Todd Grantham Leaves Uga For Louisville

lju713

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this year's winner of the Lane Kiffin Memorial Failing Upwards Trophy is.....

Since when is DC at Louisville a better job than DC at Georgia? He probably wouldn't get a DC job for a while after getting canned in Athens, I'm sure he realized that.

Best of luck to him. I'm glad we can move in a different direction though.

Since when is DC at Louisville a better job than DC at Georgia? He probably wouldn't get a DC job for a while after getting canned in Athens, I'm sure he realized that.

Best of luck to him. I'm glad we can move in a different direction though.

Getting a raise and a new contract is better than getting fired next year no matter where it is. Trust me, Grantham couldn't have said "YES!" any faster to this offer.

Getting a raise and a new contract is better than getting fired next year no matter where it is. Trust me, Grantham couldn't have said "YES!" any faster to this offer.

Exactly! It tells me he knew he couldn't fix this D and he'd be fired next season. This is great for us (next guy can't be any worse...oh I hope ) and obviously a wise move on his part.

Wow. I wonder if this was like when BVG was advised by the falcons to find a job elsewhere so he didn't have to be fired.

Oh, it was definitely what you are speculating. Who would ever leave an SEC DC job to take that role unless there was "motivation" so to speak. In all honesty, the DC search has been under way before this announcement. Hopefully when Richt actually shows up for his press conference we have a new DC and new DB coach.