Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

Jimmie Ward is my safety that I want outside of Pryor, and Ha Ha of course

He is a heck of a player, I don't think there's a safety in this class that fits Nolan's scheme better than Ward. But Clinton-Dix has the talent to do similar things, just didn't at Alabama.

Seems like we've worked out Trai Turner, OG from LSU.

"When I get back to Baton Rouge, it's Carolina on Wednesday and Atlanta on Thursday. Then I go to Miami on Sunday and Indianapolis on Monday.

The workouts are usually 30 minutes, just to see your mobility, how flexible you are. They want to see if you've been working on your weaknesses. I think I'm making a good impression."

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/04/diary_of_a_tiger_day_5_trai_tu.html

Clark Kent™ and Romfal like this

Anyone else think that we'll only take a tackle in the draft in the first and that's only if we miss out on Clowney and Mack?

The only 3 tackles we've paid serious attention to are Robinson, Matthews and Lewan.

If you look at our roster we have a lot of depth at the position and we're going to struggle to upgrade the position with a mid round pick.

I think plan A is to try everything we can to get Clowney or Mack in the first, we'll then take a safety like Ward in the second. I think unless we end up with one of the 3 top tackles in the first then we'll leave the position to be addressed next year.

Just putting my thoughts down on paper...

Anyone else think that we'll only take a tackle in the draft in the first and that's only if we miss out on Clowney and Mack?

The only 3 tackles we've paid serious attention to are Robinson, Matthews and Lewan.

If you look at our roster we have a lot of depth at the position and we're going to struggle to upgrade the position with a mid round pick.

I think plan A is to try everything we can to get Clowney or Mack in the first, we'll then take a safety like Ward in the second. I think unless we end up with one of the 3 top tackles in the first then we'll leave the position to be addressed next year.

Just putting my thoughts down on paper...

I agree with you. We took Holmes in the 3rd, and I don't think they're going to give up on him for another 2nd/3rd rounder after one season. It'll either be an elite guy or maybe someone later in the mid-late rounds like James Hurst or the OT from Canada, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.

Do we think of him as a possible LT?

naw. just an emergency guy for LT. he is able to play G and C tho' at NFL starter level.

He is a plug-n-play G.

Another couple very underrated guys are John Urschel and Trai Turner.

My fav "sleeper" is Urschel. Compare his athleticism numbers and you go "WOW!!" Add in that he is a good dude that just happens to be ridiculously intelligent and analytical... well I likey.

naw. just an emergency guy for LT. he is able to play G and C tho' at NFL starter level.

He is a plug-n-play G.

Another couple very underrated guys are John Urschel and Trai Turner.

My fav "sleeper" is Urschel. Compare his athleticism numbers and you go "WOW!!" Add in that he is a good dude that just happens to be ridiculously intelligent and analytical... well I likey.

He was on a show I watched and he and teams said he could play LT, RT or G and play it well. G suppose to be his main position, but again said he could play the other spots well.

Former Colts GM Bill Polian revealed his top-10 2014 Mock Draft.

We got Greg Robinson at the 6th pick. If this is how the drafts turn out, I will be very happy.

I just don't see the Rams taking OT over Sammy Watkins, but its likely we have a shot at G-Rob.

As of when I post this message when was the first page updated to reflect the most recent information?

looks like today to me

As of when I post this message when was the first page updated to reflect the most recent information?

For who they've shown interest in? It's up to date. For draft grades it's not. I thought I'd be able to modify those but with all the players there I simply don't have the time to do that.