Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychic Gibbon

2014 Prospects The Falcons Have Shown Interest In

493 posts in this topic

Man we have been working out a lot of late round/UDFA prospects. Hopefully, it results in us finding a few gems, like last year.

Man we have been working out a lot of late round/UDFA prospects. Hopefully, it results in us finding a few gems, like last year.

if i recall correctly we did the same last year and signed a few of them as UDFA's, including Ryan Schraeder

But seriously, just glad we are showing interest in the top OTs of the draft.

We're pretty much showing interest in everyone at the top of the draft, outside of Watkins and the QBs. Right now, it could probably go either way.

"Team select players they haven't really looked at all the time."

What??? all the time???? No way!

Not at #6 pick they don't, at least the good teams don't...... that would not be wise to spend that much money and waste a early pick without looking at a player or it my explain why some team is drafting early....no names... Oakland raiders....

Falcons looking at another big, bruising Fullback, Jay Prosch from Auburn......which makes me happy. A fundamentally sound blocking fulllback will help with any run blocking discrepancies. Prosch would improve blocking and toughness. Limited carries and pass catching at Auburn though...

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041114aaa.html

"While Auburn players went through the 11th practice of the spring Thursday, Prosch was working out for the Atlanta Falcons. The next snap he takes will be in the NFL. Auburn coaches are search for his successor, or successors."

hjerry likes this

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-morgan-state-corner-joe-rankin-invited-to-nfl-super-regional-combine-20140409,0,7034448.story

Joe Rankin,CB Murray State

Rankin performed positional drills for the Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles, Lions, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons and the Indianapolis Colts. NFL teams like his versatility as someone who can play cornerback, nickel or safety.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-morgan-state-corner-joe-rankin-invited-to-nfl-super-regional-combine-20140409,0,7034448.story#ixzz2yid4EOSn

Falcons looking at another big, bruising Fullback, Jay Prosch from Auburn......which makes me happy. A fundamentally sound blocking fulllback will help with any run blocking discrepancies. Prosch would improve blocking and toughness. Limited carries and pass catching at Auburn though...

http://www.auburntig.../041114aaa.html

"While Auburn players went through the 11th practice of the spring Thursday, Prosch was working out for the Atlanta Falcons. The next snap he takes will be in the NFL. Auburn coaches are search for his successor, or successors."

I would be very happy if we got Prosch.

We're pretty much showing interest in everyone at the top of the draft, outside of Watkins and the QBs. Right now, it could probably go either way.

I think it is to not give a clear indicator which way you are leaning in case you do want to shop the pick.

But seriously, just glad we are showing interest in the top OTs of the draft.

Also showing equal interest in the top 3 pass rushers, and pretty well equally split between 2nd round OTs and pass rushers as well. Falcons probably want a particular player to drop to 6, but they're setting it up so they can take BPA at 6 if needed.

If we come out of this offseason with Asamoah, Robinson at #6, Terrance West, and Copeland then our run game is going to be severely improved.

Word. How well does West catch? I want to be able to run the ball, but having versatility at that RB and TE position still really helps. He actually looks to have good hands in drills, but didn't know if anybody knew how he showed up catching in games.

Word. How well does West catch? I want to be able to run the ball, but having versatility at that RB and TE position still really helps. He actually looks to have good hands in drills, but didn't know if anybody knew how he showed up catching in games.

He catches fine. They just did not throw to him much. IIRC he had around 20 catches.

Terance West is a Hoss. My fav RB of the more highly rated group.

Another one that is lower but very very very similar is Lorenzo Taliaferro from Coastal Carolina.