Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

two 6-2 320+ projected UDFA hogs, not bad at all.

Jones is the only one that we've supposedly shown interest in though.

more like 3rd-4th round OG.

Clemson_logo.gif Clemson

Watkins wasn't the only Clemson player receiving praise from scouts. Brandon Thomas, whose stock has been on a steady rise the past two months, further improved his draft grade today. Thomas looked terrific in position drills, effortlessly moving around the field. I'm told just about every team in attendance to watch Thomas today has him affixed to their tackle board rather than guard. People I've spoken with feel he's moved into the draft's initial 45 picks and could end up landing in the late part of round one depending how early Zach Martin comes off the board. I'm told the team to watch is the Baltimore Ravens. To date, Thomas has seven official visits on his schedule.

Clemson_logo.gif Clemson

Watkins wasn't the only Clemson player receiving praise from scouts. Brandon Thomas, whose stock has been on a steady rise the past two months, further improved his draft grade today. Thomas looked terrific in position drills, effortlessly moving around the field. I'm told just about every team in attendance to watch Thomas today has him affixed to their tackle board rather than guard. People I've spoken with feel he's moved into the draft's initial 45 picks and could end up landing in the late part of round one depending how early Zach Martin comes off the board. I'm told the team to watch is the Baltimore Ravens. To date, Thomas has seven official visits on his schedule.

Yeah, welcome to the lying season

Josh Getzoff@JGetzoffWICD

Teams I've spotted at @IlliniFootball Pro Day: KC, WSH, TEN, OAK, Indy, Falcons, Saints, Bears, Jaguars, Bengals, Texans, Patriots, Chargers

D. Orlando Ledbetter@AJCFalcons

#Clemson QB Tajh Boyd has stellar Pro Day showing. #Falcons had 2 scouts present. | #Falcons blog http://shar.es/RHXIe via @sharethis

Matt Jennings@MattAJennings

Teams with scouts (that we've seen) at #TCU Pro Day: ATL, CHI, CIN, JAX, KC, PHI.

Knox Bardeen@knoxbardeen

Billy Devaney is here at #Clemson pro day for the #Falcons

I find that one the most interesting.

Also, there are reports of lots of teams attending Liberty, Mississippi State, and Nebraska's pro days but right now I can't confirm if the Falcons were at any of those.

tnfalcon8 likes this

Wow, 6-7? Boy has his stock fallen. I remember when he was a 2nd round lock, and in first round consideration.

I think the WR group is the deepest position in this draft. Hopefully we snag up a player or two at the end of the draft.

Hmm, the workout warrior

not a workout warrior. was expected to go in the 4th or 5th round before the combine, probably a 3rd or 4th rounder now.

That's interesting since he's a similar to another prospect, Ryan Shazier. Rangy, quick and fast type of OLB. Both struggle taking on blockers but they're mop up types against the run game (ie. anything gets past the D-line they'll quickly close in and finish the play) and very sticky in coverage, but neither are edge rushers. They also went to OSU's pro day so maybe there's a pattern developing of what exactly they're looking for at the position.

Also, apparently Greg Robinson didn't do any drills at Auburn's pro day and was essentially holding private workouts to whichever team showed interest there so I'm going to include his pro day as a private workout.

Jeremy Mauss@JeremyMauss

NFL teams at BYU pro day Chargers, 49ers, Falcons, Colts, Jets, Bucs, Browns. Could be more but 16 in total

Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL

Teams in attendance for #GoWyo pro day: ATL, Bal, Buf, CAR, Chi, CLE, Dallas, Denver, GB, Indy, JAX, KC, NE, NO, NYJ, Phi, SD, SF & TB

RTRC@RoadToRadioCity

All 32 NFL teams are represented at OK St's Pro Day today per @nfldraftscout. The Justin Gilbert fascination is real.

Alabama Football@AlabamaFTBL

Alabama holds annual Pro Day for NFL Personnel with all 32 NFL teams in attendance, including three NFL head coaches. http://ow.ly/uwKLM

RaiderPower.com@RaiderPower2

Scouts from every #NFL teams were at #TTU's Pro Day Fri. Here's a look at @J_ACER22 @KerryhyderJR @E_Ward18 in action:http://texastech.scout.com/2/1384325.html

There were lots of teams at Samford, Michigan State, UAB, UCLA, UConn, West Texas A&M, Bowling Green, and Boston College pro days (Ryan was there) but I can't confirm if we had scouts or coaches at any of them.