Disputing The Need Of Manziel Or Clowney Is Outrageous

TrufantIsland

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a pass rush - we've been in the bottom 5 in sacks the last 2 years. Now that can come through a disruptive DT, a DT like Clowney or a pass rushing linebacker like Khalil Mack but it is absolutely a need.

If Clowney is there at 6, he's BPA and he fits a need - therefore to me it's a no brainer.

Yea it is just pure trolling stupidity.

Oline and interior Dline are BY FAR WITHOUT QUESTION our biggest needs. We do not need anymore DE's and the only skill position we need to look at is PR/KR

DE is not a need, we have already drafted/singed several DE's over the years the problem is we have NEVER fixed our interior Dline. That is why all our DE's fail. We should not waste anymore time and money on a DE that enrgy needs to be spent on the interior Dline which will allow our current DE's to actually sack the QB.

Edited by MAD597

We do need huge DTs that penetrate and command double teams but is one worth the6th overall pick. If Clowney is there I'd love the pick but he wont. We are either trade back and grab a top DT and have an extra pick or we are going to take Matthews.

If someone at 15-18 traded their first and second to us for our first, we could potentially (if Hageman somehow fell to the 2nd, which is possible considering how many teams need QB's) get Lous Nix III and Ra'Shede Hageman and then still have a second round pick for a RG/RT/FS/DE

Edited by EightyEight

If someone at 15-18 traded their first and second to us for our first, we could potentially (if Hageman somehow fell to the 2nd, which is possible considering how many teams need QB's) get Lous Nix III and Ra'Shede Hageman and then still have a second round pick for a RG/RT/FS/DE

If TD pulled some crap like this off I would change my opinion about him. This is a perfect situation. Double down on DT and get the OG.

We do NOT need a DE, we have a lot, playing solid - we need a DT and O-line..

And I've seen people saying we need Manziel - I'm not gonna acknowledge that with an answer - this is studpidity and retardation on the highgest scale

LOL. DE is a need. I would say OL is a higher need, but if Clowney is available, his talent is overwhelmingly superior to anyone else who might be available. As for Manziel, while I love for him to be a Falcon, this team has more pressing needs, and given that the Falcons are already overpaying Ryan right now, it would be stupid to waste a pick on ANY QB.

DE is a need. It's not quite as much of a need as DT and maybe not as much as OT but to deny that it's a need is to be obtuse.

DE / DT is a no win argument, and while I say DE I certianly respect your position,

because with Ryan getting panty whupped 9 times, it is clear that we go LT with

the first pick. DT with the 2nd because the quality DE's are gone by then.

No doubt that we can both agree to that point wink.png

LOL. DE is a need. I would say OL is a higher need, but if Clowney is available, his talent is overwhelmingly superior to anyone else who might be available. As for Manziel, while I love for him to be a Falcon, this team has more pressing needs, and given that the Falcons are already overpaying Ryan right now, it would be stupid to waste a pick on ANY QB.

Exactly why I didn't understand the Sean Renfree pick last year. Could have use that on OL.

DE / DT is a no win argument, and while I say DE I certianly respect your position,

because with Ryan getting panty whupped 9 times, it is clear that we go LT with

the first pick. DT with the 2nd because the quality DE's are gone by then.

No doubt that we can both agree to that point wink.png

There's a bearded man outside with a 41 million dollar contract that says we aren't taking a LT in the first round.:P A LT and move him to RT? Maybe.