Do We Need A Dt Or Nt Worse

THE ICEMAN

I hear a lot of poeple saying we need a DT but what kind do we need a 3 tec,5 tec a 1 tec what kind of DT do we need.

Seems like we play a hybird 4-3/3-4 defense but really don't have the right personnel to play either.

Basicly do we need a DT that can rush the passer from inside(Geno Akins) do we need a NT to clog everything up(Vince Wilford) or do we need a Up field type DT (Sheldon Richardson) or some one who can play inside or outside like JJ Wyatt.

Point is if everyone feels we need a DT is there one really worthy of the 6th pick.

I think we either end up taking a DE/OLB or Reach for a Tackle(Mathews likely will be gone at 2) but early in the year I heard some say we should take Louis Nix but pretty sure he'd be a reach at 6.

(Vince Wilford)

Love that guy.

I think we either end up taking a DE/OLB or Reach for a Tackle(Mathews likely will be gone at 2) but early in the year I heard some say we should take Louis Nix but pretty sure he'd be a reach at 6.

As for the rest I say we need a space eater DT to take double teams, and collapse the pocket from the inside even if he doesn't ever get off his man (men). I want Nix personally, and or Hageman. We trade down for Nix and use the extra picks to get Hageman, then we have two DT's to compete for a starting role and work on a rotation.

Need to first stop trying so hard to categorize based on formation. Then get someone who can eat blocks and someone who likes to fight in the middle.

It wouldn't fix everything, but resigning Peters, signing Paul Soliai, and drafting Aaron Donald would be a great start, imo.