Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

We were at Indiana's pro day: http://www.news-sent.../140329697/1013 which I like, b/c I'm becoming more and more a fan of taking Stephen Houston in the 7th, or at least as an UDFA. He just reminds me of Snelling for some reason.

Indiana also has a sleeper TE. I can't recall his name, but he kid is supposed to be a very good receiver.

It's been almost a month since Texas A&M's pro day (yesterday's was just Manziel's) yet there has been no word on Matthews as far as the Falcons are concerned. It's possible that despite what people say on here they are not that interested in Matthews and would prefer OTs like Robinson and Lewan instead. I recall a report a few weeks ago that said that a lot of teams rank Matthews as the #3 OT in the class.

Not much word about Matthews, from the Branch. Dry ice in a bowl of water.

With all the off the field issues that surround Lewan, you really think we are in strong consederation for him? I don't think he would pass the "filter".

Lewan was in a bar fight and he was defending his teammate. I have not heard of any other incidents. If there are other behavioral problems, please let us know.

Also possible we were at Indiana to scout Cody Latimer - WR.

He will be drafted below his talent level due to past injury and the fact he was at IU.

I agree that Houston is a possible RB fit in Atlanta also.

kiwifalcon likes this

Not much word about Matthews, from the Branch. Dry ice in a bowl of water.

Usually private workouts and visits are only found out from sources outside of front offices. If one of those two things haven't been reported linking the Falcons with Matthews then chances are they haven't happened, at least not yet.

• McClure also reports (on Twitter) that offensive tackle Jake Matthews met with the Falcons at the combine in Indianapolis. Matthews is expected to be one of the first tackles off the board in May’s draft, and Atlanta holds the sixth overall selection.

Based on the guys we are working out and meeting with it's looking more and more like OT at 6 and OLB in the second round

• McClure also reports (on Twitter) that offensive tackle Jake Matthews met with the Falcons at the combine in Indianapolis. Matthews is expected to be one of the first tackles off the board in May’s draft, and Atlanta holds the sixth overall selection.

Based on the guys we are working out and meeting with it's looking more and more like OT at 6 and OLB in the second round

Thats my thinking as well. I am betting on us taking OT in the 1st and I think we will move back into the 2nd or 3rd to get a player we want by using our 4th since we have a comp pick we have to keep or maybe even a pick in next years draft.

I am hoping we trade back in the 1st too, but who knows.

one first and 2 seconds with the first 4 picks will equal 3 starters(OT, OLB, FS), rest of the picks can be solid depth in this draft. I would be happy.

one first and 2 seconds with the first 4 picks will equal 3 starters(OT, OLB, FS), rest of the picks can be solid depth in this draft. I would be happy.

Exactly, but i have to have Zack Kerr with the 4th comp pick or later for that NT depth son.

The O.D.B likes this

Exactly, but i have to have Zack Kerr with the 4th comp pick or later for that NT depth son.

Of all the positions that it is critical to have depth on this team at the moment is definitely NT. Soliai requires a solid to good rotational partner.

Of all the positions that it is critical to have depth on this team at the moment is definitely NT. Soliai requires a solid to good rotational partner.

not to mention on goal line stands, having two hogs clogging up the middle would be awesome

Best we be finding some depth at LG aswell I don't see anyone on our roster that can replace Blalock either.

Best we be finding some depth at LG aswell I don't see anyone on our roster that can replace Blalock either.

while I will agree we can never have enough O-line depth, guard is not really a top 5 priority