Dt Is More Important Then De

TrueFalcon316

People don't know football on here DT is the most important on the DL. Everyone wants the flashy pass rushing DE but in order for the DE to get those big number sacks you need a dominating big DT. Name a greater pass rusher in the NFL and I'll name the the DT that's commanding double teams and collapsing the pocket so the QB can't step up in the pocket. perfect example last year when Justin Smith of the 9ers when down you seen how average Aldon Smith looked? It's all about the DT get two good big DT and watch these DE shine im not saying they'll have 15 sacks but they will cause problems on the edge.

People don't know football on here DT is the most important on the DL. Everyone wants the flashy pass rushing DE but in order for the DE to get those big number sacks you need a dominating big DT. Name a greater pass rusher in the NFL and I'll name the the DT that's commanding double teams and collapsing the pocket so the QB can't step up in the pocket. perfect example last year when Justin Smith of the 9ers when down you seen how average Aldon Smith looked? It's all about the DT get two good big DT and watch these DE shine im not saying they'll have 15 sacks but they will cause problems on the edge.

With all the crap people talk about TD, you'd think half of them on here were TD. No one seems to understand how fundamental a pocket collapsing DT is.

yeah because abe always had big dts commanding double teams so he got all those sacks when he was here.

Abe put up pro-bowl numbers, but we still left a pocket the size of Montana for QBs to step into. Case in point: 2012 Broncos game. We came out strong and had push up the middle, but then Jelly and Co. got tired and lazy by the 2nd half, and boom, 26-21... with Denver almost coming back. That happened WAY too much, and it's because one guy alone can rack up sacks, but he can't nullify a QB from the game like a pocket collapser can.

I'm in this camp. We need bigger dts to collapse the pocket. With that, the kids we have would get it done at end. Abe was a special breed of passrusher. There aren't many like him.

We just need mean n nasty. Bigger doesn't mean they can push the pocket. They can be soft as cookie dough. Sapp was 305 and pushed everybody around. We just need bullies up front that's all. I've seen 340 pound p*ssies get pushed around but they weren't mean enough. Wasn't a bully. Dline has to be played with an attitude. If they're gonna be big they still need to be mean n nasty.

Abe put up pro-bowl numbers, but we still left a pocket the size of Montana for QBs to step into. Case in point: 2012 Broncos game. We came out strong and had push up the middle, but then Jelly and Co. got tired and lazy by the 2nd half, and boom, 26-21... with Denver almost coming back. That happened WAY too much, and it's because one guy alone can rack up sacks, but he can't nullify a QB from the game like a pocket collapser can.

That's not what happened. They started handing the ball off and running well and play action started killing us. That's how Peyton heated up. Plus Julio was off that game. Had a couple of key drops.

doesnt that describe what Peria Jelly was supposed to be? bowling ball of knives or something like that?

We just need mean n nasty. Bigger doesn't mean they can push the pocket. They can be soft as cookie dough. Sapp was 305 and pushed everybody around. We just need bullies up front that's all. I've seen 340 pound p*ssies get pushed around but they weren't mean enough. Wasn't a bully. Dline has to be played with an attitude. If they're gonna be big they still need to be mean n nasty.

I agree we need both in the worst way. I kind of have them as a 1a and 1b. I would be happy with either. With Babs getting older and Peters getting hurt and Robertson the only DT under contract (who sucks and could be cut), i think you have to put more emphasis on the DT position, whether it is through UFA or the draft (or both).

I think it's safe to say that we're going to bring in a good free agent on both lines and stack the draft the same way.

We could use a dynamic kick returner since we don't use A Smith for anything but kick coverage.

There's some other positions that could use a shot of talent obviously but these are must haves at this point.

doesnt that describe what Peria Jelly was supposed to be? bowling ball of knives or something like that?

Yea. Coming out of ol miss he was exactly that. That knee took his strength. The 2 games he played before injury he was looking like Sapp. Abe had 2 sacks in the first game on peria's side and ended up with 4.5 on the year after losing him.

Really hope we add to the interior D-line. The DTs are the foundation of a defense. Good DTs make average DEs stars and that pass rush makes the LBs and DBs look good.

I know some people are not big on our LBs or our DEs, but i would like to see the focus first be on the DTs. THEN, if there are still issues at LB or DE, we can fix that, but only after we have the foundation for our defense really set.

I am not sure about the prospects in the draft, as i dont watch college ball, but i think trading down and trying to grab a top DT and OT in the draft would be wise.. if there is such a Dt in the draft this year that could be our anchor in the middle. If not, maybe we can grab a Dt in FA and draft differently.. who knows.. i just really want to see the interior line become something other teams are afraid of.

Really hope we add to the interior D-line. The DTs are the foundation of a defense. Good DTs make average DEs stars and that pass rush makes the LBs and DBs look good.

I know some people are not big on our LBs or our DEs, but i would like to see the focus first be on the DTs. THEN, if there are still issues at LB or DE, we can fix that, but only after we have the foundation for our defense really set.

I am not sure about the prospects in the draft, as i dont watch college ball, but i think trading down and trying to grab a top DT and OT in the draft would be wise.. if there is such a Dt in the draft this year that could be our anchor in the middle. If not, maybe we can grab a Dt in FA and draft differently.. who knows.. i just really want to see the interior line become something other teams are afraid of.

Thank you a man that finally gets it

hes someone who doesnt seem to have a pleasant disposition...

he was a part of that D that beat florida when florida was so dominant in 08

Yea. Coming out of ol miss he was exactly that. That knee took his strength. The 2 games he played before injury he was looking like Sapp. Abe had 2 sacks in the first game on peria's side and ended up with 4.5 on the year after losing him.

You mean like what happened to Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap after Geno Atkins went out?

Or

What happened to Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson when the interior of their line could do anything against the 49ers?

Yeah you are right!

Archived