The Two Picks

Wokezone

We are either drafting Clowney if he falls to 6 or Stephon Tuitt. Either one is going to make a significant impact on this team. Tuitt is rated middle 1st right now but will move up after the combine. He is versatile and can play at the 4-3 De,Dt or the 34 De.

Edited by T-Falcon

We are either drafting Clowney if he falls to 6 or Stephon Tuitt. Either one is going to make a significant impact on this team. Tuitt is rated middle 1st right now but will move up after the combine. He is versatile and can play at the 4-3 De,Dt or the 34 De.

Didn't Tuitt have Nix playing next to him? It would be interesting to know who made who better.

I hate that the combine results influence the draft so much, I think TD falls into that trap a lot. Might explain why we end up with better athletes than we do football players.

Didn't Tuitt have Nix playing next to him? It would be interesting to know who made who better.

I hate that the combine results influence the draft so much, I think TD falls into that trap a lot. Might explain why we end up with better athletes than we do football players.

He didnt have Nix next to him this year and he went from 12 sacks to 7.5 and 13 TFL to 9.

I'm sure some of that is because he was the only threat on the line and was double teamed. I dont watch ND though so I could be off base.

He is versatile and can play at the 4-3 De,Dt or the 34 De.

I'll admit that I don't know anything about him, but this statement makes me want to steer clear. How about we try something different and draft someone who is a freaking stud at one thing, and not good at 3 different positions.

I don't like Tuitt that much. I wouldn't cry if we took him cause we are adding a big DT and its what we need, but i'm not impressed with him. I think his athleticism is a little bit over hyped.

I can see why you would have that opinion based on last season but his sluggishness had a lot to do with getting a sports hernia surgery near the start of the season. He wasn't able to work out in the lead up to the season which caused him to have to play out of shape and overweight. Despite that he still produced very well. I'm not worried about him bouncing back.

I'll admit that I don't know anything about him, but this statement makes me want to steer clear. How about we try something different and draft someone who is a freaking stud at one thing, and not good at 3 different positions.

I don't think you understand he is a stud at all those positions. Think Houston who is a free agent but cheaper

Oh god! are you mad? we still ned OT and OG - those are more important - we can get a DT in the 2nd a 4th round DE is not a problem...

The Falcons already have plenty of mid-late round DEs on the roster.

I would not be surprised if most of the o-line is fixed in FA because it might not be a good thing to have 2-3 rookie o-linemen starting at the same time if the Falcons intend to immediately improve the o-line.

or we could draft somebody who is versitile and can play both schemes because, well, we run a 4-3 and a 3-4 both.

I can clear the air a little bit on Tuitt as I'm a huge ND fan, last year he was in full beast mode. He also had Nix and Teo playing with him along with Motta and Shembo. Prince Shembo is there still but those other guys aren't. Tuitt still played great this year. The numbers don't reflect it but he was one of the top DTs I believe.

He's got the strength to collapse the pocket and he's got pretty good speed for a DT. I wouldn't say he's a project at all but a good coach could make him better. I wouldn't be mad at all to see him on the D-line next year.

THANK YOU.

Post of the year so far. The term "Cross-trainable" coming out of Flowery Branch should make every Falcon fan nauseous at this point.