Timmy Jernigan

You have to take into consideration that Auburn was running an up tempo offense. Our d-line is on rotation all the time anyway throughout the game.

I don't think anyone who is saying Jernigan is out of shape is taking this into consideration. Auburn was used to wearing teams down by the 4th Qtr and that's how they won games.

I love McCullers, because you can't coach size and while he has some growing to do technique wise, he is extremely strong and athletic and gives great effort and is unblockable by a single guy.... he is not the superstar, he is the guy that you pair with a McDonald, Hageman or Garrison Smith and they end up making play after play.

Then you single McCuller and he parks your Center or Guard in the QB or RB's lap!

We need a beast, we have not had one, which has made our line so easily blockable!

I love McCullers, because you can't coach size and while he has some growing to do technique wise, he is extremely strong and athletic and gives great effort and is unblockable by a single guy.... he is not the superstar, he is the guy that you pair with a McDonald, Hageman or Garrison Smith and they end up making play after play.

Then you single McCuller and he parks your Center or Guard in the QB or RB's lap!

We need a beast, we have not had one, which has made our line so easily blockable!

he;s not that guy. That guy is Hageman, Tuitt or Carrethers.

McCullers' issue is that after 3-4 plays he's winded. And then he loses leverage because he's just ridiculously tall.

he;s not that guy. That guy is Hageman, Tuitt or Carrethers.

McCullers' issue is that after 3-4 plays he's winded. And then he loses leverage because he's just ridiculously tall.

I agree that McCullers conditioning is an issue-which usually can be fixed (apparently not by our current staff see: Holmes and Konz) as far as on the field, I disagree all of the guys you just mentioned are the playmakers that would play well with a McCullers or a Justin Ellis!

I agree that McCullers conditioning is an issue-which usually can be fixed (apparently not by our current staff see: Holmes and Konz) as far as on the field, I disagree all of the guys you just mentioned are the playmakers that would play well with a McCullers or a Justin Ellis!

at this point, I know you have no clue what you are talking about and are just picking the two biggest players in the draft and not the best talents. Atlanta is better off with a 310-330 pound 1-tech who can penetrate as well as plug than a 350 pound fat body that can only plug.

Scott now I have defended you on this very board. To say that I don't know what I am talking about because I don't agree with you is insulting. I like all of the exact guys you like, I just want to pair them with a huge pocket collapser.

I love JJ Watts and Justin Smith, but would two of them work in the 4-3? No.

History shows it works best with one wiggle guy and one stout guy, at this point we have neither.

My dream scenario would be a Linval Joseph and Hageman or McDonald plus Ellis or McCullers.

at this point, I know you have no clue what you are talking about and are just picking the two biggest players in the draft and not the best talents. Atlanta is better off with a 310-330 pound 1-tech who can penetrate as well as plug than a 350 pound fat body that can only plug.

McCullers is not the type to play all 3 downs but he is the guy on first and second down we need. Coach Nolan had said he prefers 11 players to have 2 sacks oppose to having 2 guys with 11.

And McCullers can free up an opportunity for another guy to make a play.

McCullers is not the type to play all 3 downs but he is the guy on first and second down we need. Coach Nolan had said he prefers 11 players to have 2 sacks oppose to having 2 guys with 11.

And McCullers can free up an opportunity for another guy to make a play.

But he really isn't. Nolan's quote was 10 guys with 4 as opposed to 4 guys with 10. However, to get that you need a guy who can get 4. Not a guy who won't ever get 1 like McCullers.

Scott now I have defended you on this very board. To say that I don't know what I am talking about because I don't agree with you is insulting. I like all of the exact guys you like, I just want to pair them with a huge pocket collapser.

I love JJ Watts and Justin Smith, but would two of them work in the 4-3? No.

History shows it works best with one wiggle guy and one stout guy, at this point we have neither.

My dream scenario would be a Linval Joseph and Hageman or McDonald plus Ellis or McCullers.

Then you need to pick guys who are actually pocket collapsers. There's a reason why McCullers won't go until the mid-late 4th round. it's because he can't pass rush. and Ellis just isn't that good. he's 360 pounds, but that's it.

Watt and Smith would work fine in the 4-3 as the 3-tech. But acting like Carrethers at 330 or Hageman at 315 aren't the guys who can play the 1 tech shows a lack of knowledge in their games. You don't need a 350+ pound guy to collapse the pocket. Normally 350 pound guys CANT collapse the pocket.

Linval Joseph is a 1-tech who is right at 330 pounds. Hageman can play the 3. But Ellis likely won't get drafted. because he's not that good.