Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

I can't help but get the feeling they're going to draft a 3-4 OLB in the first few rounds.

Yep, I also have a feeling that they will draft a 3-4 ILB somewhere in the mid to late rounds.

I'm not familiar with Rettig. Is he athletic enough to potentially be a WR candidate?

think he is a traditional passer, most likely will go undrafted and could be another camp arm like Seth Doege last year who we also worked out before that draft.

Daily News Sports@dn_sports

NFL teams represented at @BallStateFB pro day include: Falcons, Patriots, Seahawks, Colts, 49ers, Giants and Texans, per @Matt_D_McKinney

D. Orlando Ledbetter@AJCFalcons

Most #NFL teams r represented at Georgia Tech's Pro Day. #Falcons have scouts Billy Devaney & Anthony Robinson here. pic.twitter.com/SFLtIrCjqA

I think Taylor Lewan as well as Anthony Barr were evaluated as due diligence because they may be contingency picks in worse case...meaning if we do not trade up and Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews are all gone and we can't trade back. Not sure of the likelihood of this happening but it could and it may come down to these two. Luckily both would fill a critical need.

I think Taylor Lewan as well as Anthony Barr were evaluated as due diligence because they may be contingency picks in worse case...meaning if we do not trade up and Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews are all gone and we can't trade back. Not sure of the likelihood of this happening but it could and it may come down to these two. Luckily both would fill a critical need.

Just my opinion, but i think there is zero chance we take Barr at 6 even with those 4 gone. I think we'll trade back or go for a different position. Too many good OLB's in the 2nd who i think are just as good if not better than Barr.

1981falcsny likes this

It's been almost a month since Texas A&M's pro day (yesterday's was just Manziel's) yet there has been no word on Matthews as far as the Falcons are concerned. It's possible that despite what people say on here they are not that interested in Matthews and would prefer OTs like Robinson and Lewan instead. I recall a report a few weeks ago that said that a lot of teams rank Matthews as the #3 OT in the class.

It's been almost a month since Texas A&M's pro day (yesterday's was just Manziel's) yet there has been no word on Matthews as far as the Falcons are concerned. It's possible that despite what people say on here they are not that interested in Matthews and would prefer OTs like Robinson and Lewan instead. I recall a report a few weeks ago that said that a lot of teams rank Matthews as the #3 OT in the class.

With all the off the field issues that surround Lewan, you really think we are in strong consederation for him? I don't think he would pass the "filter".

With all the off the field issues that surround Lewan, you really think we are in strong consederation for him? I don't think he would pass the "filter".

If need, instant impact, upside, and versatility are all there then the filter can and should be given an exception. If Dimitroff and, more importantly, Blank have not learned that lesson by now then there is no helping this team.

Scott, attending TexAM Proday rather than Manziel's workout would make way more sense to me and I would be much happier with that but do you have a link to support or is this your opinion because the link states specifically Manziel workout. I knew about the Falcons attending TexAM Proday on 5 Mar but this reference was specifically about Manziel a few days ago.

Scott, attending TexAM Proday rather than Manziel's workout would make way more sense to me and I would be much happier with that but do you have a link to support or is this your opinion because the link states specifically Manziel workout. I knew about the Falcons attending TexAM Proday on 5 Mar but this reference was specifically about Manziel a few days ago.

It wasn't just Manziel there. Mike Evans was there too. Mike Labbert and Travis Walker (two late round/UDFA types) were there too. Falcons there means they are looking at late round receivers or Mike Evans. But MAnziel isn't the target.

OK, thanks. Makes more sense. I thought you said they did not attend "Manziel's workout" and for the record, I never stated that Manziel was a target. I did not know which WRs or any other players involvement in the workout so I did not name any.

Chuck Carlton@ChuckCarltonDMN

RT @DMN_George: SMU QB Garrett Gilbert also said he has private workouts scheduled with the Carolina Panthers and the Atlanta Falcons.

It wasn't just Manziel there. Mike Evans was there too. Mike Labbert and Travis Walker (two late round/UDFA types) were there too. Falcons there means they are looking at late round receivers or Mike Evans. But MAnziel isn't the target.

I looked at it more as them gauging the interest other teams had in Manziel for potential trade scenarios.