Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

Georgia Southern HB Jerick McKinnon, told Sirius NFL Radio, that he has performed private workouts for the Cowboys, Panthers, Eagles, Raiders and Bucs, and has upcoming private workouts scheduled with the Dolphins and Falcons...McKinnon has also worked out as a cornerback for the Bears and Texans

http://www.eastcoast..._NFL_Draft.html

Latest mock by CBS's PETE PRISCO:

1. Atlanta Falcons (trade with Houston Texans): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: The Falcons need an elite pass rusher, so they make the big move.

Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin 50m

Former #LSU RB Jeremy Hill was in Atlanta today for a meeting with the #Falcons, per a league source.

JennaLaineBucs@JennaLaineBucs 25m

Speaking of the Falcons...Former Gators WR/KR Solomon Patton has a workout with them in Gainesville tomorrow.

Another high round RB, and another KR. It seems that we might end up taking a RB, much higher than a lot of people think, and that he don't see Hester as any kind of long term solution. If we get success returning from elsewhere, I don't think that anyone should be surprised if he's cut after year one.

I've been gone for a while and I was reviewing different sites and here are 4 names that I don't think have been mentioned here yet. Most likely undrafted FA.

Apologies if they have mentioned in previous posts.

WR Seantavious Jones, Valdosta St

TE Evan Wilson, Illinois

DT Terrence Woodard,Ga State

LB Bryan Presume, Southern Illinois

http://falcfans.com/falcons-pro-day-round-up-420-11687

Virginia Tech CB Antone Exum, told Sirius NFL Radio, that he worked out as a safety for the Buccaneers and Falcons.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2014_NFL_Draft.html

It appears the Falcons are looking at another big CB to play FS which is fine by me.

I've been hoping for this one. With this safety class so poor they're going to have to think outside the box to fix the FS situation, be it drafting Breeland or Exum and moving them there.

Rai likes this

odd that we are working out WR's with second round grades. Even if they fall to the 3rd I dont see a need at WR that early?

That is odd. Could the Julio injury be a factor?

odd that we are working out WR's with second round grades. Even if they fall to the 3rd I dont see a need at WR that early?

Falcons may have them ranked as 4-5 rounders on their board or they may be looking at players available if they trade back in the first round and gain extra 2-3 round picks.

Might be looking at a tall WR in the middle of the field to replace some of Tony's production (if they don't like the early TEs). That's what I'd do. 80% of the successful slot guys aren't quick small guys anymore, but tall guys who can catch contested balls.

It also gives us insurance in case Julio or Roddy go down, as we saw how that destroyed the season (and it gets a guy ready for next year, when HD will be gone.) Lot of reasons.

To get an eye on who the panthers are drafting since the have no receivers?

To get an eye on who the panthers are drafting since the have no receivers?

why would we waste visits for that. we have a limited number of visits anyway and we don't play the Panthers until week 11

This TE class isn't all that great unless you want to take one in the first two rounds. Another way to address the need at TE is to instead build up the depth at WR and spread the ball out more, plus they can get an upgrade over Douglas this way.

This TE class isn't all that great unless you want to take one in the first two rounds. Another way to address the need at TE is to instead build up the depth at WR and spread the ball out more, plus they can get an upgrade over Douglas this way.

Yup and if anything Douglas is decent depth and a solid #4

I don't think they mind whether it's a TE or WR, just another pass catching weapon. Tony G lined up in the slot 70% of the time last season per PFF so he was essentially used as a big WR. I don't think they're concerned with Toilolo at the traditional TE spot if he does end up being the #1 TE.

I agree. I don't see a NEED to draft a TE. I'd prefer to take a late round WR, like Kevin Norwood. That guy catches everything and does it with defenders on him.

I agree. I don't see a NEED to draft a TE. I'd prefer to take a late round WR, like Kevin Norwood. That guy catches everything and does it with defenders on him.

Norwood would be nice, also like that kid from Oklahoma, Saunders was his name wasn't it

why would we waste visits for that. we have a limited number of visits anyway and we don't play the Panthers until week 11

I was mostly joking but its probably in hopes that one takes a dive in the draft

TD talked about how we fell flat after Julio injury ... I dont see us drafting a WR until the 4th round and down .... I dont think they are worrying about Julio .... I think they know a big deep threat is important to our scheme... Our season cant end because of one guy ... So we need another deep threat type guy