Anybody Out There Runnin Outta Time?

Lawd have mercy folks. There are plenty fans that need rest soon or they could be dead.

I'm old as dirt. I've been watching the Falcons for 48 years. Fan for 44 years.

Believe it or not there are good Falcon fans that are 45 years older than me. They need rest now.

Blank is 71. He needs rest. I need rest. You need rest. We all need rest.

My mom was a huge Falcon fan and a STH. She passed after the 97 season just before the Bowl. My pops is still a STH but he's 87 now. Not much time left. How bout a Bowl? Jus one Bowl. I'm jus askin.

Anybody else out there know a good Falcon fan that's a runnin outta time?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen a post like yours.

My best friend (a season ticket holder) lost his battle with lymphoma last month.

We would talk sports and especially Falcons 3-4 times a week…..for years.

I miss him as a friend but also selfishly as a guy I could have intelligent football conversations with (he was a PhD in Psychology). So you could say the clock ran out on him, but in a real way his passing meant that time ran out on me.

Thanks for all your posts and especially this one.

Lawd have mercy folks. There are plenty fans that need rest soon or they could be dead.

I'm old as dirt. I've been watching the Falcons for 48 years. Fan for 44 years.

Believe it or not there are good Falcon fans that are 45 years older than me. They need rest now.

Blank is 71. He needs rest. I need rest. You need rest. We all need rest.

My mom was a huge Falcon fan and a STH. She passed after the 97 season just before the Bowl. My pops is still a STH but he's 87 now. Not much time left. How bout a Bowl? Jus one Bowl. I'm jus askin.

Anybody else out there know a good Falcon fan that's a runnin outta time?

I'm a fan for 34 years or so, so guess I am running out of time--I'm definitely running out of patience lol

The most frustrating years were the bartkowski years. Had an OL, grits blitz, William Andrews and Lynn Cain and others...but we couldn't hold the **** lead against the cowboys and never got a SB...then of course that era ended when Andrews wrecked his knee and Bart got cripple. I just fear this group of talented guys like Ryan, Roddy, JJ are headed down a similar fate.

The sad part is only diehard falcon fans really remember how great William Andrews was because of no SB ring. Think about Andrews for a second. He was a more powerful Marshall Faulk dual threat when there was no such type of player. Yet ask a casual nfl fan who Andrews was and he'll scratch his head.

I also believe we will win one as well. We are much better than we used to be. I am 37 and have pull for the Falcons sinse 1st grade. My parents were STH in the 70's and early 80's but living in SC now over 3 hours away I can't go to all the games but do try to go to a couple a year. If anyone ever cannot make a game let me know I will probably buy your tickets.

Edited by Bird is the Word

As long as TD is here I have no faith he will put the right personnel on field to win a Super Bowl

If Matt Ryan had a great Oline and great defense he would be good enough to win a Super Bowl and be a game manager but Matt Ryan was fawning over Larry Fitzgerald in pro bowl and him and our current idiot gM needed to have a oft injured Julio Jones . We really showed em this year guys

We will continue to wait and Falcons franchise will continue to dissapoint

They are failures

They make excuses

They put together catchy slogans

We the fans care more than players and front office so we wait for CHAMPIONSHIP

I'm right there with you man. I run 3-5 miles a day, don't smoke, and eat right to try and stay on this side of the grass but you never know what fate has in store for you.

I used to mock you for this "I'm tired" line but the older I get (I became a grandfather 6 months ago) the more I realize I am tired.

Used to believe that it was inevitable that the Falcons would win at least one Lombardi in my lifetime but I don't necessarily ascribe to that belief any longer.

I like and appreciate what Smitty/TD have done in resurrecting this franchise but have come to the conclusion that neither one of them have the requisite skill set to get the Falcons a championship. I just don't believe it any longer.

A 6 year sample (IMO) is plenty of time to get a feel for how a HC or GM does things. I think both of these guys are stubborn, and TD has the added personality quirk of an enormous ego and a dogged refusal to admit when he has had carnal relations with the pooch.

So, in my mind there is nothing ahead for the next couple of years but biding time. Biding time until Artie wakes up and realizes that these two guys aren't the ones to get that ultimate prize-

The Lombardi Trophy.

**** yeah I'm tired.

Rest? You're only sitting on your backside watching football games.

Rather than disecting and criticising every single thing, it's far better to make the most of your limited time by enjoying football for the entertainment that it is.

Teams that get desparate and impatient make decisions that are designed to buy immerdiate success, and short-term thinking usually ends up in bad decisions that hurt the team in the short and long term.