Worrilow/bartu. Locks As Starters Or Great Back-Ups?

BigL77

Just trying to get a feel for peoples opinions. Is every1 just pleased with the way they stepped up and filled in or are fans satisfied with them as starters moving forward? Sorry if this has already been posted. I truly cant tell if every1 is that impressed with them overall or impressed with the "from outta nowhere" story tied to them. Just asking opinions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worrilow is a great football player and I think he will be a starter on our team for a long time. Bartu? Not so sure. I like him. I like him a lot. We'll just have to wait and see what the offseason holds. He has potential to be a solid starter, if he puts in the work. I don't see us going out and getting someone to replace him this offseason with all our issues on both the O-Line and D-Line.

I think they both are starters. Who is going to replace them? We gonna draft a MLB/SLB early? Very doubtful imo. I would have no problem upgrading either position, but i don't think we do it early enough to get a player who is going to come in and unseat two guys who both played significant snaps and played well in those snaps.

Don't get whats up with people doubting Bartu. He played very good all year. I'd like to see him rush the passer a little more. People want to get hot and bothered over drafting a "LEO" rusher and they forget that Bartu played some DE at Texas State so he has plenty of pass rushing background. He also had 3.5 sacks this year. Playing significant stats for a full year in the NFL is a pretty big advantage over a rookie we bring in. I am excited to see both of their progression next year when hopefully we have a much improved D line. Both of them will look even better. Think about their play this year, and think about how more impressive it could have been with a better D line.

Edited by Clark Kent™

Worrilow lock at MLB. Bartu should be the starter as well ,but we could bring in someone to compete with him. Bartu was beasting the last few weeks. He can only get better, plus he has the speed to cover guys our previous LBs didn't. I like both as starters

Those two guys are both starters. We could do much worse. Bartu at 85 tackles and 3.5 sacks is solid and he has a ton of room to grow, the only question is will he continue to grow.

Before we do anything with our LBs, our focus needs to be the Dline.

I like this. Bantu needs an offseason of strengthening but he closes well on ball carriers and is serviceable in coverage. He and Worrilow are the least of our concerns and I'd be comfortable with them both depending on our free agency.