Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

Bolded players indicates that the team has conducted a private workout correct?

theres also letters in brackets behind each player, but bold is we specifically met with the player other than attend his proday

Private workout or visit. If they have both then they're bolded and underlined. Italics means interview.

I've mostly seen him projected in the 4th and a lot of people view him as a OG. I'm not that familiar with him though.

Never seen him that low before. People thought he had the chance to be a 1st rounder in 2015 before he declared. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107353&draftyear=2014&genpos=OT

Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin 2h

Former #LSU WR Jarvis Landry will be visiting the #Jets and #Falcons this week. Has worked out for the #Patriots, #Panthers and #49ers.

LSU's Landry and Alabama's Norwood are the type of receivers I am hoping for in this draft. They are both consistent and reliable. Both catch contested passes and both are fearless in the middle of the field.

Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin 2h

Former #LSU WR Jarvis Landry will be visiting the #Jets and #Falcons this week. Has worked out for the #Patriots, #Panthers and #49ers.

Yes! biggrin.png

Outside of Watkins and Evans, Landry is my favorite WR of the class. He isn't going to blow the top off defenses but he'll manhandle CBs and safeties to get contested balls and he has sneaky speed to pick up YAC. He reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. He'd be a perfect slot WR for us and will be solid outside the hash marks if needed there.

Moncrief, too? Coming away with either Landry or Moncrief would make me feel great about the WR position. Either could beat Douglas for the slot job and considering how TE is looking whoever wins that job will probably be a starter.

Edit: Woah! His stock has risen considerably since the last time I have checked.

atljbo likes this

More proof that they are, in no way, sold on Sjax for 2014. I'm not either.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to be "sold" on Jackson. He definitely ran harder towards the end of the season and i was impressed by it, but he had hardly any regular season carries because he missed so many games with the quad/hamstring injury. You have to imagine that had he played all year long he would have been worn down some towards the end of the year. Not to mention he is getting up there in age. And also not to mention if he goes down we have no RB who can carry the load. So i think only a ******** franchise would be sold on Jackson in our situation.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to be "sold" on Jackson. He definitely ran harder towards the end of the season and i was impressed by it, but he had hardly any regular season carries because he missed so many games with the quad/hamstring injury. You have to imagine that had he played all year long he would have been worn down some towards the end of the year. Not to mention he is getting up there in age. And also not to mention if he goes down we have no RB who can carry the load. So i think only a ******** franchise would be sold on Jackson in our situation.

I don't disagree with you, but I've often received a lot of flack on these boards, for saying very similar things.

Bl3HtbvCQAAFQBQ.jpg

Storm Johnson#8@StormJohnson8 3h

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider 1m

Source: Florida corner Jaylen Watkins has visited Falcons, Eagles, Redskins: Cornerback's b... http://bit.ly/1lBZiCh @footballpost #NFL

D. Orlando Ledbetter@AJCFalcons 6h

Auburn DE Dee Ford was dressed nice. Shirt and tie, like he was job interview while sitting on the patio with #Falcons DC Mike Nolan.

D. Orlando Ledbetter@AJCFalcons 6h

#Falcons DC Mike Nolan was sitting out on the patio chatting with Auburn DE Dee Ford on our way to film the weight training session.

Romfal and Clark Kent™ like this