bigjmw84

RESIGN:

C.Peters-2yr 4mil

R.McClain-3yr 3mil

J.Hawley-2yr 2mil

D.Davis 2yr 2mil

D.Franks 1yr 750k

FA:

Lamarr Houston-He is a solid player at LDE, but he is an excellent DT. Good run stopper, and can get you 4-6 sacks. 5- 37mill

Anthony Collins-He has been as dependable as you can be as an offensive lineman. He moves wherever he is needed and does well their. 4yr24 mil

Brian DeLaPuente- He is a guy we could count on to be the backbone to our line. Sound in all phases. 4yr 17 mil

Allen Branch- He is one stout SOB. Was miscast as a ful-time 3-4 NT, but was better suited for a 4-3/Hybrid role as a 2gapDT/5techDE. 3 yr 9mil.

I predict we receive a 4th & 7th round pick for Grimes, and Owens

We swap our 1st with Tennesee for their 2nd and 4th round picks.

1st:StephonTuitt DT/DE

2nd:Trent Murphy DE/OLB

2nd: Xavier Su'a Filo OG

3rd:JaWaunn James OT

4th:Stanley Jean Baptiste FS/CB

4th:Daniel McCullers DT

4th:Jordan Tripp OLB

5th:De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR/ST

6th:Spencer Long OG

7th:Colt Lyerla TE

7th:Trey Millard FB

4-3

DE:Murphy/Osi/Biermann

DT:Houston/Peters/Coleman

DT:Tuitt/Branch

DE:Mass/Houston/Goodman

34 Hybrid looks

DE:Houston/Goodman

NT:McCullers/Branch

DE:Tuit/Peters

Starting OL unit for 2014

LT:Bakers/Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn/Long

OC:Puente/Hawley

RG:Sua'Filo/Konz/Long

RT:Collins/James/Holmes

Guest King Jigsaw

Lyerla anywhere past the 5th is worth it from a risk/reward standpoint. We all know what he is capable if on the field. If he can get his personal life together, he would be a major steal.

People were saying the same thing about Da'Rick Rogers last year when he was available for our 6th or any one of our four 7th rounders. He was also there as an UDFA. Did he even sniff a falcons uniform? Of course not. There's not going to be a place on this team for first round talents that go undrafted because of stupidity as long as our current respectable FO is in tact.

here is what I don't understand with Falcons playcalling and HD - because of HD's size and game, he is strictly a "between the 20's" player - bad things happen when Matt throws to HD inside the 20's - don't do it!!!

You brought in 5 new OL. So who all are you cutting from current roster. For example you cutting Holmes who at worst is great depth with starting experience that is cheap? Schraeder, who showed promise and got starting experience as an UDFA ? How bout gunn? ? All inexpensive guys with starting experience. Heck,,throw Johnson in there, who could be cheap. And you re-sign Hawley.

I get the 2 FA signings. Makes sense, that you pick FA to obtain starters, but if you go this route, I doubt we'd draft 3 OL as well--remember if guys aren't upgrade to existing guys on roster, why draft them.

Also, what about Konz? You dumping him? At worst, another guy with starting experience at OC and G who's cheap.

I just don't see how adding 5 new OL will result in cohesive roster. If I'm tice I'm adding a piece or 2, maybe 3 max, If I'm Tice, I'm also loving the fact I have depth guys with starting experience that are young.

Ditto with Safety, we drafted 2 last year, but I'll kinda give you a pass on him if he plays cb too. Not sure how batiste will translate to NFL. But you're re-signing McClain and Franks, so again who on roster you dumping? Motta--who has starting experience as rookie? Ishmael?

I do like Tuitt, McCullers and Murphy. As much as I like Murphy I think he sneaks into first round, but would be overjoyed to get him. I'm assuming you're letting Babs and Jerry walk, right? If so good job drafting replacements in Tuitt and McCullers. Although to be honest, I'm not 100% sold on McCullers . He looks good on paper with his size, but I see a guy who plays upright and doesn't dominate games. But let me clarify what I mean, I see a big strong guy who's tough to run against on collegiate level because of brute size and strength, but poor technique and not very good lateral movement or agility. He has offered zilch pass rush in college. But my problem in nfl everyone is strong and agile, he may be no more that a situational run defender, but I'll say this in 4th round, sure. But I'm not fond of 6'8" NTs. Most great run defenders in NFL as NTs tend to be those squatty bodies, 6'2" 330 types (think Casey Hampton) and McCullers doesn't strike me as able to play 5 tech .

But nice shot, appreciate write up, but just don't see all the OL

RESIGN:

C.Peters-2yr 4mil

R.McClain-3yr 3mil

J.Hawley-2yr 2mil

D.Davis 2yr 2mil

D.Franks 1yr 750k

FA:

Lamarr Houston-He is a solid player at LDE, but he is an excellent DT. Good run stopper, and can get you 4-6 sacks. 5- 37mill

Anthony Collins-He has been as dependable as you can be as an offensive lineman. He moves wherever he is needed and does well their. 4yr24 mil

Brian DeLaPuente- He is a guy we could count on to be the backbone to our line. Sound in all phases. 4yr 17 mil

Allen Branch- He is one stout SOB. Was miscast as a ful-time 3-4 NT, but was better suited for a 4-3/Hybrid role as a 2gapDT/5techDE. 3 yr 9mil.

I predict we receive a 4th & 7th round pick for Grimes, and Owens

We swap our 1st with Tennesee for their 2nd and 4th round picks.

1st:StephonTuitt DT/DE

2nd:Trent Murphy DE/OLB

2nd: Xavier Su'a Filo OG

3rd:JaWaunn James OT

4th:Stanley Jean Baptiste FS/CB

4th:Daniel McCullers DT

4th:Jordan Tripp OLB

5th:De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR/ST

6th:Spencer Long OG

7th:Colt Lyerla TE

7th:Trey Millard FB

4-3

DE:Murphy/Osi/Biermann

DT:Houston/Peters/Coleman

DT:Tuitt/Branch

DE:Mass/Houston/Goodman

34 Hybrid looks

DE:Houston/Goodman

NT:McCullers/Branch

DE:Tuit/Peters

Starting OL unit for 2014

LT:Bakers/Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn/Long

OC:Puente/Hawley

RG:Sua'Filo/Konz/Long

RT:Collins/James/Holmes

thats alot of lineman, not completely happy with the draft but not bad.

Edit: looking back at the line its not so bad you put names more than once on the depth chart and you actually cut and let some walk, but i do think you over did it a bit with the guards but there again some of those players could be moved to the practice squad. I dont really see us going after puente, id be surprised if we did after the way hawley has looked, i think we find an offensive tackle in FA, maybe saffold or collins as you suggested. I dont think itll be an expensive sign so no big names. I could see us cutting osi and going after a guy like bennett. I dont think we sign more than one big name free agent though.

Edited by ssippifalcon

You brought in 5 new OL. So who all are you cutting from current roster. For example you cutting Holmes who at worst is great depth with starting experience that is cheap? Schraeder, who showed promise and got starting experience as an UDFA ? How bout gunn? ? All inexpensive guys with starting experience. Heck,,throw Johnson in there, who could be cheap. And you re-sign Hawley.

I get the 2 FA signings. Makes sense, that you pick FA to obtain starters, but if you go this route, I doubt we'd draft 3 OL as well--remember if guys aren't upgrade to existing guys on roster, why draft them.

Also, what about Konz? You dumping him? At worst, another guy with starting experience at OC and G who's cheap.

I just don't see how adding 5 new OL will result in cohesive roster. If I'm tice I'm adding a piece or 2, maybe 3 max, If I'm Tice, I'm also loving the fact I have depth guys with starting experience that are young.

Ditto with Safety, we drafted 2 last year, but I'll kinda give you a pass on him if he plays cb too. Not sure how batiste will translate to NFL. But you're re-signing McClain and Franks, so again who on roster you dumping? Motta--who has starting experience as rookie? Ishmael?

I do like Tuitt, McCullers and Murphy. As much as I like Murphy I think he sneaks into first round, but would be overjoyed to get him. I'm assuming you're letting Babs and Jerry walk, right? If so good job drafting replacements in Tuitt and McCullers. Although to be honest, I'm not 100% sold on McCullers . He looks good on paper with his size, but I see a guy who plays upright and doesn't dominate games. But let me clarify what I mean, I see a big strong guy who's tough to run against on collegiate level because of brute size and strength, but poor technique and not very good lateral movement or agility. He has offered zilch pass rush in college. But my problem in nfl everyone is strong and agile, he may be no more that a situational run defender, but I'll say this in 4th round, sure. But I'm not fond of 6'8" NTs. Most great run defenders in NFL as NTs tend to be those squatty bodies, 6'2" 330 types (think Casey Hampton) and McCullers doesn't strike me as able to play 5 tech .

But nice shot, appreciate write up, but just don't see all the OL

Their is never too many OL after last season to be honest. Reynolds,Johnson, Trueblood, Locklear would be the first to go. just because Gunn got 90 snaps doesn't make me feel like I shouldn't try to upgrade his spot. I know Schrader and T.Jones are fan hopefuls but they showed so very little to rest on their potential for the future. Those 5 OL in the draft would be necessary for this team to get the best lineup possible. Tice will make them all compete and the worst will fall thru the cracks. Gunn and Schrader at worst could slide to PS if not cut. I'm also factoring Baker being gone in 2015 for this scenario. Hawley is an improvement over Konz, but shouldn't be anyone's starter at this time. If DeLaPuente was out for 2 weeks, our chances aren't completely blown to **** w/ him under center. I like Motta's physical play, but he isn't fluid enough at FS. He should be #2 at SS for the time being. Decoud has sucked so massively this year, but their was no Ishmael sightings at all that I can remember. I'm not giving up on him, but Baptiste has great size and fluidity for that position and could be a good fit their. If he shows enough at the CB position, Franks could go as well. I would hate to lose out on Murphy, but Sam would be a good consolation prize if he got selected earlier. McCullers is not my favorite prospect, but could be a player who is a better pro. His main issue is leverage and that can be fixed. He is no more than a 1 trick pony, but we need that one trick desperately.!We could always grab Z.Kerr or J. Ellis as udfa's as insurance.

Guest King Jigsaw

I'm not sure why there's a sudden hatred for De La Puente? He's a good center who's also very smart. He makes the protection calls for an offense that isn't exactly simple. He'd be a worthwhile pickup for any team that needs a reliable backbone to shore up pass protection.. you guys know of any team that needs that?

I'm not sure why there's a sudden hatred for De La Puente? He's a good center who's also very smart. He makes the protection calls for an offense that isn't exactly simple. He'd be a worthwhile pickup for any team that needs a reliable backbone to shore up pass protection.. you guys know of any team that needs that?

I never said I didn't like him. I just think Hawley is solid and if I were to replace a current starter it would be Decoud replaced over Hawley. Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of Decoud at all.

I also think Clark can be relied on more than De La Puente. He has been a consistent starter for longer

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Guest King Jigsaw

Well likely be able to replace them both if desired. I think De La Puente is a big part of what the Saints do and taking that away is extremely helpful. My comment wasn't directed solely at you, but all of a sudden people are beginning to say that BDLP is only thought of being good because of the guards that play on either side of him and I don't think that's particularly true.