Offseason Mock 2.0 (Trade For Clowney)

datchrisb1

Bring back: Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Robert McClain, Drew Davis, Joe Hawley, and Chase Coffman

Free Agents: Breno Giacomini OT, Jordan Gross OT, (maybe Vance Walker)

Trade up with Rams (trade this years 1st, 2nd and 6th, next years 2nd: receive 2nd pick overall)

according to trade matrix that is what it might take, still depends on the type of demand placed on the pick.

1. Jadeveon Clowney DE- S. Carolina

3. Shamar Stephen DT- Connecticut

4. Jalen Saunders WR/KR- Oklahoma

5. Antone Exum CB/S- Virginia Tech

7. Justin Ellis DT- Louisiana Tech

Guest King Jigsaw

Horrible. I guess we just won't take advantage of all the talented OGs in this draft. It's not out biggest hole on the o-line or anything..

If you listen to TD interview he did he pretty muc said what we going to do. Sign a vet RG draft a T either Matthews or Robinson.sign a big DT and add another DT in the second

wow, I listened to the interview but did not hear a that. Did you tape the interview and play it backwards ala "Stairway to Heaven"?

I knew that Dimitroff was 'da Devil!!!

No, not a horrible draft. I don't think we are drafting high on the O-line. We are already young there, they are signing a veteran "who ever" they think they need to supplement it. It didn't preform well as a UNIT, everybody on the O-line is suspect last year really. We aren't drafting a guard, we are signing a guard.

Was thinking if we signed Gross and Breno, 1. it would add depth if anything, 2. we reduce Holmes inside to RG, 3. high competition creates consistency 4. high competition moves the bar up as far as standards of accepted play as a starter.

BUT SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE NOT DRAFTING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN EARLY. THEY WILL USE FREE AGENCY.

Edited by datchrisb1

I stopped reading after you gave up that many draft picks for JaDeveon Clowney. Sorry, but the most I would give up is a 3rd round pick and a late round pick like a 6th or 7th. I know that probably wouldn't be enough, but we have too large of a deficit in terms of depth on this team to be giving up two 2nd round picks and a sixth round pick for a boom or bust player.

If you listen to TD interview he did he pretty muc said what we going to do. Sign a vet RG draft a T either Matthews or Robinson.sign a big DT and add another DT in the second

I heard the TD interview, and I didn't get that out of it at all. He just said that we need to address the RG position at one point this offseason and that he still thinks there's potential from Konz. Smith has said in the past that we will be keeping Baker at left tackle and giving him all the opportunities to come back the starter this offseason, so I don't get how people are reading into this situation like that.

We don't have depth issues, at least realistic depth issues. When the starters get hurt it is going to be some kind of drop off. As long as the offensive line and defensive line continues to play to a certain level then the team would be okay. We need to improve the offensive line and defensive line, that's mainly it really. Look at all the teams still playing, the Patriots especially, every team still playing could lose anybody at any position with the exception of the QB and still be competitive as long as the offensive and defensive line still continues to play at a good level.

We stopped being competitive because we couldn't rush the passer, couldn't stop the run, couldn't run the ball, and couldn't protect the passer. Simple as that. Team depth wasn't the major issue. Football is really all about controlling the line of scrimmage. We don't need to sign 3 or 4 players and turn around and draft 7+ players. Teams like the Browns, Redskins, Oakland, yea but not us. Not in that kind of shape.

Given there comments I see them mainly doing the improvement along the offensive line through free agency, a RG and RT or 2 OTs move Holmes inside as I did. They may pick up a DT, but the draft will be mostly on the defensive side of the ball and assess the defensive line early.

And TD is batting 60% as far as moving up. He drafted Baker, Jones, and Trufant by being aggressive, targeting a specific player and moving up. It would have been 4/5 instead of 3/5 if Brandon Graham got pass Philly, most don't know that. I wouldn't mind this draft, would I prefer we stay where we are yea I would, but I do see this draft and off season improving the team where it needs to improve at.

The team doesn't need a total overhaul like a lot of you guys are demanding for. RT, RG or 2 OT probably through FA, a DE (maybe 2), beef up front at DT (probably 3, 1 FA and 2 drafted), that's 7-8 players including FA. Bring back Peters, Babs, Hawley, and McClain specifically (maybe Johnson, Jerry, and Coffman), that's whats needed to make it too the big dance next year. Drafting a safety, RB, TE, and LB would be a bonus, as in if we find good value at those positions late that's a great BONUS, but there not needed.

Your probably right. That is the least we would have too give up to move to 2. It depends on the player there, RG3 drew 3 first round picks, he is a QB worth more. Clowney would probably draw more, just not 3 firsts, but like I said we need to spend that much at the least. Personally I would prefer us not moving or going the other direction. I did it because I was noticing all of the Clowney trade mocks wasn't realistic.

Bring back: Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Robert McClain, Drew Davis, Joe Hawley, and Chase Coffman

Free Agents: Breno Giacomini OT, Jordan Gross OT, (maybe Vance Walker)

Trade up with Rams (trade this years 1st, 2nd and 6th, next years 2nd: receive 2nd pick overall)

according to trade matrix that is what it might take, still depends on the type of demand placed on the pick.

1. Jadeveon Clowney DE- S. Carolina

3. Shamar Stephen DT- Connecticut

4. Jalen Saunders WR/KR- Oklahoma

5. Antone Exum CB/S- Virginia Tech

7. Justin Ellis DT- Louisiana Tech

I'm not against it, if we signed a FA G. I doubt gross will leave panties. I like giacomini as a RT. But that said, who knows if falcons have given up on Konz. I know folks can't stand him, but it's not unusual for a guy going into his 3rd year to have lightbulb coming in.

I like Clowney cost, but that's way high to pick Stephen--right now he's a projected 5/6 round guy. But if he goes to combine that could change.

Saunders to me is another , even smaller Rodgers (James ). Quick twitch, slow in long speed. Don't care for pick

Exum, I'm cool with. Psychic Gibbon showed me light on him lol

I like Ellis in 7th. Big fat boy

Regardless what folks say, this isn't terrible.

I'm not against it, if we signed a FA G. I doubt gross will leave panties. I like giacomini as a RT. But that said, who knows if falcons have given up on Konz. I know folks can't stand him, but it's not unusual for a guy going into his 3rd year to have lightbulb coming in.

I like Clowney cost, but that's way high to pick Stephen--right now he's a projected 5/6 round guy. But if he goes to combine that could change.

Saunders to me is another , even smaller Rodgers (James ). Quick twitch, slow in long speed. Don't care for pick

Exum, I'm cool with. Psychic Gibbon showed me light on him lol

I like Ellis in 7th. Big fat boy

Regardless what folks say, this isn't terrible.

First and more importantly kick returners don't necessarily need long speed, but to add most short in stature guys never have good long speed. For example Tavon Austin doesn't have good long speed, he gets from 0 - 60 in a hurry, probably faster than anybody but he doesn't have good long speed. He's the best in the 40 and 100, put him in the 200 or 400 and he's just average. That's going to be just about anybody under 5'9 5'10 really. 5'10 is borderline. Kick returners don't need long speed, wide receivers who take the top off do i.e. Robert Meachem, Randy Moss, etc... but not kick returners. Don't see him and James being that similar, maybe only in stature. And Stephen stock fluxuates from week to week just like everyone else. What I noticed is he was a late 3rd rounder during the season, season over his stock drops. ??? I've always been a fan of him, I like his tools, big strong, able to play the nose, quick enough to contribute as a 3 or under. I like him, could it be too high, of course, but too me until late March gets here none of these "projected" ratings are accurate. All you can do is go off what you think and a compilation of projections over time.