Auburn Rb Tre Mason Declares For Draft

XXVIII-III

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

****. I was hoping he would stay for another year so we could have a shot at him next year. The only way I'd take him in the 3rd is if we got an extra one and there was no linemen worth taking there.

Honestly if we nab a quality OG and a DT in FA, and use our first two on Greg Robinson and someone like Aaron Donald, I would definitely take him.

I don't think it will take too much to get the O-line back to the same level of competence we saw during the years Turner was at his best (and I'd argue that Turner made the line look a lot better than they were). I also think we'll see the FA acquisition of a blocking tight end - that's a Mike Tice trademark. Those two events would put the run game back on the table. So here's the question: Will the Falcons rely on the current stable of running backs, or look to upgrade. Given that Jackson and Snelling will be 31, Smith will be 29, and only Rodgers will come in under 25, I think they have to consider an upgrade, especially in an RB-rich draft like this one. In view of other needs, the top of the third round is too early, but chances are excellent that a high-upside back will be there at the top of the fourth. If that happens, I think we'll see a rookie RB at the Branch.

I don't if we'll end up with him, per se, but this is a great year for RBs. There are so many good ones, with 2nd and 3rd round projections, that a few really good prospects should fall into the 4th.

I agree. People are flipping out over how 2015 will be a great RB class even though the 2014 class is arguably deeper. It might not be as top heavy as 2015 will likely be but this class reminds me of 2008's class where you could pick up a quality RB much later than usual.

I don't think it will take too much to get the O-line back to the same level of competence we saw during the years Turner was at his best (and I'd argue that Turner made the line look a lot better than they were). I also think we'll see the FA acquisition of a blocking tight end - that's a Mike Tice trademark. Those two events would put the run game back on the table. So here's the question: Will the Falcons rely on the current stable of running backs, or look to upgrade. Given that Jackson and Snelling will be 31, Smith will be 29, and only Rodgers will come in under 25, I think they have to consider an upgrade, especially in an RB-rich draft like this one. In view of other needs, the top of the third round is too early, but chances are excellent that a high-upside back will be there at the top of the fourth. If that happens, I think we'll see a rookie RB at the Branch.

This the perfect draft to get a RB. There are over 10 guys, as s, with 2nd and 3rd round projections. There will be some good RBs sitting at the top of the 3rd, and probably even the top of the 4th.

I agree. People are flipping out over how 2015 will be a great RB class even though the 2014 class is arguably deeper. It might not be as top heavy as 2015 will likely be but this class reminds me of 2008's class where you could pick up a quality RB much later than usual.

Top heavy isn't what we need though. Even next year, we will have bigger needs in the first two rounds. The range for RBs this year, is right where we need them to be.

This the perfect draft to get a RB. There are over 10 guys, as s, with 2nd and 3rd round projections. There will be some good RBs sitting at the top of the 3rd, and probably even the top of the 4th.

Tre Mason, Carlos Hyde (who our coaching staff will get to coach in the Senior Bowl), Devonta Freeman, James Wilder, Terrance West, Andre Williams, and Storm Johnson are the ones I can name off the top of my head. I'd be happy if we came away with any of them as long as we have addressed the lines first.

That is all fine and dandy but you are forgetting one little thing. We have the WORST Oline and BOTTOM 5 defense in the ENTIRE NFL. But nah let's waste a pick on a RB. A 3rd round pick nonetheless.

To be fair, we also have the worst running game.:P Albeit that's largely because of the line, but even so.:P

To be fair, we also have the worst running game.tongue.png Albeit that's largely because of the line, but even so.tongue.png

It's b/c of a lot of things. The line is #1, but our other problems include a FB that can't stay healthy, a replacement FB that can't block, TEs that can't block, and a stable of RBs that are mediocre at best. We don't have above average at any of the places, that would lead to having an above average running game.

Robinson is way too raw for me to get behind picking him. He has sky high potential but there is very serious risk with him.

He is really raw as a pass protector but his run blocking is the best in the draft and that's not debatable. I honestly want us to trade down a few times though and grab more 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'd love to get Zack Martin on our offensive line and maybe Gabe Jackson if we don't sign Asamoah in FA.