Why Is Tommy Nobis Not In The Hall Of Fame?

Nono

I respect what Tont Dungy did during his career as an NFL head coach and especially admire his work off the field with children and charities giving his own struggle losing his son.

If one of the requirements that the 46 team board of selectors looks at is a player or coaches contributions since retiring, then why is Tommy Nobis not in the Hall of Fame? Our own hometown Len Pasquerelli is one of the selectors and I can't understand with the tenacity on the field and dedication to helping children and deserving families for over 2 decades, why is Tommy not a sure thing?

just asking

Edited by Nono

Been asked before... I think he should be...

A couple notables:

He played on some crap teams... Some feel it inflated his numbers...

They poorly tracked tackles then... He likely had more than Worrilow ever dreamed of...

He is not a favorite of the Falcons Admin... Ie: he is not tight with current folks, like Deion is...

Not excuses... Just observations...

You say he had a mediocre career. That's your opinion. I personally think he had a great career. Maybe not Hall Of Fame worthy but still a great career

I just like to hate on him.

50% career completion percentage. only twice in his career did he throw more tds than INTs. even then only by a couple. 65 career qb rating. you can say he got yards when he did complete it.

If Joe Namath is in it's a travesty Stabler is not.

While I do not intend any disrespect to the many deserving people who are enshrined there, I think the HoF is too much like the Pro Bowl in that it often represents who was more popular in the media than it does actual prowess on the playing field. I think the Joe Namath example is a perfect example of how being a media darling in a big media town like New York elevates the odds that a rather average QB like Namath is enshrined. Also the HoF places too much emphasis on the SuperBowl. The combination of these factors allows a Joe Namath to be enshrined, while a much better QB like Archie Manning is not.

Actually, Florida has the most golf courses, making them no 1 in golf, followed by South Carolina. (More courses means, more players.)

On another note - I once met Tommy Nobis. He was on a Meet and Great the old Sears on Ponce De Leon Blvd (near Cracker Stadium) A true gentleman off the field.

50% career completion percentage. only twice in his career did he throw more tds than INTs. even then only by a couple. 65 career qb rating. you can say he got yards when he did complete it.

Why would someone argue with that? Sounds mediocre to me.

I think The Snake should be in. Lot of people dont think Terry Bradshaw should be in cause his numbers weren't that great. You always get these type of discussions

I respect what Tont Dungy did during his career as an NFL head coach and especially admire his work off the field with children and charities giving his own struggle losing his son.

If one of the requirements that the 46 team board of selectors looks at is a player or coaches contributions since retiring, then why is Tommy Nobis not in the Hall of Fame? Our own hometown Len Pasquerelli is one of the selectors and I can't understand with the tenacity on the field and dedication to helping children and deserving families for over 2 decades, why is Tommy not a sure thing?

just asking

He's in my HOF. Just look at my avatar.

If he would've had over 200 tackles in a season he'd be in.... oh yeah, he did. One day I'm sure he'll get in but the next few years there's a lot of huge name players up for induction.

Try 294 in his rookie year. Two hundred ninety four!!!!! In a 14 game season. Over half of em were slap yo mama type tackles. Dude was a frkn terror.