Td On Siriusxm Nfl Radio

atljbo

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/falcons-gm-thomas-dimitroff

Ive been on the TD get your **** together because this is a important offseason.

Just listening to this..I like TD admitting he made a mistake.... I to agree that we shouldnt give up on Konz... Dude needs to bust his *** thie offeason and Hawley should come in as a starter but i just think the dude has talent.. I just dont know wtf is going on with him.

Hearing TD.. It sound like we will target a RG in FA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/falcons-gm-thomas-dimitroff

Ive been on the TD get your **** together because this is a important offseason.

Just listening to this..I like TD admitting he made a mistake.... I to agree that we shouldnt give up on Konz... Dude needs to bust his *** thie offeason and Hawley should come in as a starter but i just think the dude has talent.. I just dont know wtf is going on with him.

Hearing TD.. It sound like we will target a RG in FA

I can definitely see us nabbing Jon Asamoah. Maybe even a FA center in Fernando Velasco as competition for Hawley/Konz.

Thanks atljbo

Yeah, TD sounds good. I like that phrase "rectifying with a vengeance"

Now he needs to do it.

It's interesting what he said about Konz, too.

I heard an interview w/Konz during pre-season I think, where he talked about his biggest problem was making a decision on the field He said he felt that he vacillates too much

I can definitely see us nabbing Jon Asamoah. Maybe even a FA center in Fernando Velasco as competition for Hawley/Konz.

I think we are good at center.. He was baciaclly saying if you are playing a young guy at center he needs vets around him to help and is playing good... Konz and Hawley will battle their.... I think its about gettiong a guy that can solidify the RG position

Ive had Geoff Schwartz in my mocks for the last 2 years... Dude is a good guard that hasnt gotten his chance.. This year he did... HE BALLED OUT... So now ill take whatever KC dont keep.

Sounds like Konz and Hawley will battle it out at C. TD hinted at having two experienced guys besides their young C candidates. Definitely sounds like veteran RG in FA will be a focus. Unless something doesn't go our way in FA, I don't see us drafting a G high...

I also think we'll be going OT with our first or second pick and sticking him at RT...

LT - Baker(money)

LG - Blalock(only lock)

C - Hawley or Konz (Konz will have to hit the weight room and spend some time with ole #62)

RG - Like jbo said, one of those Chief guards

RT - Draftee

I think we are good at center.. He was baciaclly saying if you are playing a young guy at center he needs vets around him to help and is playing good... Konz and Hawley will battle their.... I think its about gettiong a guy that can solidify the RG position

Ive had Geoff Schwartz in my mocks for the last 2 years... Dude is a good guard that hasnt gotten his chance.. This year he did... HE BALLED OUT... So now ill take whatever KC dont keep.

I actually hope that they keep Asamoah and that we get Schwartz. He can play both RG and RT, and he plays both well.

Edited by hjerry

"Rectifying with a vengeance" Yeah TD always sounds good with his catchy phrases.Until he proves different to me he is still way overated and a little too cocky. We'll see how he does when his azz is getting close to the fire , say what you want but he still put 2 pathetic lines on the field this year. Show me.

Yeah I like both of them so exactly I'll take whoever they don't keep. I'd love to get either one over here, I just believe Asamoah is slightly better in pass protection.

Sounds like Konz and Hawley will battle it out at C. TD hinted at having two experienced guys besides their young C candidates. Definitely sounds like veteran RG in FA will be a focus. Unless something doesn't go our way in FA, I don't see us drafting a G high...

I also think we'll be going OT with our first or second pick and sticking him at RT...

LT - Baker(money)

LG - Blalock(only lock)

C - Hawley or Konz (Konz will have to hit the weight room and spend some time with ole #62)

RT - Draftee

Hawley is a Free Agent and I never want to hear his name ever again

LT - Baker(money)

LG - Blalock(only lock)

RT - Draftee

Would much rather get a RG in FA (Geoff Schwartz) and an RT in FA (Michael Oher, who TD really wanted in the 2009 draft but the Ravens traded up 1 spot ahead of us and took him).

I'd also love to spend big on DT BJ Raji after we cut Asante, and I'm in favor of cutting SJax if we can sign Darren McFadden or Chris Johnson to that cheap 1-2 year prove it deals that they will get. SJax just can't move, and McFadden and CJ have burst. CJ has been surprisingly healthy and showed that he still has talent this year. Titans will cut him....maybe he comes to ATL and adds a home threat out of the backfield on our turf, like Reggie in Detroit.

Then we can spend our 1st on Clowney, or trade up to #2 to make sure we get Clowney.

I really think there's a good chance that if we can't get up to #2 to get Clowney & he's gone at #6 that we will try to trade down a little and take DT Ra'Shede Hageman. We'll be coaching him at the Senior Bowl on the North Team -- and at 6'6 311 lbs he is going to be by far the most athletic and impressive DT at the game. Will remind Mike Smith of John Henderson (6'7, 320) and Marcus Stroud (6'6, 310) in Jacksonville.

I just don't think we as an organization value offensive linemen that highly to use a Top 6 pick on one. We won 13 games two years ago with our O-Line plus Tyson Clabo. If we get everyone healthy and bring in two free agent OLs, our line should be fine. I hate Sam Baker, but TD isn't moving him off LT or cutting him.

So to be clear, for me that means:

Cuts:

CB Asante Samuel (millions in savings)

RB Steven Jackson (millions in savings)

FA:

OG Geoff Schwartz (Blalock money) Kansas City may not be able to pay Schwartz if they try to retain Branden Albert with Fisher's struggles

OT Michael Oher (Clabo money) Baltimore will move on, but Oher can be our answer at right tackle and can swing to left if Baker gets hurt

DT BJ Raji (Asante's $ + what we would have given to Seymour) Raji wants to play in a 4-3

RB Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden ($ that would have gone to SJax) both will be FA's, provide a lot more than what SJax can

Draft:

#6 = DE Jadaveon Clowney, South Carolina just an impact defender, Blank talked about how we need to get tougher on both OL and DL

2nd rd = TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington bad year statistically, but one of the most gifted TE prospects. Can block and be a weapon.

3rd rd = LB Christian Jones, FSU has the size, speed, and range to cover the TE and play SLB in a 4-3

4th rd = RB/WR/RS De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon hopefully will fall because of poor stats, off-field concerns.....would add a spark to our offense out of the backfield, in the slot (HD to the bench), and on returns. Ideal for Koetter's screen-happy offense.

Edited by The Dirty Bird

So to be clear, for me that means:

Cuts:

CB Asante Samuel (millions in savings)

RB Steven Jackson (millions in savings)

FA:

OG Geoff Schwartz (Blalock money) Kansas City may not be able to pay Schwartz if they try to retain Branden Albert with Fisher's struggles

OT Michael Oher (Clabo money) Baltimore will move on, but Oher can be our answer at right tackle and can swing to left if Baker gets hurt

DT BJ Raji (Asante's $ + what we would have given to Seymour) Raji wants to play in a 4-3

RB Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden ($ that would have gone to SJax) both will be FA's, provide a lot more than what SJax can

Draft:

#6 = DE Jadaveon Clowney, South Carolina just an impact defender, Blank talked about how we need to get tougher on both OL and DL

2nd rd = TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington bad year statistically, but one of the most gifted TE prospects. Can block and be a weapon.

3rd rd = LB Christian Jones, FSU has the size, speed, and range to cover the TE and play SLB in a 4-3

4th rd = RB/WR/RS De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon hopefully will fall because of poor stats, off-field concerns.....would add a spark to our offense out of the backfield, in the slot (HD to the bench), and on returns. Ideal for Koetter's screen-happy offense.

You are hired.

If we trade any picks higher than a 4th this year or 3rd next year I'll picket. We need to quit trading our picks away.

As much as I'd like Clowney, I'm inclined to agree. If Clowney's there at 6, then take him, but, if he's not, then trade back, and grab the best DT available, with your first pick.