Tell Me What You See

PapaJoe

I see a highlight real against really weak competition. Got any real footage?

nothing of any real value. the only 'game footage' found was poor angle/view.

I posted it because i see an UDFA that has potential; wanted some actual observations from others to see if anyone else sees the things i see.

He is 5'9" and 205 lbs. Supposed 40 is in the 4.45 to 4.55 range

nothing of any real value. the only 'game footage' found was poor angle/view.

I posted it because i see an UDFA that has potential; wanted some actual observations from others to see if anyone else sees the things i see.

He is 5'9" and 205 lbs. Supposed 40 is in the 4.45 to 4.55 range

That's my problem with these guys of prospects. There just isn't much to go on, and I love small school guys. Seeing whether the small school guys can do well against better competition is my favorite part of the Senior Bowl. It's just that anybody can look good in highlights. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to bring him in, and have him succeed, but I've just learned to be cautious of players, where all I have are highlights.

That's my problem with these guys of prospects. There just isn't much to go on, and I love small school guys. Seeing whether the small school guys can do well against better competition is my favorite part of the Senior Bowl. It's just that anybody can look good in highlights. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to bring him in, and have him succeed, but I've just learned to be cautious of players, where all I have are highlights.

Agree. This guy is nowhere near being a draft pick but as an UDFA guy I think he is intriguing. He played on a crappy team that tried to throw the ball way too much given what he was doing on the ground (from what I can gather). He is the schools ONLY player to ever be a 3 X Team Captain and in video of him speaking he represented himself well.

I like that when he knows it is tough sledding up the middle he displays an incredibly quick forward lean,gets low with shoulders basically waist high, and drives forward with power.

i like that he has very quick feet and suddenness in his cuts. He is fluid and uses his head, shoulders, hips, legs, and feet to great effect to set up defenders for his cut. He makes first guy miss and accelerates rapidly. he is decisive. He may be in the upper 4.4x range; regardless, he plays fast for a RB.

There is very little to see of his play and I can imagine his OL was pretty bad to run behind most of the time, but his YPC numbers and the flashes we can see in this limited video show me that he can run effectively behind a decent line, he can run from any set, inside or outside, AND he is deadly in the pass/screen game. i see him being a true CPRB. He is not a very good/consistent pass blocker from what I could see but that can be taught/learned.

Dang! How did i miss that on the draftbreakdown site??!! Glad you found it and posted. Thanks.

I see in this vid that his pass blocking is much better than i had thought; a couple times it was exceptional and shows his football instincts that I like/see in him.

It seems to me that as long as he isn't swarmed at or behind the LOS he is very productive. His YPC career average is 4.9 btw.

I really like how he displays an almost insanely quick drop of his shoulders when he gets north-south inside the box and has that forward drive. he isn't going to be a power back at 205 lbs. but I see him being better than Quizz as a CPRB and threat in the screen/pass role... as well as a KR for that matter.

He is elusive, has acceleration and good, not elite speed. Displays a good football IQ as a RB.

Here are his Career Stats:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=187016

2013 was a down year for YPC at 4.4. The OL had some issues obviously.