Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

odd that we are working out WR's with second round grades. Even if they fall to the 3rd I dont see a need at WR that early?

I don't find that odd. A LOT of teams work out higher ranked prospects to get a better feel for the lower round prospects, makes it a littler easier to identify a "gem" in later rounds if you work out a 4-7th round WR then work out some 1-3 round WR to compare.

I don't find that odd. A LOT of teams work out higher ranked prospects to get a better feel for the lower round prospects, makes it a littler easier to identify a "gem" in later rounds if you work out a 4-7th round WR then work out some 1-3 round WR to compare.

To add to this: This WR class is so deep that more than a few of the 2nd-3rd round ones are bound to fall for no other reason than teams deciding to wait a bit later to take a WR in favor of taking players of less deep positions. It's potentially a bit of an NFL version of the resource curse for these WRs.

To add to this: This WR class is so deep that more than a few of the 2nd-3rd round ones are bound to fall for no other reason than teams deciding to wait a bit later to take a WR in favor of taking players of less deep positions. It's potentially a bit of an NFL version of the resource curse for these WRs.

The ultra-deep groups tend to drop in each draft because teams can afford to wait longer. The 2014 WR group is ridiculously deeeeeeep on top of the class as a whole being stooopid deep, so there will WRs drafted in late 3rd that would likely be a mid-2nd or higher WR this year.

There will WRs in the 2nd that a really good 1st rd talents.

I want Cody Latimer.

The O.D.B likes this

The ultra-deep groups tend to drop in each draft because teams can afford to wait longer. The 2014 WR group is ridiculously deeeeeeep on top of the class as a whole being stooopid deep, so there will WRs drafted in late 3rd that would likely be a mid-2nd or higher WR this year.

There will WRs in the 2nd that a really good 1st rd talents.

I want Cody Latimer.

I don't think they'll spend a 3rd round pick on a WR unless they get an extra one but if Landry, Moncrief, Matthews, or whoever else they bring in are there in the 4th because they got pushed down due to the depth at the position then I fully expect them to pull the trigger. It's not a pressing need but I feel like if a team doesn't take at least one WR in this class, especially in the mid rounds when there will be fantastic value, they're doing themselves a disservice.

I don't think they'll spend a 3rd round pick on a WR unless they get an extra one but if Landry, Moncrief, Matthews, or whoever else they bring in are there in the 4th because they got pushed down due to the depth at the position then I fully expect them to pull the trigger. It's not a pressing need but I feel like if a team doesn't take at least one WR in this class, especially in the mid rounds when there will be fantastic value, they're doing themselves a disservice.

I can't see Matthews there in the 4th, but if he is, I'd be ecstatic. I think they take him in the 3rd if he's there.

awesome. My favorite mid round WR prospect

I would be surprised if he made it to our 3rd pick... If he did .... Nooooo way he makes it out the 3rd round

I would be surprised if he made it to our 3rd pick... If he did .... Nooooo way he makes it out the 3rd round

Ditto. 3rd round could have some really good WR prospects. Many aren't a fan of taking a WR that early, but if Bryant is available there he would be an awesome pick. He is a prime example of a guy buried on a team full of weapons at Clemson. I've liked him all offseason and his stock has risen a ton due to what he could potentially be. Lord knows we also need that deep threat who can stretch the defense.

atljbo likes this

Ditto. 3rd round could have some really good WR prospects. Many aren't a fan of taking a WR that early, but if Bryant is available there he would be an awesome pick. He is a prime example of a guy buried on a team full of weapons at Clemson. I've liked him all offseason and his stock has risen a ton due to what he could potentially be. Lord knows we also need that deep threat who can stretch the defense.

Agree 100%. I'd take him in the 3rd, good chance he's BPA.

i agree ..If we're going to adjust our offense with tony gone .. i can see us adding a WR with julio on the outside .. move roddy into the slot .... Also TD saw what happen when our big deep threat got hurt (julio) .. We need another one of those options

i agree ..If we're going to adjust our offense with tony gone .. i can see us adding a WR with julio on the outside .. move roddy into the slot .... Also TD saw what happen when our big deep threat got hurt (julio) .. We need another one of those options

You do t think Hester can fill the deep threat from time to time? I do as a part time WR. We have JJ, RW, HD, DJ, DD and DH. Do we add another?

You do t think Hester can fill the deep threat from time to time? I do as a part time WR. We have JJ, RW, HD, DJ, DD and DH. Do we add another?

Hester isn't very good at catching the ball, in the first place, and he's even worse in contested situations. If we're counting on him to be our deep threat, it's going to be a long year.

Im talking about a big ... Go up and get it outside WR... Can Hester go deep.... Yes ... Im talking about a big WR that can be a consistent deep threat WR .

Hester can catch a team slipping deep but he is not a guy that can be that guy in your offense

I've been tracking player visits over on reddit and the Falcoholic and I've been entering them into a spreadsheet with all their info and measurables included. I wanted something I could print out for draft day and I figured there has to been more people out there that would like the same thing. I've gotten a positive response from them and I thought you guys might like it too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqm8K8QND7UQoV0oIewWCkQqiaPugmHIJ72pXIVvPW0/pubhtml#

There are two sheets to look at. One is sorted by position primarily (and projected round secondarily) and the other is sorted by projected round. I couldn't decide which was more useful so I just did both.

I owe you guys a thanks for keeping up this list too. I came across it about a week ago and was able to fill in seven or eight names I'd missed. So thanks!

AEFalcon and Rai like this

Hester isn't very good at catching the ball, in the first place, and he's even worse in contested situations. If we're counting on him to be our deep threat, it's going to be a long year.

Well he can sneak past the D with his speed. Plus with JJ and RW.

I'd love to add a big fast WR in the later rounds though if it's good value.

Im talking about a big ... Go up and get it outside WR... Can Hester go deep.... Yes ... Im talking about a big WR that can be a consistent deep threat WR .

Hester can catch a team slipping deep but he is not a guy that can be that guy in your offense

Gotcha.

Definitely a sleeper who can be had pretty late in the draft. Coaches son. Purely a FS and i've read analyst say he is a very sound player and is always around the ball.

Thanks Mr Kumbi! Very thorough spreadsheets, more than mine anyway. Look forward to looking over them leading up to and during draft.

Very helpful. Thanks for sharing!

AEF

Regarding Ty Zimmerman workout.

Aaron Wilson, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Kansas State safety Ty Zimmerman posted a 4.59 40-time, had a 34.5 vertical jump, an 11-5 broad jump, a 4.15 short shuttle time, and a 6.95 three-cone drill time at his pro day workout today.

Regarding Cody Latimer

Gil Brandt, of Sirius NFL Radio, reports Indiana WR Cody Latimer had to go to Indianapolis this weekend for a medical re-check concerning a screw that was placed in his foot during surgery on his broken foot.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2014_NFL_Draft.html

Thanks Mr Kumbi! Very thorough spreadsheets, more than mine anyway. Look forward to looking over them leading up to and during draft.

Very helpful. Thanks for sharing!

AEF

I'm happy to contribute! Please pass it along to anyone you know that may enjoy it as well.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 3m

S Jimmie Ward visited safety needy teams such as the #Falcons, #Ravens, #Panthers, and #Cowboys among his 12 pre-draft visits.

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider 1m

Sources: Texas A&M LB Nate Askew visited Panthers, Buccaneers, worked out for Falcons, Eagles, Texans http://bit.ly/1iBwHhF

Jimmie Ward is my safety that I want outside of Pryor, and Ha Ha of course