Quick Question!

Dirtybird#11

I know it stings Falcons fans to see the 49ers and Seahawks go at it but do yall think we the team we had at the beginning of the year with Biermann and Julio an Spoon could beat the Hawks or 49ers this sunday at there home stadiums?NO this isnt a last yeat thread this is a truthful question about the beginning of the year!Could we beat them with the starting lineup we had vs NO in the superdome first game of the year with Roddy and Spoon also cause they didnt play that game????

Even with Julio at wide receiver and Yahweh at defensive end, this team would still have had trouble pushing 500. This is coming from one of the biggest homers on this board.

I disagree, when we got some of the guys back from injury, we played pretty strong games against two playoff teams with something to play for. We might not have been world beaters but I think we would have made the playoffs and played pretty decently.

Edited by CFD838

We'd maybe win 6 games if fully healthy

If we were good teams would take us more seriously when we played them. I think we'd have a shot against San Fran, not Seattle though

6 games?? - pretty sure we could easily get 9-10 wins with a full list. However we couldn't beat the top 8 teams with our below average O and D lines.

6 games?? - pretty sure we could easily get 9-10 wins with a full list. However we couldn't beat the top 8 teams with our below average O and D lines.

No chance, no way. Our o-line wasn't nearly OK enough to allow the offense to do anything

There wasn't a major loss outside of Julio and Roddy, everyone else was solid at best

I think we wouldve looked similar to last years team. Without trying to sound like a Ryan-Homer, (which I am not) I think people forget just how much Ryan did for the O-Line in 2012. Its not as losing Clabo suddenly destroyed our line. We were never strong up front, we just found ways to hide it. On defense I feel that we wouldve played well enough to keep ourselves in games. I still think the defense and guys like DeCoud really feel off once it was obvious that we weren't going anywhere. They seemed to get down on themseleves about midseason and from what I could see, it seemed like the effort and heart just wasn't there in the 2nd half of the season. I think the team we brought into the season (when they were playing with confidence) would compete with both Seattle and San Fran.

Dont take this the wrong way. I think the fact that DeCoud and Co. gave up on the season (in my opinion) is warrant for replacement. I think it was a good thing to see who on this roster could handle adversity. Obviously a lot of guys really struggled with it. I also would like to mention that saying I think our week 1 team could compete with the big boys doesn't mean I think we will compete with this roster next season when healthy. I think guys like DeCoud, Baker, Spoon, Nic, etc.. lost their confidence this season and aren't the same players they were before. I believe in stuff like that. Thats why tanking is such a bad strategy.

No chance, no way. Our o-line wasn't nearly OK enough to allow the offense to do anything

There wasn't a major loss outside of Julio and Roddy, everyone else was solid at best

We were 5th in passing yards this year with one of the sorriest OL to ever be fielded by an NFL team AND without JJ.

#ryanisgood

So having JJ and Roddy healthy all year only nets us 2 extra wins. C'mon man I know some people like to revel in the negative but those too alone get us at least four wins. However it's the loss of KB and spoon that really hurt. They are both average to above average players but they are critical to our defence structure. Spoon for his sideline to sideline range and KB for his versatility. People need to realise our defence - like denvers - is built around not losing a game and not actually being able to win a game thru dominating defence. IMHO the injury the coaches didn't think would be as critical was mike Johnston. Remember Holmes was never meant to start this year he was backing up baker and Holmes. I put this on all on TD.

It's going to sound weird, but bad coaching, injuries and luck aside,I think our the biggest mistakes this year were letting Todd walk, not resigning Abe and letting Tony sit out the off-season programs. I can easily add not sitting Roddy until healthy, but I said injuries aside.

I know it stings Falcons fans to see the 49ers and Seahawks go at it but do yall think we the team we had at the beginning of the year with Biermann and Julio an Spoon could beat the Hawks or 49ers this sunday at there home stadiums?NO this isnt a last yeat thread this is a truthful question about the beginning of the year!Could we beat them with the starting lineup we had vs NO in the superdome first game of the year with Roddy and Spoon also cause they didnt play that game????

NO we could not beat them with that starting lineup. Why? Because that starting lineup always found a way to lose by either Jackson dropping the game winning TD score, or by DeCoud missing a tackle or a pass defense.

Teams have a character that evolves each season. The Falcons character this season was soft, injury prone, mistake prone and always coming up short.

Hopefully, our character reverts back to finding a way to win next year.

The 2013 Falcons have to go down as one of the worst Falcons teams ever.

It's going to sound weird, but bad coaching, injuries and luck aside,I think our the biggest mistakes this year were letting Todd walk, not resigning Abe and letting Tony sit out the off-season programs. I can easily add not sitting Roddy until healthy, but I said injuries aside.

Letting McClure retire hurt us this year, but hopefully helped us in the long run. OR maybe it just hurt us this year.

Abe wouldn't have been an upgrade over Osi

And TG was lights out like always after the first 2-3 games, not sure why you think that hurt us so much.

Letting McClure retire hurt us this year, but hopefully helped us in the long run. OR maybe it just hurt us this year.

And TG was lights out like always after the first 2-3 games, not sure why you think that hurt us so much.

Who said you couldn't have Osi and Abe?

We had a chance to do that

In a push, I think we could have been 8 and 8. Too many things went wrong this season. No turnovers being generated, creating too many turnovers of our own, piss poor fundamentals from blocking and tackling, iffy player assessment, stubborn adherence to poor play calling etc. Had all our hurt players played, if we had had some stability, 8 and 8 would have been what we could have hoped for.

We almost beat SF without Julio when they were fighting for playoff position.

Besides my auto correct destroying what I tried to type, Todd leaving killed the communication and continuity on the line and we never recovered after pushing Holmes in early because of the Johnson injury and losing Baker. We shuffled guys all year trying to find a combination that would work.

Abe leaving killed us because he was probably our most respected and feared player and would have been a nice pair with Osi. We hardly generated any sacks at all this year from the DE position. I think his tenacity and presence was sorely missed.

The reason I mention Tony was because I believe it set a bad precedence early on in the year. Of course he didn't need it because he's a machine, but I think the perception across the team had an effect. I also believe having him there early would have impressed even more good work habits with others on the team. It also showed a level of leniency that maybe we didn't need, although I know why the staff made the exception. His production wasn't my worry even though the first couple games he still wasn't quite in game shape.