Just My Opinion…

domeOFpain

Just My Opinion…

I think that 90% of the people that post on this OPINION board are Falcon fans. The word opinion is a noun that provides a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. The opinion is per that individual.

In Internet slang, a “Troll” is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I have purposely read four other FOOTBALL sites this year of teams where fans have known to be hard core fans – they call players out all the time. Those fans are not “called Trolls”. They are called fans with an opinion they voice. Go figure?

This Falcon Fan Forum Board, which I have been a member of for many/many years ( and called a Troll several times this year) has transcended, in my opinion, into a high schooled or college kid Board with very little knowledge of the game. (Again, my opinion). I can live with that, it takes time to learn the game…

Just because someone has an opinion different than yours, does not make them a Troll…it makes them a Fan WITH THEIR opinion... So it's their opinion. I am not a Matt Ryan fan - but I am not a troll. I love the Falcons.

GO FALCONS, FALCONS, GO!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

from your post i see that you are indeed a real Falcon fan. You sound fair, realistic and even mature, All the afore mentioned traits, unfortunately, will stir up antimosity toward you on these boards,as you probaly already know. It seems like a member is labeled either a homer or troll. No middle ground opionions allowed recently

from your post i see that you are indeed a real Falcon fan. You sound fair, realistic and even mature, All the afore mentioned traits, unfortunately, will stir up antimosity toward you on these boards,as you probaly already know. It seems like a member is labeled either a homer or troll. No middle ground opionions allowed recently

bahahaha have you ever read one of his posts or do you just wanna align with all the "edgy" posters?

Pretty sure that this thread was created to spark an argument. Troll.

I started this post because I remember the days, times, that this board was a forum to discuss Falcon football - in your or my own opinion. I am a die hard Falcon fan, not just a specific player fan. The team stays, players come and go. ("I hate y'all"). So, if you are a Falcon fan, who said that, and under what circumstances?

With you and other people who are often designated as being trolls, it's not the message that you bring in any particular post or thread...

It's the fact that the message is almost always about the same player, time after time, ad infinitum, with the same or similar derogatory remarks being delivered each and every time.

Honestly, when I see a thread started by you and/or about 5 or 6 different people on this forum I know exactly who and what it's going to be about.

It's one of the worst two things someone can be on a message board: Predictable and boring.

With you and other people who are often designated as being trolls, it's not the message that you bring in any particular post or thread...

It's the fact that the message is almost always about the same player, time after time, ad infinitum, with the same or similar derogatory remarks being delivered each and every time.

Honestly, when I see a thread started by you and/or about 5 or 6 different people on this forum I know exactly who and what it's going to be about.

It's one of the worst two things someone can be on a message board: Predictable and boring.

Leave it to Gritz to sum up the situation perfectly. That's why we need you here man. smile.png

Everyone has the right to express their opinion.

Other users of the forum have a reciprocal right to question or dissect these opinions. They also have the right to express their opinion re: your opinion.

I don't call everyone who has an alternate opinion of things a troll. I DO label those that approach the discussions with ZERO credible foundation or intellectual dishonesty as trollish. Re: Matt Ryan, if you attempt to appeal to 25 other starting QBs for bits and pieces of a case against him, then yeah, you're trending toward troll.

Well the cute thing about trolls is no matter how much time they waste here trying to piss people off nothing they say has any impact on the team.

Ryan is going to be the QB for at least 5 more years, TD is going to be the GM for the next couple of years, Smith has at least one more year.

All of these things are going to be the reality of the situation no matter how much the trolls yell.

It is quite funny to see them waste so much time here on something they cannot change.

Edited by MAD597

QFT.

A creative troll is sort of amusing. Guys like OP and several others are just sad and depressing.

Also, the existence of opinions, similar or divergent, does NOT preclude the existence of a correct answer or opinions that are more valid than others. All opinions are not equal.

True enough, and I might be getting into semantics here, but there is a great deal about football that is still open to interpretation.

Example: A quick look at Ryan's interception numbers might lead one to believe that he was much more careless with the ball this year than last.....until you factor in the fact that his top two receivers were MIA for a great deal of the season and he was working behind a patchwork offensive line.

He still threw those 17 interceptions but there are reasons that make that stat alone open for debate and discussion.

...and I would hardly classify myself or be categorized as a Ryan apologist.

True enough, and I might be getting into semantics here, but there is a great deal about football that is still open to interpretation.

Example: A quick look at Ryan's interception numbers might lead one to believe that he was much more careless with the ball this year than last.....until you factor in the fact that his top two receivers were MIA for a great deal of the season and he was working behind a patchwork offensive line.

He still threw those 17 interceptions but there are reasons that make that stat alone open for debate and discussion.

Thing is given the amount of attempts he had 17 int's are not that horrible. Look at eli with 27 INT's if you want to talk about an INT problem.

People act like Ryan is an INT machine yet he never went through the INT problems that Peyton, Eli, Favre or Brees ever had.

153 TD and 77 int's in your first 6 years is pretty **** good as far as all time numbers go.Yet people act like Ryan leads the league in INT's every year.

Sure, context will always matter. But when you combine data with trends and filter it through context, you get something resembling objective reality.

There's a reason the football outsiders guys said that Ryan might be the most underrated QB in the league....its because he consistently performs at a high level, even this season when everything went wrong.

That's not to say the discussion shouldnt/cant be had. Just to say that the extreme opinions expressed by some don't quite match up with what has actually happened.