Smith What Were You Thinking

Xfactor

I don't like Cutler but I actually felt sorry for the guy during this time watching him get sacked over and over. I had no idea Tice was the OL coach !!! Ryan is going to get killed.

The Falcons offensive line allowed 44 sacks, 100 quarterback hits and allowed quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Dominique Davis to be hurried on 206 plays. On 38.4 percent of the pass attempts last season, the pocket was compromised.

However, Tice's lines have had trouble protecting the passer, too.

In his seven seasons as an offensive line coach, his unit was ranked in the bottom 10 in sacks allowed three times. In 2010, his Chicago Bears line led the league with 56 sacks allowed. In 2011, his Chicago line gave up 49 sacks, fifth-worst in the league. In 2001, his Minnesota line gave up 47 sacks, which ranked seventh-worst in the league.

He has worse stats than Hill

Mike Smith /smh

Edited by Xfactor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like tice but I'm not sold on him being some type of savior for our pass protection woes.

No one can save this current O-line --the questionis how much of it can they get changed this offseason--then just how much Tice can improve the RUN blocking --that's his strong suite RUN blocking. Just hope he can also help the pass blocking.

SMITH was probably thinking "I've got a game in 3 weeks and not O-line coach and no D-line coach"

You really believe Dimitroff walked into Smith's office and said "I hired Mike Tice deal with it "

Smith absolutley picked Tice

From what I've heard from bears fans, tice is a hard a@@..just what we need to get rid of this soft, choir boy offensive line we have.To go based his past body of work from years ago is insane..give the man a chance before you prejudge Off his body of work.

I was never okay with this hire. I don't see it going well but I pray to the heavens I'm wrong.

I am with you on this one, and as Xfactor said What is Smith or TD thinking? I have never been a big fan of Tice. But I guess we will have to wait and see if he can turn things around with what he is given. I am praying for the best but thinking it may be a bad decision.

Mike Martz was the OC. his system is known to get the quarterback killed. Kurt Warner will attest to it. Marshall Faulk will attest to it. And they had big success with it. You have to throw quick in it or your dead. Cutler was holding the ball too long. Also the bears had some busts of first round draft picks on their line.

The thinking in flowery branch is that with some fire lit under some arses and a piece here and there. We will a lot better than performed. They may might be right because in the last 4 games at times they actually were blocking people (not the last game obviously.... but i digress).

I have zero idea how to rate OL potential in a player so i will take their word for it. But DB, RB, LB, FB, DL and WR i am good (even though i thought Greg Little was going to be a beast).

Having watched the Bears quite a bit during those years, I'd say the biggest reason for those sacks was simply a QB that refused to get rid of the football.

A lot of that was predicated on the Martz offense. He didn't like to use a receiving TE and preferred his QB to stand there over and over looking to strike downfield....hysterical given the fact that the weapons Chicago had on offense were atrocious.

I don't know that Tice is the perfect fit, but I don't think the Bears tenure is the way to assess it.

I am with you on this one, and as Xfactor said What is Smith or TD thinking? I have never been a big fan of Tice. But I guess we will have to wait and see if he can turn things around with what he is given. I am praying for the best but thinking it may be a bad decision.

I would have liked someone that has a history of making guys excel but I think in this instance we went with an attitude adjustment over technique. He has plenty of experience though and the players will probably relate because he played the game at the highest level and I think there's some value in that.