Ryan Clark

Very solid/smart player. He's not fast or a great deep safety, but could be cheap vet to help mentor/motivate.

Free agent FS Ryan Clark plans to keep playing football in 2014.

Clark, 34, stated last June that he would consider retirement after the season, but he's had a change of heart. "I hope to continue playing (in Pittsburgh), but if not, there will be no hard feelings," said Clark. "I have nothing but great memories." Clark started all 16 games in 2013, registering a career-high 104 tackles with four pass breakups and two interceptions.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Jan 10 - 3:21 PM

Very solid/smart player. He's not fast or a great deep safety, but could be cheap vet to help mentor/motivate.

Free agent FS Ryan Clark plans to keep playing football in 2014.

Clark, 34, stated last June that he would consider retirement after the season, but he's had a change of heart. "I hope to continue playing (in Pittsburgh), but if not, there will be no hard feelings," said Clark. "I have nothing but great memories." Clark started all 16 games in 2013, registering a career-high 104 tackles with four pass breakups and two interceptions.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Jan 10 - 3:21 PM

I would like to sign him to a cheap 2 yr deal but also look for a safety in this year draft for him to mentor. He would bring that Steelers toughness with him and allow us to get rid of Decoud. I also wouldn't mind James Sanders

I would like to sign him to a cheap 2 yr deal but also look for a safety in this year draft for him to mentor. He would bring that Steelers toughness with him and allow us to get rid of Decoud. I also wouldn't mind James Sanders

If we can get Clark, then it would be best to wait on Safety. We already picked up two late round Safeties last year.

This would give us more time to develop those safeties and see if they can become something. If they don't show enough progress, then in the 2015 draft we can look at drafting Safety early.

As it stands now if we are drafting a Safety, then it would be 4th round or later. We have too many other holes to worry about to draft Safety before then.

I'm also not a fan of the Safeties in this draft.

If we can get Clark, then it would be best to wait on Safety. We already picked up two late round Safeties last year.

This would give us more time to develop those safeties and see if they can become something. If they don't show enough progress, then in the 2015 draft we can look at drafting Safety early.

As it stands now if we are drafting a Safety, then it would be 4th round or later. We have too many other holes to worry about to draft Safety before then.

I'm also not a fan of the Safeties in this draft.

Exactly my thinking... stop gap safety this year and next year we could draft a guy early if we play this offseason right because of the free 2nd and 3rd round picks we have under control with Worrilow and Bartu!

Guest King Jigsaw

I wouldnt mind this signing, I just worry about how loyal we always seem to be. I don't know if we have the smarts to replace DeCoud.

Edited by King Jigsaw