Worrilow Comparison

WOR

Since some people want to say he isn't good I will compare his 12 start stats to that of great ILBs rookie years. I am prorating everything to a 12 start total. Of course it is not 100% accurate, but it will give a better idea of how Worrilow stacked up.

Willis- 130.5 tackles, 3 sacks, 1.5 FF, 3.75 Pass defensed

Bowman(going off 2nd year when his totals blossomed)- 107 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF, 6PD

Kuechly- 123 tackles, .75 sacks, 0 FF, 6 PD

Urlacher- 92 tackles, 6 sacks, 0 FF, 3.75 PD

Kiko- 119.25, 1.5 sacks, .75 FF, 3.75 PD

Wagner- 105 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF, 3 PD

Lofton- 71 tackles, .75 sacks, .75 FF, 2 PD

WOR- 127 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 FF, 1 PD

WOR(16 game projection)- 170 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1.5 PD

I added the 16 game projection if you want to do a comparison on your own. Ill add a few more guys. These were just the ones I came up with off the top of my head.

I don't know what people wanted from a rookie MLB. His stats are on par with the best ILBs in the games rookie stats. Not to mention playing behind our gap shooting DTs is probably one of the worst assignments for a MLB.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's slow and all he's tackles come after 4 or 5 yards he don't make big plays. How dare you compare him to Willis, Bowman and Luke they were making big tackles in there rookie years

Big tackles, huh?

Those teams sucked as much or more than we did…..

"The d-line allowed blockers to engage with him and he was not able to run freely around the line of scrimmage.

That is very crucial for the production of any MLB/ILB."- DawnOfThemBirds

Some posters on here would be wise to read this……multiple times.

Worrilow had a solid year. Nothing special but solid nonetheless. I don't like the fact that he is already being proclaimed the next best thing after one season. People need to relax and not go over board on the hype.How many times have we seen a player in this league flame out after one good year?Folks need to settle down because they are only setting themselves up for disappointment. All I'm saying is that give it more time.Need a larger sample size before proclaiming him the diamond in the rough. Hopefully he does turn out to be a stud on our D for a few years. We shall see.

Worrilow had a solid year. Nothing special but solid nonetheless. I don't like the fact that he is already being proclaimed the next best thing after one season. People need to relax and not go over board on the hype.How many times have we seen a player in this league flame out after one good year?Folks need to settle down because they are only setting themselves up for disappointment. All I'm saying is that give it more time.Need a larger sample size before proclaiming him the diamond in the rough. Hopefully he does turn out to be a stud on our D for a few years. We shall see.

Yep

Lets see if or how much he improves in year 2.

The d-line also needs to be fixed as well because it will also play a big factor into the development of Worrilow.

Im with you on the more time thing. This was more towards the crowd that is going around claiming he is bad. Like wut?

And my name isn't WOR because Im obsessed. It was W.A.R. but when Willy Mo was no longer always ready I had to change it lol

Worrilow should be credited for that Spoon INT, i personally feel.

I can't believe that on THIS team, people complain about somebody making tackles. Seriously? On a team where the second best tackler is a CB? And people complain that all Worrilow does is make tackles? That makes him the best player on our defense already.

Add to that the obvious fact that everyone on our D-Line can be single-teamed and taken out of the game and how exactly do people expect Worr to make these explosive tackles for loss all the time? Look at the DT's and DE's that teams like the 9'ers, Panthers, and Bills have for their respective LB's to roam behind, and then look at Worr.

And then stop badmouthing him because he outplayed most high draft pick LB's for years back, and as a rookie UDFA.

Dimitroff finally hits on the late round/undrafted guy that people on this board have been screaming for for years and now nobody will give the player credit because he is a late round guy?!? Are you guys serious?!? If Worrilow had been a 1st/2nd round pick he would have been getting all kinds of hype like Kiko Alonso. Instead he is "slow" and "makes tackles 4-5 yards downfield". You people are stupid. You guys do realize that when you make 127 tackles a lot of them are going to be a few yards downfield? At the very least this guy has equal production to Lofton when he was here and nobody said Lofton was "slow" and "making tackles downfield" until he left. This board is so stupid with its bias.

"Slow"

4.42 = Von Miller

4.48 = Spencer Adkins

4.52 = Sean Weatherspoon (pro day - 4.62 at Combine)

4.55 = Matt Hansen (converted safety)

4.57 = Brian Urlacher

4.58 = Ray Lewis

4.58 = Luke Kuechly

4.59 = Paul Worrilow

4.62 = Clay Matthews

4.64 = Stephen Nicholas

4.67 = Curtis Lofton (pro day - 4.79 at Combine)

4.67 = Arthur Brown

4.70 = Robert James

4.72 = Pat Schiller

4.73 = Akeem Dent

4.75 = Manti Te'o

4.75 = Kroy Biermann (pro day - 4.85 at Combine)

4.81 = Jonathan Massaquoi

4.81 = J.J. Watt

4.84 = Bear Woods

4.85 = Joplo Bartu

"Slow"

4.42 = Von Miller

4.48 = Spencer Adkins

4.52 = Sean Weatherspoon (pro day - 4.62 at Combine)

4.55 = Matt Hansen (converted safety)

4.57 = Brian Urlacher

4.58 = Ray Lewis

4.58 = Luke Kuechly

4.59 = Paul Worrilow

4.62 = Clay Matthews

4.64 = Stephen Nicholas

4.67 = Curtis Lofton (pro day - 4.79 at Combine)

4.67 = Arthur Brown

4.70 = Robert James

4.72 = Pat Schiller

4.73 = Akeem Dent

4.75 = Manti Te'o

4.75 = Kroy Biermann (pro day - 4.85 at Combine)

4.81 = Jonathan Massaquoi

4.81 = J.J. Watt

4.84 = Bear Woods

4.85 = Joplo Bartu

Thank you! This board is ridiculous.

Okay so you ARE comparing him to Willis..

What are you trying to say, he is better than the ILBs you just listed?

He's not. Get over it. He's great for an UDFA, but that's pretty much a backhanded compliment. He does not influence the game at all.

I don't think you understood the comparison. Worrilow's rookie season was being compared to the rookie seasons of those linebackers. Nobody said he is at their level. Nobody said he is better than any of those guys. Nobody said any of that. It was simply a comparison between a current rookie and past rookies at a particular position and the current rookie held up just fine. I would say he certainly does have an impact on the game. He is the playcaller for the defense, the MIKE linebacker, and led the team in tackles. To say that he does not influence the game is simply ridiculous. He may not be the next Butkus, but he was certainly an above average NFL linebacker this past season as an undrafted free agent. Spin it whatever why you would like, that is impressive. I was a big Lofton fan during his time with the Falcons; however, I have to admit Worrilow is already at the same level Lofton was at. I think he has quite the future considering he came in as a backup with zero expectations and limited reps. I believe he could develop nicely for us in the middle of the defense after an offseason of work.

Your right we should cut him soon

Stfu.

I don't think you understood the comparison. Worrilow's rookie season was being compared to the rookie seasons of those linebackers. Nobody said he is at their level. Nobody said he is better than any of those guys. Nobody said any of that. It was simply a comparison between a current rookie and past rookies at a particular position and the current rookie held up just fine. I would say he certainly does have an impact on the game. He is the playcaller for the defense, the MIKE linebacker, and led the team in tackles. To say that he does not influence the game is simply ridiculous. He may not be the next Butkus, but he was certainly an above average NFL linebacker this past season as an undrafted free agent. Spin it whatever why you would like, that is impressive. I was a big Lofton fan during his time with the Falcons; however, I have to admit Worrilow is already at the same level Lofton was at. I think he has quite the future considering he came in as a backup with zero expectations and limited reps. I believe he could develop nicely for us in the middle of the defense after an offseason of work.

Lofton was never the MLB on a D that was worst in the league vs the run. Lofton also lined up behind of the exact same DTs Worrilow does.

Edited by Falcanuck