Bryan Cox Has Nolan Connections

hjerry

I'm actually pretty excited about this move. Cox is a former LB, and has Nolan connections. He was the pass rush coach for Miami, during Nolan's last year as DC there, before moving to Tampa to take the same job. I've read up on him a lot, over the last few years. Basically, he's the kind of hard nosed, kill the QB, pass rush over run defense, kind of coach that people here have been asking for, for years. I'm guessing that Nolan is pretty involved in this hire.

Edited by hjerry

I'm actually pretty excited about this move. Cox is a former DT himself, and has Nolan connections. He was the pass rush coach for Miami, during Nolan's last year as DC there, before moving to Tampa to take the same job. I've read up on him a lot, over the last few years. Basically, he's the kind of hard nosed, kill the QB, pass rush over run defense, kind of coach that people here have been asking for, for years. I'm guessing that Nolan is pretty involved in this hire.

stopped reading right there. cox is a former lb. not dt.

Some info on Cox.

Bryan Keith Cox (born February 17, 1968) is a former American football linebacker who played twelve seasons in the NFL from 1991 through 2002. Cox was a three-time pro bowler with the Miami Dolphins and was also a member of the New England Patriots club that won Super Bowl XXXVI. He is currently the defensive "front seven" coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Cox generated controversy while a Miami Dolphin in 1993, when he waved the middle fingers with both hands at fans prior to a road game against the Buffalo Bills

it might be alittle rushed to have the staff in place for the senior bowl

We have about a week and a half. Enough time to see who falls out of the playoff race this weekend. There is also the possibility of simply naming an interim D-line coach until they get their guy. Though if I had to put money on it I'd place my bets on Cox getting hired within the next few days.

He was an absolutely "NASTY" player. I didn't like him at all. May be just the fire we need.

The d-line needs a lot of nastiness. He just might be the guy, and plus he might have been recommended by Nolan which could be a step in the right direction for the defense.

It would be great to see that nastiness against Brees and the Saints.