Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

ppl brings up we are looking at 2nd and 3rd round OLB..... I think we will double dip at the position like we did at CB

I think they're doing their due diligence. Depending on whether an OLB or OT is the BPA in the 1st round they'll take the other later on.

atljbo likes this

The thing that interests me about Kony Ealy is that what would be the position he plays when the Falcons use their 3-4 fronts?

Could he play 3-4 OLB or could he put on another 10 pounds and play 3-4 DE?

The thing that interests me about Kony Ealy is that what would be the position he plays when the Falcons use their 3-4 fronts?

Could he play 3-4 OLB or could he put on another 10 pounds and play 3-4 DE?

I would think he would be a great candidate for a 3-4 DE used on passing downs in particular, OR you could kick him inside on pass downs, OR you could let him rush from the outside on an odd front. he would be a weapon in a Nolan Hybrid defense; very versatile and no extreme weaknesses unless it is in a coverage role most likely,

I recall Dimitroff saying that he was disappointed he couldn't get a LB he wanted after last year's draft.

I wonder who that was...

My guess would be Khaseem Greene, or more likely, Sean Porter. We showed interest in both of those guys prior to the draft. Neither one is really a pass rusher though.

Maybe Jaime Collins? He was on our radar as well. And since he was gone, we double-dipped at CB and took Alford instead (who was apparently TD's backup 1st round pick if we couldn't get Trufant).

I wonder who that was...

My guess would be Khaseem Greene, or more likely, Sean Porter. We showed interest in both of those guys prior to the draft. Neither one is really a pass rusher though.

Maybe Jaime Collins? He was on our radar as well. And since he was gone, we double-dipped at CB and took Alford instead (who was apparently TD's backup 1st round pick if we couldn't get Trufant).

I think it was Jamie Collins.

I wonder who that was...

I think either Arthur Brown or Sean Porter. They showed interest in both and they both nearly fell to their 2nd and 4th round picks, respectively, which would lead to disappointment that they nearly got their guy but he was snatched away just ahead of them.

Pro Day Notes - 11:51 am ET - Former West Virginia, and current Montreal Alouttes HB Noel Devine, ran an unofficial 4.25 forty-time at the Mountaineers pro day this morning, with reps from the Bills, Bengals, 49ers, Colts, Falcons, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Jaguars, Texans, Saints and the Chargers among 24 NFL teams in attendance - Devine is looking for a shot to catch on with an NFL team...Stanford DE Trent Murphy ran a 4.72 forty-time, S Ed Reynolds ran a 4.42 forty-time,

Visits - Stanford safety Ed Reynolds has upcoming visits scheduled with the Falcons and Lions

No thankyou. Don;t really like him unless we haven't picked up a safety yet until the 4th/5th. Even then I don't like him. I hope we spend the 2nd or 3rd pick on a much better safety.

No thankyou. Don;t really like him unless we haven't picked up a safety yet until the 4th/5th. Even then I don't like him. I hope we spend the 2nd or 3rd pick on a much better safety.

not sure where the hate is coming from, hes one of the better cover safeties in this class

not sure where the hate is coming from, hes one of the better cover safeties in this class

He is not very good. His college career is essentially DeCoud's pro career. He can't tackle, takes horrible angles, can't cover and plays soft. But he had one year where he caught a lot on INTs and got hyped up. I do not know why you would try and label him a cover safety, he is far from that...