Interesting Article From A Bay Area Writer.

Rewind

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140109/sports/140109596#page=0

If the 49ers are a “Bob,” the Panthers are a “Roberto.”

For the most part, the 49ers and Panthers are the same team: Excellent, hard-hitting defenses. Quarterbacks who run and throw. Offenses built around running the ball. And coaches who are the sons of coaches – football brats. Jim Harbaugh is the son of Jack Harbaugh, the former college coach. And the Panthers' offensive coordinator, Mike Shula, is the son of Don Shula, the Hall of Fame head coach.

The difference between Bob and Roberto — the “erto” — is the difference between Jim and Mike. Jim and Mike coach the passing game differently. Jim coaches a simplified passing game and Mike coaches a complicated passing game. The “erto” is a synonym for complicated.

Love this part.

And Newton doesn't need great receivers — he doesn't have any. Kaepernick does. Kaepernick needs Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis, or else the other team can double-cover Kaepernick's primary receiver, and then Kaepernick is out of options.

Newton can make ordinary receivers dangerous because of Shula's offensive scheme. Ted Ginn Jr. is the perfect example. He was on the 49ers last season and caught just two passes because Roman almost never called plays for him. This season, Ginn is a Panther and has caught 36 passes and 5 touchdowns because whenever he's on the field, he's part of a progression. He gets the ball when he's open and Newton decides to throw it to him.

It sucks, but going through this now has me hopeful for Cam when he gets some actual receiving threats in the future... if that ever happens that is. Him having to make do with sub-par options and consistently going through all of his reads to find the open man should have a nice pay off down the road.

Yep. It's a given. Kaep is a one read and run qb.

• Cam had around equal stats to Kaep, despite Kaep having all world weapons that were much better than the weapons Cam had.

Cam is more of a pure passer now...only runs when he's desperate.. He scans the field over and over, only to find his WRs are locked down by even the sh1ttiest of Dbs. It annoys me, our wr corp. I can't imagine how annoyed Cam is with them.

LaFell and Ginn (mostly LaFell) just get on my nerves because of how easily they seem to give up on a play. LaFell is a decent #3, but I'm tired of having a d*mn scrub as our #2 WR. I like the dude, but d*mn... it's time for some upgrades. He's had his time to develop and he still struggles to get open even against mediocre DBs and has like 0 separation ability. He's also went complete ghost since Smitty went down... his one fugin time to step up and show something.

And his drops are d*mn near always of the back-breaking variety. Whenever he drops a pass it's always a f*cking important 3rd down one or easy chain mover or something.

LaFell and Ginn (mostly LaFell) just get on my nerves because of how easily they seem to give up on a play. LaFell is a decent #3, but I'm tired of having a d*mn scrub as our #2 WR. I like the dude, but d*mn... it's time for some upgrades. He's had his time to develop and he still struggles to get open even against mediocre DBs and has like 0 separation ability. He's also went complete ghost since Smitty went down... his one fugin time to step up and show something.

And his drops are d*mn near always of the back-breaking variety. Whenever he drops a pass it's always a f*cking important 3rd down one or easy chain mover or something.

Sounds like a coaching issue. See Roddy White during the Micheal Vick era.

Still a good route runner just doesn't have the speed or leaping ability anymore. He is nothing more then a slot Wr now.

I wonder why the younger guys aren't picking his brain or picking up on what Smith does to get separation. Or why aren't the coaches showing them the tricks. I know tony is slow as **** but he knew up to find a hole in the zone or just when to make a move to get sep. Basically I think someone is not teaching them.

I wonder why the younger guys aren't picking his brain or picking up on what Smith does to get separation. Or why aren't the coaches showing them the tricks. I know tony is slow as **** but he knew up to find a hole in the zone or just when to make a move to get sep. Basically I think someone is not teaching them.

Or Lafell is what he is. You can't teach speed and great hands.

Kaep is a horrible QB but a great scrambler. Contain the pocket and force him to make his progressions and you'll beat him. His mechanics make me want to kick a kitten everyone he winds up. He loves Crabtree and Davis. If you double those guys and put an extremely physical db on Boldin, it sound frustrate him. Crabtree is like his crutch.

Ginn has improved since he's come here... LaFell just strikes me as one of those complacent players and I think it's been insinuated he feels like he already knows everything. I see Smitty talking to him on the sidelines sometimes and he just looks like he has him tuned out. Way too many times he shows a real lack of effort on plays as well whenever they break down. Some of his tweets his rookie year rubbed me the wrong way too... seemed like his focus wasn't in the right place.

I'd like to keep him on the roster, but not as our #2 or potential #1. He is what he is... and he isn't really getting any better.

Edited by Ginn & Juice