical reason to pay more than Jones' apparent worth?

Gronk has had I believe 3 season ending injuries. Julio has had one. Michael Jordan had one season ending injury. Kobe has had one. Big difference wouldn't you agree? And I actually agree that Julio shouldn't get a Fitz or Megatron deal. But my reasons are different. I dont value WRs that much as far as getting more than $10 mil a year. Cause they depend on someone else to get them the ball. But throwing all that out i also don't want them to give Julio that much cause he does miss or come out of games cause of injuries. I just know none of that will matter once he get resign

A Falcon Fan troll is like the dude who's envious of some neighbor with a hotter wife. So he thinks his wife should lose more weight, tone up more, get a booob job and wear more make-up. Forgetting to appreciate his own wife who's never looked better over the last half-decade than she has in the all the previous years together.

We had/have a good team, some Sundays great. Maybe we don't win a SB in the next 10 years, at least I'm confident with Blank owning the team, they'll be a lot of good years of being competitive, even great some days, maybe great enough to actually win, which is NOT typical Falcon football, at least not what it used to be for nearly 5 decades of pathetic, laughing stock of the league, sorry as F teams...with a few exceptions of course.

What I don't think people, young people especially, appreciate is that in what, decades of football, the Falcons had never....NEVER fielded a winning team TWO years in a row until the Triumvirate came to town. So I'm willing to give a little rope to them, with TD getting the shortest piece, followed by Smith and Ryan. That is all.

Homers are incapable of arguing against what is actually being said. They have to attack imaginary arguments, or arguments said by other people, to create a strawman in order to make you look ridiculous. The irony is when they do that, they make themselves look silly.

So your against building through the draft then.