After Watching This Weekend.

kiwifalcon

I'm watching this this weekend and it only reaffirmed for me o-line has to be the #1 go get.

NE & the 9ers o-lines were great in there respective games.

Guys like Hardy & Johnson today were held in check by great OT and G play upfront.

Also a NE team with no weapons to speak of just pummeled that Colts defensive front.

I have changed my tack completely this off season if we don't surround Ryan with that sought of protection and give us the ability to play smash mouth in the play-offs I fear regardless of what sought of defense we put out there we may get 1 win in the play-offs but we just aren't going all the way.

All of the teams had good defense too...you get mad when we give up 2 leads in back to back playoff games but still think offense is more important than defense? Trying to find the quick fix is what has hurt this team...take a 2 year hiatus from playoff hunting and build a super bowl team instead of a regular season team

Guest Negatorris

We need to get some mean blockers and impose our will by running the football to soften up defenses. Then let Ryan sit back during playaction with 0 pressure and slice up opposing defenses.

On the other hand look at the Hawks. They gave up the most sacks in the league this year if i'm not mistaken and their defense just put them in the NFCCG.

I see the point that O-Line should be numero uno but i still say we need to revamp the D if we do anything.

I still catch crap for this, but I really wanted to work on the trenches in '08 with those top draft picks. Felt like we could power run, defense, average QB our way to some wins and invite a better QB later on...

Now we have to build the trenches still (mostly defense) so Matt Ryan can get some games. We basically need every position on the OL...so...

Nothings changed for me it still o-line all the way with a Run stuffer for the defense.

The off season Mantra has to be Run the F/Ball and Stop the Run and protect our investment in Ryan.

Now I understand a fair % of this board want defense but without protection for our best player we are a dead duck.

Nothings changed for me it still o-line all the way with a Run stuffer for the defense.

The off season Mantra has to be Run the F/Ball and Stop the Run and protect our investment in Ryan.

Now I understand a fair % of this board want defense but without protection for our best player we are a dead duck.

I'm glad. This cheering for teh pasching leegz was getting on my nerves.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

On the other hand look at the Hawks. They gave up the most sacks in the league this year if i'm not mistaken and their defense just put them in the NFCCG.

I see the point that O-Line should be numero uno but i still say we need to revamp the D if we do anything.

Seattle actually has a really stout offensive line, they just had so many injuries there this year.